bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Joker@Oct 26 2004, 07:51 PM

I just bought the new Pista Concept. Full bike with some goodies on it. Getting back into racing on the track for 2005. Winter training is already time consuming beyond belief. It's only October and I'm already averaging ten to twelve hours a week on the bike, not including gym work. By January I fear I'll be up to twenty hours a week. If I don't end the 2005 season with legs like the characters in Triplets of Belleville... I'll be really suprised.

congrats J, buying new bikes is pretty fun. how did you build up your new rig?

i just went from 50 hours/wk on the bike down to about 5/wk of leisurely commuting and going to and from the bar! i can feel my belly growing! :king:

oh right on....looks a lot better than how bianchi has built up their regular pista. i saw on the 05 pista they finally dropped those crappy truvativ cranks for some lower end sugino stuff.

what made you decide against going with Vanilla>? i know you were pretty geeked about those a year or so ago?

Originally posted by 48:16@Oct 26 2004, 10:11 PM

i just went from 50 hours/wk on the bike down to about 5/wk of leisurely commuting and going to and from the bar! i can feel my belly growing! :king:

glad to see someone else is in the same situation as me. :haha:

I've got waaaaay too much shit on my plate now to even think about bike riding.

You could try goof-off or something like that. Orange cleaner might work as well. Whatever you try... test a spot on the frame not visable. Like the inside of a drop out or something. Also, rubbing alcohol works wonders on sticky situations like glue residue. Just a thought.

man, hope everyone had a good halloween weekend. i partied a bit but rode more. saturday morning i rode street, and this cement park not too far from my house. its kinda small but its still fun to rip around. sunday i rode at that cement park in the morning [gotta get there early or late cause bikes arent allowed in =[ ] and then i went to chenga at like 630. that kicked ass cause i had it to myself the whole night and i could ride any line i wanted. 360'ing everything this weekend. sick shit.

cloner/tired as fuck

So I have a question for you Clone...

Back in the early 80's when I was freestylin' and riding ramps (Think RL Osborne and Mike Buff, Mike Dominguez) we rode with our seats set normally. A little lower than riding height but not that much. Basically, just enough to get the bars pass the nose of the seat without it hitting.

Now, when I look at bikes today... the seat is super low and the nose is turned wayyyy up. Why? Is there a reason? I've always been curious but never bothered to ask anyone.

usually, the nose of the seat is turned up so you can pinch it with your knees. its for tricks where your letting go of the bars (barspins, no handers etc) or even when youre just jumping and want to keep your bike straight. personally i dont keep it turned way up, just enough so i can grab it with my legs.

i'm pushin a blue w/chrome flakes 68 gios torino pursuit track frame w/ cinelli 38 track drops...the only problem is i got hit this week and my forks got tweeked a little bit ..it still rides but with no hands it pullsto the left..it's crap i don't know how i'm gona get a new fork and the bike won't be all orignal sad sad sad affiar.

well, i was hauling around on a 1971 peugeot uo-8, but today i picked this up...

7.jpg

it looks exactly like this, minus the pump and the bottle. i don't know if it has 100miles on it, but it sure as hell will when i'm done with her... hi-oh!

but seriously folks, when i brought her home my roommate asked me if it was brand new. it's that clean.

yeah.

bump this shit up..went and rode some street in cleveland yesterday. was pretty cool 'cept my ankle is swollen as a bitch now. i got to see a big dump truck basically t-bone and crush a minivan..shit was awesomeeee[exclamation point]

anyone else get out riding[question mark]

My cranks my celeste pista is broken. I never had money to fix em till now (got a new job). My LBS is selling a GT GTB, what do you guys think about that bike? Also, what do you think about a CUERVO bike? My LBS is the CUERVO dealer.. personally i've never heard of it but, i haven't been hanging out with the fixed gear crowd for a minute now.

Never heard of the Cuervo before. Looked online but could only find weird lookig MTB's. The GT GTB bike is pretty good as far as a track bike goes. I would put them just a tad bit higher than the Bianchi Pista. The GT seems to be better made and more responsive. Especially on the track. At least from what I remember of the few rides I had on them.

Been doing lots of riding. Nothing major but still getting in a lot of hours so early in the off season. Cross racing here in town has been huge. Record numbers of people racing and spectating. I think the Nationals are going to be phenominal this year. Different course but in the same area as last year. I hope for the racers it won't be the slop it was last year. That crap was ugly...

You still coming out Cinn?

Originally posted by Joker@Nov 11 2004, 04:10 PM

Never heard of the Cuervo before. Looked online but could only find weird lookig MTB's. The GT GTB bike is pretty good as far as a track bike goes. I would put them just a tad bit higher than the Bianchi Pista. The GT seems to be better made and more responsive. Especially on the track. At least from what I remember of the few rides I had on them.

Been doing lots of riding. Nothing major but still getting in a lot of hours so early in the off season. Cross racing here in town has been huge. Record numbers of people racing and spectating. I think the Nationals are going to be phenominal this year. Different course but in the same area as last year. I hope for the racers it won't be the slop it was last year. That crap was ugly...

You still coming out Cinn?

of course bro... i got one of my finals moved around so now i can go im fing stoked... im sitting like 8th right now in the U23 nationals im trying to get on that world selection team... I'm heading back up to MASS this weekend for 2 more UCI races.. it's going to be COLD.. Originalarea you going to be at the races?

joker unless you want to buy a new bike and travel all over the place racing don't give cross a try you'll be as addicted as i am... im trying the reverse psychology shit

i got my VO2 make done today... shit was wicked hard.. i had to do it on the treammill b/c they didn'thave it set up for the bike...i did in my exersice physiology class.. i got 69.3... for those of you who don't know what means it's pretty good... lance is at 85 greg lemond was 92.5 the average college athlete is at 55 and most elite athlets are at 75... it's promising...

oh and i just singed to an U23 road team.. .WHAT WHAT.. i'll be riding on Team Snow Valley's U23 team.. first year it's together they are based out of maryland and D.C. i think... i get free bike to use and all this cool stuff.. it's going to be rad..

that all

remember... we fuck as hard as we ride

ahahha

later