Playstation 3

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like general assumptions like this... Yes, this makes sense.

General assumptions?

Sony is banking that PS3 sales will push software sales of BD up in December over HD-DVD and show that Studios like Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate picked the right brand.

Lionsgate however is rumored to be about to make an announcement that they will have HD-DVD titles available. It's just too hard for them to pass up the money they could be making in HD-DVD.

If Sony doesn't win December (and I'm now thinking they have little to no chance) then Disney is very likely to spurn Sony and go with both formats.

LG is going to announce a Dual-Format (universal) player at CES. Their agreement with Sony won't allow them to release a HD-DVD only player.

Microsoft are releasing the HD-DVD drive for the xbox 360 from $200.

No one is going to buy movies for 30-40 dollars.

And those that do aren't going to be able to keep the format afloat.

Betamax anyone?

Everyone makes the Betamax comparison. I guess it kind of makes sense. I've had 3 different meetings about this same shit. The facts are that you're not an economist or a fortune teller, and you don't know shit besides what you think you know.

Good luck with that man.

Well maybe it was just my friends and family or whatever. I remember a friend of the family had laserdisc and a projector. I did think that was pretty cool. But even as a kid I remember wondering why they couldn't put a video on CD. Obviously I didn't know the technicalities but I just remember thinking if they could put tape on a CD then they should be able to put a movie on CD.

If that makes sense.

When it comes down to it CD's, discs in general are on their way out.

I don't pay for shit let alone 40 dollar prettie movies.

Shit is unfeasible to me.

That said. Would I be stoked to have a PS3?

Fuck yes.

Is it worth 600 dollars to me with my shit tube tv?

Fuck no.

I'm not saying that blue ray on a ps3 with a top of the line hd tv wouldn't be sick.

I'm saying that the market at the moment is so small that such a premium cannot be afforded by the majority of the public.

what is really so special about this tilt bullshit??

and if they are so slick how could they not find a way to intigrate the rumble and the tilt sensors.

and are the games gonna cost a whole lot more just cause they are HD DVD or whatever?

How special the tilt bullshit is will be up to the game developers. I think there is a lot of potential there.

Sony got sued by some company that alleges they stole the rumble technology off of them, and they're not slick enough to incorporate a new one into the controller (i'm pissed off about that, too).

And games probably will cost more, but I read something about first party games (games made by Sony, ie Gran Turismo, God of War) will be relatively inexpensive.

PS3 comin soon

ccc.jpg

On thursday after my class at 9 in the morning I am heading over to walmart or shopko to camp out until its release the following morning on friday. These things go for 600 retail but they are selling on ebay for 2000-2300 dollars, 1400-1700 profit for one day of sitting around seems worth it. anyone else trying to get one of these?

Archived