Passenger Trains...Flixx from allover

MidniteRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
are u for real, Revok doing sum galvs down under, good shit

Are you kidding me? That train is probably still sitting there, fresh paint, Revok is a joke in the clean train world, why do shit if you cant put it on the internet the day you paint it, go paint some shit solo instead of with some locals.

Are you kidding me? That train is probably still sitting there, fresh paint, Revok is a joke in the clean train world, why do shit if you cant put it on the internet the day you paint it, go paint some shit solo instead of with some locals.

i dont know exactly what you mean

ETHER INTERVIEW

Where you from and what do you write?

I write ETHER of the MADE U LOOK Crew and I am from Chicago.

Graffiti; vandalism or art? What do you prefer, legal or illegal?

Wait, graffiti is legal? I was under the impression that graffiti is vandalism, and 100% illegal.

If there is an ILLEGAL piece on a wall; it could be viewed by some as art. I might agree, though

I would still call it graffiti. Pieces on a permission wall are art too, but I DO NOT consider that

graffiti, these pieces are NOT ILLEGAL.

What writers influence you?

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days of graffiti when everything was new, exciting, and

everything was influential in one way or another. When I was younger i was influenced by a few

writers. Sadly, over time I have lost respect for many of them for a variety of reasons. More

recently, I find a lot of influences outside of graffiti. The only people that really influence me

both in and out of graffiti is my crew and family.

What do you think about the bullshit ass beef fucking the graffiti scene up?

In any major city your gonna have beef. Beef in certain cities have helped push their respective

scenes, however in some cities beef has held them back. I hear a lot of people say, “The scene

should be united, why can’t everyone get along.” however, this is graffiti; not summer camp. Not

everyone is going to be one big happy family, and thankfully so.

Where’s the most interesting place you’ve painted?

I think almost anywhere I travel to paint, I find these locations interesting in different ways. I think

that is why I enjoy traveling so much.

You are known for painting American subways. It almost seems like it has become a trend as of late to paint

passenger trains in the United States. How do you feel about the current increase of writers painting subways?

At the time when I had first started painting subways, most writers who were also painting transit

would go into a yard with 3-6 cans, and do a 5-15 minute stylized strait letter. The majority of writers

were content with painting transit this way. Seeing panels like this made me question what was possible

to accomplish on these transit systems. During this time period most were not pushing the limits of style on

transit like our predecessors were, with the exception of a small few. I decided to take it upon myself to push

the bounds of what people thought was feasible on these systems. Consequently, in recent years people have

caught on. Writers are painting bigger, more intricate and with more colors, which puts a smile on my face.

However, now a lot of writers who have no background painting such surfaces, feel compelled to paint them.

What do you mean by that exactly?

Many writers feel obligated to legitimize themselves within the “graffiti scene” by painting trains. These

writers often rely on other people to take them to paint these trains. It’s one thing to be chaperoned to

spots, paint some panels, and send the photos to magazines or post them on the Internet. However, it is

an entirely different beast to dedicate your whole career to transit. To do the homework, to learn the ins

and outs of spots yourself, to memorize schedules and timetables and patterns. I learned to paint steel by

my self by applying these fundamentals. Subsequently, it always makes me skeptical of a writer who doesn’t

paint their native system or if they don’t have one, but will travel to other cities to paint transit. I always

wondered how people could go to other cities and represent on those systems, when they can’t even

represent on the trains of “their city”. People have all sorts of excuses (ie: too difficult, too heated, etc.),

but what it comes down to is some writers just aren’t built for it. Which is fine. I just honestly don’t see

the point of painting transit if you’re not gonna be 100% dedicated to all aspects of it. When i see photos

of panels by writers who are just trying to ride on the “transit trend” I am not impressed. I have no respect

for panels like that. I have more respect for people who do there own thing instead of those who do something

to be a part of the latest fad. I am more impressed by a dope freight by a freight writer, or a throw-up in a

crazy spot by a bomber, than I am by some mediocre panel by either.

Some writer’s seem to not have an interest in transit why is that?

Well, obviously there is a flip side. There are writers who try to play transit down, and imply that painting

subways is a waste of time, as it is not usually viewed by other writers or the general public. Of course

there’s nothing wrong with wanting to smash a city, to be up and be seen by everyone. And sure, 15 minuets

of fame feels good, as does having another writer say “I’ve seen that spot!”, or “your so dope!”. I can see

how this could be motivation for some, but that is not what motivates me. I am secure enough within myself to

go to a city and not have anyone know I was there, besides my crew, my close friends, and the transit workers

who get to see my panels.

What made you agree to this interview with 004?

What influenced me to do business with 004 Connec is that they were down to back some writer’s that have

put in real work in the game, which was rather refreshing. A lot of other distributors and companies tend to back

more commercial artists, which may good for their marketing, but not something that I totally agree with. These

are the reasons that led to me doing this interview; something I seldom do.

What plans do you have for the future?

I’ll be in the lab for a while, so you will have to wait and see what I come up with.

Any Shout Outs?

First and foremost my first shout out goes to my crew/family MUL! Thanks to 004, other than that my friends know

who they are, and they don’t need me to acknowledge them in a interview. Thanks to anyone who hooked me up with

a place to stay, and anyone that ever had my back. And last but not least Rest in Peace Heist!

found this online, thought it was interesting.

i dont know exactly what you mean

Conviently enough, Ether said is best

However, now a lot of writers who have no background painting such surfaces, feel compelled to paint them.

Many writers feel obligated to legitimize themselves within the “graffiti scene” by painting trains. These writers often rely on other people to take them to paint these trains. It’s one thing to be chaperoned to

spots, paint some panels, and send the photos to magazines or post them on the Internet. However, it is

an entirely different beast to dedicate your whole career to transit. To do the homework, to learn the ins

and outs of spots yourself, to memorize schedules and timetables and patterns. I learned to paint steel by

my self by applying these fundamentals. Subsequently, it always makes me skeptical of a writer who doesn’t

paint their native system or if they don’t have one, but will travel to other cities to paint transit. I always

wondered how people could go to other cities and represent on those systems, when they can’t even

represent on the trains of “their city”. People have all sorts of excuses (ie: too difficult, too heated, etc.),

but what it comes down to is some writers just aren’t built for it. Which is fine. I just honestly don’t see

the point of painting transit if you’re not gonna be 100% dedicated to all aspects of it. When i see photos

of panels by writers who are just trying to ride on the “transit trend” I am not impressed. I have no respect

for panels like that. I have more respect for people who do there own thing instead of those who do something

to be a part of the latest fad. I am more impressed by a dope freight by a freight writer, or a throw-up in a

crazy spot by a bomber, than I am by some mediocre panel by either.

Dude fits the bill to a T