song at your funeral

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"and at your funeral, i will sing the requiem..."

who knows what i'm talking about.

i would like to be buried under a tree i think... no coffins, nothing. i dunno, death scares the shit out of me. i am going to miss people way too damn much.

my mom wants to be creamated, and that, honestly, bothers me more than anything in the world. i hope she changes her mind.

make sure they take my contacts out.

Originally posted by brown twinkie:

i don't think there is a song......there's been lots, but they only work for that moment in time and later on as nostalgia and reflection of that moment....usually when i am first exposed to a song that really spirales me into a certain mental area for days when i can't stop listening and dissecting a song and how i feel...........and they always seem to come into my life at the perfect moment......fate.....weird....receptiveness....................take5 said you increase your sychronicity by increasing your awareness.....................

i'd have to say that the song played at my funeral would be the one that days, hours, minutes, moments before my passing was the song i was being torn apart by....[/b]

i'd have to agree. i feel the same way. to me, music has a relevance which is unparalelled when it is new. even specifically to the listener. this too sounds odd coming from me who loves old records, but it's true. most songs that i love, or more accurately, have loved have basically run their course on me. i was fascinated, more actually, attached, engaged in a record, sometimes tortured by it, but then it ran its course. and left. most times for good. some of them actually produce physical naseua (sp?) for me due to overload of uncomfortable nostalgia. others still tempt me, some comfort. but i think that's where i differ for music. i don't really like comfort- well i do sometimes, situations.... i more like that perfect moment of relevance. of newness, oneness, a door opened. but i think some of the great ones do come back and continue to be struggled with. whatever. so yeah, i agree. sorry, but this is wonderful. yes indeed. eddie harris' music has been tangling with me lately. exodus is truly amazing. anthony braxton told me that the song fascinated miles davis for almost a year until he was over it. the swiss movement with les mccann oh baby.....

Guest freddy kreuger

camaannn beard, if im bringin the phish it's gonna be "ha ha ha" from the new years run 98-99...hahaha<get it!?

i joke i joke...

as for myself, it's definately phish..."bug" from summer 2000 hartford....brought me to tears.

on a related note...they played velvet sea at my homie bobby's funeral...

Guest cracked ass

This topic used to mean a lot to me, and my three songs were all instrumentals which, however cheesy, grabbed at me in some way that is the closest to spirituality I can come:

"Where Were You" by Jeff Beck

"Into the Light" and "Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness" by Joe Satriani

I almost wrote up a will-type statement to my family to get them to play these at the service.

But then I realized that I'm gone, and the funeral ceremony should be one that soothes their nerves. It's for my loved ones, not me, so they should play whatever makes them the most comfortable. They won't feel my music like I did, and I'm beyond hearing it anyway.

I did however make it clear that if they play that "Ave Maria" crap I'm gonna shamble out of the coffin and strangle the organist.

i probably would follow tow ups lead and make cd invites. they would definately include:

ryan adams- sweet carolina

jawbreaker-jet black

joy division- warsaw

swing kids- warsaw

bright eyes- its cool we can still be friends

american nightmare-theres a hole in the shadow of the pru

temperance- this fire

turning point- thursday

earth crisis-no compromise

endpoint-survival song

soggybottomboys-man of constant sorrow

sensefield-voice

i would ask for ryan adams to play at my memorial service, seeing as my body is probably going to end up in a funeral pyre in india, but as for artistic influences to design the layout of my services, urn invitations etc i would ask for mark rothko, sento, and trevor brown, james nachtwey to work together hows that for a artfuck.

------------------

teeth and flowerpots. addiction to the soul.

stonecutters#0.ulockjustice.

Its really hard fopr me to believe sometimes but i am actually happier at this current point than i think i have ever been..

but i used to go through these real deppressive states..and I could be heard saying "Yo When I die..I want this song played at my funeral" and my friend would just take a drag of her cigarette and roll her eyes..

but i think that today if i died..

merry christmas mr lawrence... by Ryuichi Sakamoto..

which just tears my heart every time..you can find it on the wall paper complilation/limitless luxury under sweet mother recordings..

or Tear drop by massive attack

Guest Rivers Cuomo
Originally posted by boxcarwilly:

Originally posted by maskoner:

"and at your funeral, i will sing the requiem..."

who knows what i'm talking about?

and if i flooded out your house do you think youd make it out or would you burn up before the water fills your lungs.

std

yeah, actually, this all makes me think about designing a watertight case for a 1000 cd jukebox at my grave site, set on continuous random, where it must play all the songs before it plays a song over... and another few on the list:

Take the A Train, several versions...

Ain't Misbehavin' - Louis Armstrong

Mood Indigo - Frank Sinatra... actually, several versions of this one too

------------------

2 Can Sam

[qoute]quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by boxcarwilly:

jawbreaker-jet black

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how could i forget.

'dirt' hey, thats beardo's theme song... that and "hey, look at me, i havent showerd in a month cause ive been living in the back of a volkswagon bus with 18 dogs, driving in circles in the middle of montana, completely fucking confused because theres no phish tour this summer to follow around like a mindless drugged out moron"

Archived