Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colonisms

Graffiti Video Game?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think its a wak idea but wouldnt mind checking it out to see how it is....and i wouldnt spend money on it i would rack it just like i rack my paint

Originally posted by iceman

i think its a wak idea but wouldnt mind checking it out to see how it is....and i wouldnt spend money on it i would rack it just like i rack my paint

jeez, from reading that u made me think that ur hardcore, nice.

Originally posted by iceman

i would rack it just like i rack my paint

that shit made me laugh

in my new ps2 mag, it has a little reveiw on this game, it says theres a trailer flying around on the net...and it also says its more of an action game than a graf game, running away from helicopters shooting at you, climbing along a building and writing FREEDOM in huge letters...im gonna have a look for the trailer, but if anyone else manages to get their hands on it..let us all know

no luck with the trailer yet..but i found this article...

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure Impressions - E3 2004

At E3 2004, we were able to take an advance look at Atari's upcoming game based on creative inspiration from clothing designer Marc Ecko. Details seem scarce, but Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure will apparently be a game about a lone graffiti artist attempting to spread a message of defiance in a huge metropolis overrun by gangs and by an oppressive military force.

Atari showed a brief video--which may or may not have been representative of actual gameplay--that featured a daring young fellow dressed in a stylish hooded sweatshirt, baggy jeans, and oversized sneakers leaping across the top of moving trains in an attempt to spray-paint graffiti on them. Later, the young man sprayed up a wall in what appeared to be a subway tunnel, only to be accosted by a gang of thugs. The young man pulled a lighter from his pocket and, with his can of spray paint, made a makeshift flamethrower that took his assailants by surprise before he delivered a few devastating punches and kicks that floored his opponents, until one of them hit him from behind with a club.

The scene then changed to the young man fleeing from a military helicopter firing on him as he sprinted across a rooftop and then leaped onto a telephone wire and slid down the length of it to the next building. On reaching the next building, our hero saw his next target--a propaganda billboard, part of which flashed with a glowing X (presumably to indicate that this was where he had to spray-paint his next message). He then replaced the end of the billboard's sentence, which claimed that the police state made "the city free," with "the city free...TO KILL." <span style='color:indigo'>The video then cut to one final sequence that showed our hero dangling by his waist from a great height spray-painting something in red--the camera zoomed back to reveal that he had spray-painted the word "FREEDOM" in huge block letters on the side of a bridge.</span> With this last cryptic scene, the video came to an end. Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure is scheduled for release next year.

sounds like it could be a decent game in my opinion

i dont know if anyone's said this yet but here's what they should do with this game...

have it set up kinda like a tony hawk game or something. and you pick the city you want to go to (to paint). once you choose a city, you can pick old school kings and new school kings to paint with. or you can create your own guy. anyways, the creators of the game should map out an entire city and even monitor traffic. if real-life traffic is busy, make it busy and hard to hit in the game. incorporate rooftop spots, highway rollers, billboards and such, as well as spots that run along the local transit system. include train/freight yards, and definately have it so that you can create your own pieces. i dont know, maybe it'd be cool then.

i reckon there will be a feature where you link the console to pc, and transfer your throwups or whatever onto the console

but yeah, AsekPmC..if the game does turn out to be that realistic, it could be really good

this is fucking ridiculous. can't those fuckers cash in on the nascar buzz that sweeps the nation? stay the fuck out of my life...

this is going to give kids the idea that graffiti is cool, in turn toying up every fuckin city in the nation, and bringing down the heat on all of us.

fuck this game. fuck the TV. go fuckin kill yourself.

heres some stills from the game and the trailor they talk about in the interview with the billboard and freedom roller, shit looks mad corny but who knows , ill probably end up playing it. and is the narrarator on that trailor talib kweli?

yeah I agree an online mode would be dope.. and be the writer or the vandal squad :haha:

the trailers on google look it up. also its coming out September 2005.

Originally posted by destroya@Jul 13 2004, 11:57 AM

this game would be bitchin' if it was like an mmorpg (massively multiplayer online role playing game). but it won't be, so it's going to suck. pity.

Yeah and you can form your own crews and shiet. I think the most realistic factor they should include is racking paint. I wonder how theyd incorporate that into the game? But in my opinion, the more realistic the game, the more fun it would be. Backflippin off a building while doing a fill-in (spiderman style) while looking out for a group of snipers, to me would be a bit lame.

But i'll still be playing the game on those rainy days. ;)

I would rather spend my hard earned money on a nice fat sack of bud. They need to make a video game where u smoke blunts all day....fucking bloodsuckerrs

if i really wanted to see some famed writter...i'd check out mags or videos.

if i wanted to see destruction from paint...i'd look at my streets.

if i wanted to get up in my city...you wont see me playing a video game.

Originally posted by colonisms@May 8 2004, 07:14 PM

We'll leave our spray paint at home when we head to E3 to find out more about this interesting title heading your way later this year.

what a bad move. thats all i have to say. just a bad move.

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

Originally posted by AverotS85@Mar 15 2005, 03:16 AM

if i really wanted to see some famed writter...i'd check out mags or videos.

if i wanted to see destruction from paint...i'd look at my streets.

if i wanted to get up in my city...you wont see me playing a video game.

and if I wanna kill mad Nazis, I'll play Brothers In Arms.

If I want to save the United States from terrorist attack, I'll play Splinter Cell.

If I want to save hostages, I'll play Rainbow Six.

If I want to use mad war strategy, I'll play Rome: Total War.

Seriously, would you play a game called Rita McNeil's Hockey? Or Bill Cosby's Mercenaries?

This game is a bad farce, and aside from maybe a rental, I won't be supporting it. Not because of principle, but because I know for a fact that it won't be good. I have nothing against graffiti being exploited - but it has to be done well.

*Mark Ecko just doesn't have the knowledge to make this game work. The preliminary screenshots tell me this loud and clear.