the american execution video

Fabo 2

Originally posted by seeking

you know what's interesting, i think, is that the same people who are so completely gung-ho outraged by this, and want to refer to them as 'savages' (not just you weapon) are generally the same people who support capital punishment, believe prison is 'being too nice', and think lethal injection is 'letting them off easy'.

does anyone else find that rather...oh, i dont know....fucking retarded?

it truly borders on the insane ironic level.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Those who favor tougher prisons and capital punishment favor it for those proven guilty of heinous crimes... this Berg guy was doing civilian construction work that did not merit such a brutal death.

Granted, I'm sure these conservatives would be outraged anyways if it had been a guy responsible for killing dozens, but I think it's still an unfair comparison, and not particularly ironic or contradictive. Even if they condone harsh capital punishment for criminals, there is still more than enough reason for them to be logically outraged by this particular event.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't plan on watching it. I have no desire to watch someone's head get cut off.

Although my natural curiosity nearly got me to click on the link, I held back after reading some of the comments that people left. It seems like even the most "hardened" people are affected by the video, so thats why I'm agreeing with ol' PMB here.

Even reading about it bums me out, I don't need to see a guy go through that.

On another note,

I find it funny that a lot of extreme right wingers are using this as justification or reasoning for the abuse in Iraqi prisons. I was listening to Michael Savage last night (who is honestly one of the most disgusting human beings I've ever heard speak) and he went off on a diatribe about how this is a million times worse than putting a guy on a leash and taking pictures of it. Sex with prisoners, humiliation and abuse are apparently now okay because we have video of Nick Berg getting beheaded. We're so full of American pride and a stupid childish attitude of superiority and always being on the "right side" of things that we don't see the hipocrisy in this.

This war is fucked up on BOTH sides, and as Roe mentioned earlier it's all a futile attempt to instill democracy into a place where its pretty obvious (see Nick Berg video) that they don't want it. The US government has been saying that this is a small portion of the population, not the majority. But if this small population will go to these lengths to show their distaste for our being in their country, then how the fuck does Bush or Rumsfeld think we're going to win this "war?"

For the first time in my relatively short life, I feel sorry for being a part of something like this, even at the lowest level of simply being an American citizen. Bush and company got us into it, and if level-headed people like us can't seem to see a way out of it, how in the hell are those retards in Washington supposed to do it?

I'm scared about what's next. What are we going to do?

It’s not that gross a video. Once he’s dead (pretty much right off the bat), he’s just another animal carcass.

Freightlover – go out and vote and shit. I don’t have the luxury of voting against Bush so this world can be a much better place.

wtf?

who the fuck is bozak? what's your hardon for me, homie? didn't you get the email, hating me went out in 2000?

mams,

it's not the perfect equivelent, but it still applies, because those same people i speak of are also generally the same people who were screaming for 'revenge' right after 9.11. the same people who still believe iraq was connected to it, despite there being not one single piece of evidence linking them.

basically, anyone that listens to rush.

another point i wanted to add is that many people don't realize this sort of shit has been going on for a long time. the only reason why you're seeing it now on the news is because this administration is so dilusional and determined that they will release this video on the air, just to gain support for "the war on terror."

i am in no way downplaying the loss of this man's life. it's just easier to point out because of all the press.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by mental invalid

but certainly one can make the argument now about finding alternative means of energy so that as a country we will be less effected by the tumultous region.

sorry to get off topic but..

it seems this peak oil shit is getting quite alot of play these days. i have a hard

time grasping the complexity of it, either it is very real and a very disturbing problem or it's a real alarmist thing. from what i've researched(not much), the so called

'oil crunch' is real and quite fucked. here is one realist/alarmist's take on the viability of alternative sources: http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/PageTwo.html

Browner-

First of all, that guy is a douchebag. He purposefully sensationalizes the

problem as a ploy to sell his book. While he gives reason that those

methods *individually* could not replace oil, the fact is that with the

adoption of any of those methods as a secondary resource, our oil demand

will begin to decrease. Also, using the new methods, implementing the

other methods will only become easier.

