bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

post up dem bikes, or just tell about them.

me-

yakoda track frame

miche primato sealed track hubs

twist laced mavics

dura-ace cranks and b/b.

miche pedals- campy record knock offs.

(i have campy everything for the bike someone would just steal it.

oh yeah, and a road fork off an old raleigh.

-other rides,

specialized rock hopper fixed gear conversion.

late 70's schwinn fixed gear conversion- beater bikes that i refuse to sell for some reason.

pictures soon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

i think stealing a bike from a store is a better idea than from a kid. we work hard for our bikes, it would be sad.

i loooooove talking aobut bikes....even ask skotrel.

but between my boyfriend and i we have currently 5 bikes. three of them are put together and the rest are frames that we switch stuff too.

my bike: cobalt blue cinelli track bike, fixed gear, 2 to 1 ratio, chrome dropouts, 1 front break, with camponolo components.

my boyfriends bikes: fire engine red cinelli track bike, with no brakes, chrome dropouts, camponolo components, i forgot what ratio but it's big.

2nd bike for him: is a chrome road bike, he converted it to one gear, camponolo components, two breaks, and one huge ass gear ratio.

3rd frame: KHS track frame that was formally an orange frame colored it to red.

4th frame: is an old school red raliegh frame with chrome dropouts. it's pretty old school because it has the new england seal and the shop it was made at. it was raced on. it's too big on me. we're selling it if anyone is interested.

but yup, those are all the bikes that we own. right now i'm saving for a michelson specially made for my small ass. that would be $800 for my measurements and i get to pick out the color. pretty expensive but i think since that i'm so tiny, might as well get something specially made for moi. as for the fixed gear, i'm still trying to excersise my legs to get it ready to stop.

Guest HESHIANDET

weeeeeee track bike love. damn devil, thats a nice collection. i'm in the process of saving for a debernardi frame, or a bianchi pista. I don't know why i like the pista sooo much, its just cool looking. what size is that khs? im pretty big, i ride 59cm everyday and am comfortable up to 61/62. im not sure what my current ratio is, (i forget what size my rear is) but im riding a 47 up front. as for you getting strong eough to stop, just ride it. There is no shame in having a brake, it actually lets you go faster. i've been meaning to put mine back on, i'm just lazy. This is fun

[This message has been edited by HESHIANDET (edited 05-14-2001).]

a kona cinder cone, with marzocchi z.5 shocks, marzocci fucking rules better than rock shox, i also got a scwinn super stock 2 bmx bike. last spring i went out to moab utah, that place is pure crazyness for bikeing, its well worth the trip i recommend trying the porcupine ridge trail, of course slickrocktrain and bartlett wash.

Whats also fun is going to ski areas and taking the lifts up and ridein down in the summer.

• Like 1

first i want to say to secret,stealing a bike from someone is FUCKED UP,that is stupid,and i dont know why you would write some shit like that in a thread that is obviously for and about people that love theyre bikes.with that said....

hello devilush,been a while http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>...i have a clunker track bike i built out of an old rode bike,baught track wheeles off ebay and was ready to go skip stoppin.also and on to my real love,mountain bikes,i have a yr2000 trek 8000,with a rock shock judy hydracoil fork.such a nice hardtail,fast,light,ready to kick but.and recently i just bought(an impulse buy)a 2001 gary fisher sugar with a marzocchi z.3 air fork and a cane creek rear shock,i love this bike,light,soakes up the hits but rides like a hard tail,and i must agree with suburban the marzocchi rocks.its ride to work day on may 17,how many of you are ridding into the job that day?how many do it everyday?i commute to work every day,about 10 miles each way,and then do a 17 mile trail ride 5 to 6 days out of the week too.lets hear for the bike commuters!

Guest unknown

i want to get into buying old/vintage bikes and restoring them. i would love to have an old banana seat bike or an old beach cruiser. anyone been doing this? any tips?

Guest HESHIANDET

im so fuckin sick of the old bike craze that is sweeping philadelphia. Is this going on anywhere else? Hundreds of old ass rusty bikes w/ fenders and shit. FUCK its soooo annoying.

1. Redline mono-cog ... basically a 26-inch BMX. I like this one a lot. It’s red. I took all the decals off and put some custom stickers on it (I work in a sign shop, so I can make just about any kind of sticker I want). I ride it to work most days.

2. Specialized FatBoy … I bought one of these the first year that they made them. It’s a cool bike, but my brother keeps popping the tires and replacing them with cheap ass wal-mart tires and tubes.

3. Cannondale road bike … This one is my dad’s, but he lets me ride it when I go to his house.

4. Schwinn road bike … This one is not actually a complete bike. We had to use it as a spare parts bike, but I might convert it into a track bike.

I worked in a bike shop for two and a half years. I started working there strictly so I could get a discount on new bikes. In those two and a half years, I never got around to buying my new bike (I wish you could live in a bike like you can live in a car). Two weeks after I quit, I ended up buying a new bike (the Redline) at full retail price. Every time I get on my bike I feel like I’m ten years old again. It was worth every penny I spent on it.

Al

Laugh hard it’s a long ways to the bank.

