Tattoo flash

teen_014.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thanks for the worst thread ever-nominations, I wasn't trying to entertain you.

High Priest, I know there's a lot of good flash to buy, I was interested in something from 12oz:ers.

I can and will pay for something worth paying for. there's probably someone here who has done/is doing flash. I know there are other tattooers on here.

Cilone: Slim chance, unless you stab me with one of your seringes.

Didnt mention, tho i should have.. if you do so choose to purchase flash for you shop you might want to steer clear of Paul Booth's flash. Even tho he's a great artist, his flash is both over priced and totally generic/just poorly done over all... guess thats about it.

i actually think this could be a fun idea, but...

except for the people on here who actually tattoo, i don;t think many people on here would know what makes for good flash... they might have a decent design, but they wouldn't know what is and isn't realistically tattooable...

hey teen, are you on the read street forums? read street put out a dozen or so pages of flash done similarly... it's all pieces from people on the forums... ended up with a lot of variety on each sheet... and it seemed like a really fun idea...

good luck dude...

i think people here just missed the point...

flash sets cost money for a reason--because people put time and effort into them, and if the designs sell, the tattooers make money. so whoever designed the set should make money for it, period. i posted a couple of my flash sheets on here a while ago because i didn't care if people saw those designs, but i'd never post my best stuff or an entire set. that's stupid. the only way somebody is seeing my flash set is if they're buying it, or getting a tattoo from me. enough nickel and diming goes on in the tattoo business, and i think this is just another way to cut corners and make money off of somebody else's talent. it's not like metallica bitching about napster--most of us aren't making a fortune off our work so if you're gonna be making $100-150hr tattooing somebody's design, they deserve more than some props on 12oz and a picture posted up here. they deserve some cash. i hope nobody posts any artwork in here.

well that's up for debate. it is possible to have good technique as a tattooist, but not draw very well or do flash. it's like a graf writer who has perfect can control but doesn't have really fresh or original letters. it all depends on what somebody's personal opinion of what a good tattoo artist is. i know guys who can't draw to well, but they can copy a picture and put it in the skin perfect. i also know guys who draw really well, but they never bothered to really get into the mechanics of machines and the technical side of tattoing so their linework suffers. obviously it's best to have both but in my opinion, i think the most important thing is to be able to tattoo clean.

Archived