I'm not trying to turn a blind eye to the problem, I just don't think he needs

to go preaching doomsday just yet.

i haven't seen the video but it seems to me that it is the same thing as the daniel pearl video. what i dont understand is why i have heard next to nothing about daniel pearl?

was it because he was jewish? or because he was in pakistan? or because the video came out and there was no election so it never became an issue? weird shit.

Originally posted by JasonWhit

i haven't seen the video but it seems to me that it is the same thing as the daniel pearl video. what i dont understand is why i have heard next to nothing about daniel pearl?

was it because he was jewish? or because he was in pakistan? or because the video came out and there was no election so it never became an issue? weird shit.

Nick Berg was a jew, as well. And I think the Daniel Pearl incident DID in fact get a lot of press, but the latest war controversies have a knack of knocking each other out in the media spectrum.

The best way to put this into context is that this sort of thing happens a lot. Places like Rwanda, whole villages get slaughtered by machete in this similar manner. In Bosnia, families were dragged onto bridges, their throats cut, and thrown into the river. Not to say that this video isn't upsetting, cause it is. I think the worst part was seeing his family in ruin.

Who eats cabbage while browsing the internet?

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by S@T@N

Browner-

First of all, that guy is a douchebag. He purposefully sensationalizes the

problem as a ploy to sell his book. While he gives reason that those

methods *individually* could not replace oil, the fact is that with the

adoption of any of those methods as a secondary resource, our oil demand

will begin to decrease. Also, using the new methods, implementing the

other methods will only become easier.

I'm not trying to turn a blind eye to the problem, I just don't think he needs

to go preaching doomsday just yet.

see, i'm not an expert on it, so i can't say if he's a douchbag alarmist, or

he is onto something. he definitely exhibits a sensationalist attitude.

it seems it would take a good deal of time and research

to refute OR support the claims. maybe you could give a little more depth as to

why/how he is a douche in relation to the claims.

i didn't notice an explicit consideration of the combination of all alternatives, but

maybe becuz some of them are extremely expensive versus actual

impact(according to him).

if oil yields 20 on an energy scale and you take 3 expensive alternatives and

combine them, but each of them yields 1 each, is 3 a reasonable venture?

? i don't know what i'm talkin' about...

metallix is up on this shit i think..maybe villain..

*please respond to this...his argument is that the facts are alarming and action must

be taken now. you disagree..why?

Originally posted by fermentor666

Places like Rwanda, whole villages get slaughtered by machete in this similar manner.

in rwanda, 10,000 people EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 90 DAYS were chopped up with machetes fashioned out of scrap car parts.

this was one dude. multiply this one guy by almost a million percent(!) and you have rwanda.

not that i'm saying they're somehow the same, just trying to put the word 'horror' into proper perspective.

Originally posted by seeking

in rwanda, 10,000 people EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 90 DAYS were chopped up with machetes fashioned out of scrap car parts.

this was one dude. multiply this one guy by almost a million percent(!) and you have rwanda.

not that i'm saying they're somehow the same, just trying to put the word 'horror' into proper perspective.

Indeed.

This thread needs a smile. :D

Originally posted by fermentor666

Who eats cabbage while browsing the internet?

Cabbage roll. So there was mad meat up in there.

Damn straight that this one death is nothing compared with all the bullshit that has happened over the past hundred years or so. It’s just a media thing, really. What is the States gonna do? Declare war on Iraq? :lol:. I really don’t see how so many people on this thread are so horrified and shit. You all sound like fucking skinny vegans who cry whenever a squirrel gets run over. Nick JewBerg is collateral damage that shouldn’t have been in Iraq trying to get his money on in the first place.

just to try and put that number into a little better perspective, imagine someone lying dead on the ground in a bloody pool. now for the next week, imagine every single person you see, dead.

unless you walk around in a major city, that number wont even come close to being 10,000 people, but it's a start.

or how about this, next time you watch a basketball game. imagine everyone in the stadium was dead.

now imagine roughly 30-40 stadiums filled with dead bodies.

that should be pretty close.

or remember the last ten super bowls? imagine every single person in the stadiums, hacked up into pieces.

kinda makes janet's booby irrelivent, huh?