Originally posted by ohnoone:

ive got a redline bmx bike-thingy. i know nothing about bikes except i like riding it. and i also am forever popping the back tire on things. suggestions?

If your poping the tire with thorns or nails, try putting in one of those mr tuffy tire liners that repel thorns. Those work well but are kinda heavy. If your poping it by jumping of curbs or banging it into things, make sure the tire is pumped up a lot at least 40 psi, i suggest 60 psi, that way you wont get pinch flats{where your tube gets poped cause it hits into the rim.} Either way make sure you have high air pressure that will prevent a fair amout of flats, just dont pump it up too far.

Guest unknown
Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

im so fuckin sick of the old bike craze that is sweeping philadelphia. Is this going on anywhere else? Hundreds of old ass rusty bikes w/ fenders and shit. FUCK its soooo annoying.

i didn't know anything about an "old bike craze". it's definatley not around here...

Guest Comp Shoes

I got a blah blah frame with cromed out spokes and sealed tire rims. stainless steal blah blah, and platinum blah blah pedals. hahaha, bike nerds! I also got a cannondale razor to shave my legs with.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

weeeeeee track bike love. damn devil, thats a nice collection. i'm in the process of saving for a debernardi frame, or a bianchi pista. I don't know why i like the pista sooo much, its just cool looking. what size is that khs? im pretty big, i ride 59cm everyday and am comfortable up to 61/62. im not sure what my current ratio is, (i forget what size my rear is) but im riding a 47 up front. as for you getting strong eough to stop, just ride it. There is no shame in having a brake, it actually lets you go faster. i've been meaning to put mine back on, i'm just lazy. This is fun

[This message has been edited by HESHIANDET (edited 05-14-2001).]

hey hesh....nice to see ya again....well about the bianchi pista (is it that black one?), but it depends what your're doing with it. if you are riding hard core with it, like messengering, not a good idea. my boyfriend wrapped that sucka. but if it's for pleasure, cool. i love that bike. it's got good colors. that KHS is i believe a 52. it doesn't fit me,a dn it's too small for my boyfriend. so i'm thinking it's too small for you too. yup, i took my brakes off yesterday, and shit, i didn't stop for nothing http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//eek.gif'>

hey DIBS http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>, i remember that you were looking for a bike not too long ago. someone that i know that works in an infamous bike shop can give you the writers deal. but if you want another bike, lemme know. i usually don't ride to work, i dress way too nice to do that. but when i have the chance, i ride down mission to get to my mother's place. or i just ride whenever i want to. but yup, i think i'll ride to class that day. might as well dress down one day.

but if i ever catch someone that was stealing my bike, oh shit all hell woul break loose. not only me to do the beat downs, but the rest of the bike messengers too. shit, they love my bike and for someone to take it away, would insult them as well. but it is a fucked up thing to do, not only because it is soemone else's bike, but because people work hard to get the nice bike that they wanted.

track bikes mmmmmmmmm....

new fuji track its cheap it looks new it turns heads especially when i paint it pink.

waiting for casati to get their fucking website up and running so i can order a hand made frame with custom geometry.

1974 raliegh disco gold, mavics, phil wood tracks, riser bars, campy bb, go.

1972 dawes bright yellow, old ass english racing frame, so sweet same set up as raliegh.

looking into a cinelli cyclocross single speed.

gears are for queers. cars are coffins the usual bs.

Guest HESHIANDET

true that on the fuji, for the price its hot hot hot. Devil- i came to the realization that i would end up working with whatever i bought so i feel bad spending the money....but damn that nice flat black frame, mint green spritzed here and there....uhhhhhhhhhhhh. The funny thing about that fuji is that I was looking at one today in the shop. (My chain broke while riding, coming into a busy intersection http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//eek.gif'> . i swear i almost die every day at work....)ummm yeah, Phil rules.

devilush,thanks for hookin up the hook up!!but for real,when i bought that new gary fisher,i tapped my self out.i love the bike,dont regret getting it,but it sure messed up my finances,hahaha,oh well.money is for spendin right?!?!id still like to take advantage of the hook up though,youll have to let me know about it.well tommorrow(bike to work day),ill be ridding to work(as usual)anyone else?devilush is ridding to school,how about anyone else???kill the car for a day and ride your bike,im hopping to see alot of people ridding tommorrow.

singned sincerely,

the ultra mega super bike nerd

[This message has been edited by DIBS (edited 05-16-2001).]

i got a mountain bike with front shock absorbers that broke, but somehow they work better now, only one of the two front ones work. i bought cheap ass pegs in a market here (for those of you that dont know, i live in nicaragua where people ride their bikes and give 3 or 4 friends a ride to and from work everyday). i gots a bugle with one of those black sqeezie things to make lotsa noize and a can compartment http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//wink.gif'>.

------------------

-=im going to hell for tagging purgatory=-

Porque el nombre de este es en espanol, quiere contestar en espanol. Lo siento,no me digo espanol bueno. Me tengo dos bicicletas, uno por la calle, y uno por el bosque. El uno por la calle es un trek 1000 bicicleta en amarillo. El uno por el bosque es un trek 8000 de mil noveciento novent y nueve. Estoy muy feliz con mi bicicletas.