I NEED LEGAL ADVICE

~KRYLON2~

so basically i got fucked this weekend, me and my friend were snagged by the men in blue. long story short we bombed various billboards in the city of wind and we were about to go back to my friends car when a few squads pulled up. we led them on a 1 hour chase through backyards,alleys, and rooftops but we couldn't shake 'em. i saw my guy get cought so i went back to his car cuase he leaves an extra key in his glovebox but as soon as i hoped into his car i was swarmed by cops with no escape. so basically i got charged with 720 ILCS 5/21-1.3, i need to know what the fuck this means and how bad i am fucked. thanks for you help

by the way im from chicago, i dont know if the laws vary from city to city

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

§ 21-1.3. Criminal defacement of property.

(a) A person commits criminal defacement of property when the person knowingly damages the property of another without his or her consent by defacing, deforming, or otherwise damaging the property by the use of paint or any other similar substance, or by the use of a writing instrument, etching tool, or any other similar device.

(B) Criminal defacement of property is a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense if the damage to the property does not exceed $300. Criminal defacement of property is a Class 4 felony if the damage to property does not exceed $300 and the property damaged is a school building or place of worship. Criminal defacement of property is a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent conviction or if the damage to the property exceeds $300. Criminal defacement of property is a Class 3 felony if the damage to property exceeds $300 and the property damaged is a school building or place of worship. In addition to any other sentence that may be imposed for a violation of this Section that is chargeable as a Class 3 or Class 4 felony, a person convicted of criminal defacement of property shall be subject to a mandatory minimum fine of $500 plus the actual costs incurred by the property owner or the unit of government to abate, remediate, repair, or remove the effect of the damage to the property. To the extent permitted by law, reimbursement for the costs of abatement, remediation, repair, or removal shall be payable to the person who incurred the costs. In addition to any other sentence that may be imposed, a court shall order any person convicted of criminal defacement of property to perform community service for not less than 30 and not more than 120 hours, if community service is available in the jurisdiction. The community service shall include, but need not be limited to, the cleanup and repair of the damage to property that was caused by the offense, or similar damage to property located in the municipality or county in which the offense occurred. If the property damaged is a school building, the community service may include cleanup, removal, or painting over the defacement. In addition, whenever any person is placed on supervision for an alleged offense under this Section, the supervision shall be conditioned upon the performance of the community service.

If its the first offense it should get dropped to criminal mischief. B misdemeanor. 6 months probation. Get a lawyer and have him let the judge know you are indegent. You will not have to pay any fines or restoration. Holler back.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

If its the first offense it should get dropped to criminal mischief. B misdemeanor. 6 months probation. Get a lawyer and have him let the judge know you are indegent. You will not have to pay any fines or restoration. Holler back.

Well heres the deal.. Chicago?? ehh sorry to hear that.. one of the worst penalty systems..

Do not speak or say anything without a lawyer present.

That is easily the BIGGEST thing people fuck up with.. trust me on this.. even the littlest shit you slide out and they pass off non-chalantly will come to haunt you in the end.

dood honestly your really fucked

3x times the charges means 3x more jail time

unless you wanna sit in jail.

call up whoever you can borrow whatever money you can

and get your ass a lawyer ASAP.

thats the only solution unless you wanna plead guilty and just take whatever they give you (which will fuck you till you die, cuz your record isnt going away)

get a lawyer

get a lawyer

get a lawyer

get a lawyer

some of them take credit cards even

well, it aint THAT bad... sounds like they never saw you in the act. though, they might say they saw you in the report. if it just says they got a call, it'll be tough to prove it's you. only prob is that you were found in the car of your friend. just say that, while he was chased, he called you up to pick up his car. you should be fine.. as long as you kept your mouth shut, and your friend did. if you can get a real good lawyer, you'll get off scott free; if you are an adult, i reccommend spending the money... especially since you'll have to pay the restitution + fines, if convicted... though your boy pays half the rest if you're convicted. so, if you get off, and he doesn't... hit him back w/ some cash.

get a lawyer...but talk to at least three before choosing one.

i've been told that if the judge see's that you are in school they may go lighter on you.....making you seem like you are trying to do something with your life and aren't just some shithead out fucking things up cause your momma didn't love you.

Originally posted by Milton

Quick question:

Why did you go back to the car?

word

you should be fucking gratful man, i am surprised they didn't beat your ass, cops do not like to run at all, they hate it like the plauge. they might still be able to charge you with some type of evading arrest too.

on the real, get a lawyer. no matter what the judge or DA says and no matter the cost...DO NOT GET STATE APPOINTED this seems elementery to many on here but seriously, my mom couldn't afford one and i spent my teen years in and out of JDC like a fucking pizza delivery man.

also find a lot of people within the community that you can get to write letters of whatever, or anything really you can do that makes you look like a contributing member of society.

good luck.

You should have ran all the way home... but there is no sense in crying over spilled milk. You did get off easy. Cops hate high speed car chases and chases on foot. Y'all would have been better off giving it up or just running. But seems like they are being pretty cool.

Always make sure you shake cops before you go back to your car. Never involve your car in a chase because they will fucking call backup and shit and have you surrounded. They don't like chases in cars especially cause it endangers people. And they get violent sometimes too.

You could get a lawyer but they are expensive. But again you could be paying fines anyways. I prefer to defend myself. I study the shit out of the law if need be. I've found that if they realize that you are going to fight they lose alot of their spirit cause they don't want to be sitting in court for god knows how long over something relatively simple and stupid as graf. Sounds like your boy could get hemmed up pretty good.

Sorry to hear about all this. Which reminds me I have to go for a run.

Originally posted by villain

You should have ran all the way home... but there is no sense in crying over spilled milk. You did get off easy. Cops hate high speed car chases and chases on foot. Y'all would have been better off giving it up or just running. But seems like they are being pretty cool.

Always make sure you shake cops before you go back to your car. Never involve your car in a chase because they will fucking call backup and shit and have you surrounded. They don't like chases in cars especially cause it endangers people. And they get violent sometimes too.

You could get a lawyer but they are expensive. But again you could be paying fines anyways. I prefer to defend myself. I study the shit out of the law if need be. I've found that if they realize that you are going to fight they lose alot of their spirit cause they don't want to be sitting in court for god knows how long over something relatively simple and stupid as graf. Sounds like your boy could get hemmed up pretty good.

Sorry to hear about all this. Which reminds me I have to go for a run.

you sound like a cop

Alright I digress. They only time you should get in a high speed car chase is on some long straight aways. And if you're car is souped up. I had some friends who used to do this for fun. They would take their fucking beasts out and get cops to chase them and then practically stop and laugh at them when they crossed county lines.

But really car chases get ugly in crowded narrow streets with lots of obstacles and stops.

Fuck I'm from michigan I know about chases....

*I would like to add that we have been getting in high speed car chases long before the fast and the furious came out. In fact that movie pays tribute to the true street racer of all time the Charger. In fact it looks like Detroit muscle is bringing the hemi back to give all the fast and furious the kick in the pants they know they can easily.... But they put the hemi in a truck? I saw a fucking station wagon with a hemi in it??? Oh well I know people will be switching that shit out.

going back to the car probably depended on how far away from home he was...we got rolled on by the cops doing a parkway spot once and all three of us got separated and i returned to the car and only two of us made it back. as i stood there i realized how dumb it was especially since i didn't even have the keys and if a cop rode by i had no explanation for where the driver was and what i was doing five miles from my house. that was the night i learned that each night there's a set protocol on where to go/what to do when you get rolled on. as well as a set story on what to tell the police if youre not near your hood

Originally posted by YEAHMANWORD

going back to the car probably depended on how far away from home he was...we got rolled on by the cops doing a parkway spot once and all three of us got separated and i returned to the car and only two of us made it back. as i stood there i realized how dumb it was especially since i didn't even have the keys and if a cop rode by i had no explanation for where the driver was and what i was doing five miles from my house. that was the night i learned that each night there's a set protocol on where to go/what to do when you get rolled on. as well as a set story on what to tell the police if youre not near your hood

That's what I'm saying. Maybe I should clarify this. You all should know the theives code. But if you don't I will expound.

This may not be in the right order:

1) Scatter! They can't chase all of you.

2) Designate rendevous points: Do not EVER lead them to you're getaway vehicle. Or you're home for that matter. Or you're friends home. Dash, hide, wait, dash, hide, wait.... It doesn't matter if it takes all night.

3) Get you're story down before hand.

4) Never rat a friend. Even if you got some kind of beef with them. It's better not to ever let the cops get a leg into you're inner circle. Solve it yourselves. I'll tell you right now that I'm in the military and you might have a problem painting with me cause I could have a microchip in my left nut for all I know. I don't yet have a frequency counter so I don't know... Actually being in the military kept me out of trouble once. Thank you Uncle Scam.

Please let me know if I forgot some or if you'd like to add. Shit is scary in the information age. Mother fuckers could be tracking and tracing and watching ... fuck shit fuck fuck.

Originally posted by villain

That's what I'm saying. Maybe I should clarify this. You all should know the theives code. But if you don't I will expound.

This may not be in the right order:

1) Scatter! They can't chase all of you.

2) Designate rendevous points: Do not EVER lead them to you're getaway vehicle. Or you're home for that matter. Or you're friends home. Dash, hide, wait, dash, hide, wait.... It doesn't matter if it takes all night.

3) Get you're story down before hand.

4) Never rat a friend. Even if you got some kind of beef with them. It's better not to ever let the cops get a leg into you're inner circle. Solve it yourselves. I'll tell you right now that I'm in the military and you might have a problem painting with me cause I could have a microchip in my left nut for all I know. I don't yet have a frequency counter so I don't know... Actually being in the military kept me out of trouble once. Thank you Uncle Scam.

Please let me know if I forgot some or if you'd like to add. Shit is scary in the information age. Mother fuckers could be tracking and tracing and watching ... fuck shit fuck fuck.

microchipped humans. sounds like something coming out of prisonplanet.com

ha

how would you know if you did have a chip? like wouldnt it be obvious if they give you one? wouldnt u have to sign a release or something? or is it just like bend over while we inject u with something surprise surprise?

Originally posted by metallix

microchipped humans. sounds like something coming out of prisonplanet.com

ha

how would you know if you did have a chip? like wouldnt it be obvious if they give you one? wouldnt u have to sign a release or something? or is it just like bend over while we inject u with something surprise surprise?

Actually the only legitimate microchip is in the new ID cards. I still have the old one cause I got mine at Ft. Benning which is like the ghetto of the Army. Luckily noone gives me shit about it. After 9-11 everyone got new ID cards cause the old ones are ridiculously simplistic I guess.

There is alot of surprise surprise shit that happens though. I know when I first went through basic they lined us up like cattle and had us march through a row of nurses and we got like 6 shots in each shoulder. For what I don't know. And they have a record of our DNA. I'm just glad I haven't got that motherfucking anthrax shot yet cause from what I've learned it spreads easy.... you ain't supposed to wash that area for like 2 weeks. Not only that but studies are saying it actually makes you more susceptible to anthrax.

Hmm... I've never been to prisonplanet before... been to infowars though. word.

Archived