The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A filibuster, or "talking out a bill", is a form of obstruction in a legislature or other decision-making body. An attempt is made to extend indefinitely a debate upon a proposal in order to delay the progress or completely prevent a vote on the proposal taking place.

The term 'filibuster' was first used in 1851. It was derived from the Spanish filibustero meaning 'pirate' or 'freebooter'. This term had in turn evolved from the French word flibustier, which itself evolved from the Dutch vrijbuiter (freebooter). This term was applied at the time to American adventurers, mostly from Southern states, who sought to overthrow the governments of Central American states, and was transferred to the users of the filibuster, seen as a tactic for pirating or hijacking debate

connecticut ice cream

i drove through connecticut and picked up a pamphlet in the info center on ice cream in mystic country. i stopped in mystic, ct, and went to two ice cream shops listed in the brochure. both were decent, but the mystic drawbridge really stood out. it was high-quality, flavorful ice cream any ice cream fan would love. it was also the place with the line outside. i tried the vanilla and strawberry and both were like breyer's the way it used to be before it started cheapening its ice cream. besides mystic, i saw a listing for a bison farm in brooklyn, ct. it was out of our way but we thought it would be cool to visit a bison farm. we called to see if they were open, but they just had a message saying if you wanted bison meat you had to make an appt. so we drove up to brooklyn, and followed the signs to the creamery brook gourmet ice cream shop. when we drove up, it looked closed. the house next door had an open door and i walked up to it. through the screen, i saw a woman at a desk. so i asked her if the ice cream shop was open. she said in a rude tone, "we are not open this summer. i'm tired of dealing with teenagers." i was upset, having driven well out of the way, to get treated like this. i think she should say that her shop is closed in her phone message and take down the sides on the road leading to her ice cream shop if she is not open this season. i called the tourism board who published the brochure and told them to remove her from future ones. i wasted a lot of gas, when gas is not cheap, to go to brooklyn and be treated like crap. so i just want others to know my experience so maybe they can avoid the waste of gas and aggravation.

connecticut ice cream

i drove through connecticut and picked up a pamphlet in the info center on ice cream in mystic country. i stopped in mystic, ct, and went to two ice cream shops listed in the brochure. both were decent, but the mystic drawbridge really stood out. it was high-quality, flavorful ice cream any ice cream fan would love. it was also the place with the line outside. i tried the vanilla and strawberry and both were like breyer's the way it used to be before it started cheapening its ice cream. besides mystic, i saw a listing for a bison farm in brooklyn, ct. it was out of our way but we thought it would be cool to visit a bison farm. we called to see if they were open, but they just had a message saying if you wanted bison meat you had to make an appt. so we drove up to brooklyn, and followed the signs to the creamery brook gourmet ice cream shop. when we drove up, it looked closed. the house next door had an open door and i walked up to it. through the screen, i saw a woman at a desk. so i asked her if the ice cream shop was open. she said in a rude tone, "we are not open this summer. i'm tired of dealing with teenagers." i was upset, having driven well out of the way, to get treated like this. i think she should say that her shop is closed in her phone message and take down the sides on the road leading to her ice cream shop if she is not open this season. i called the tourism board who published the brochure and told them to remove her from future ones. i wasted a lot of gas, when gas is not cheap, to go to brooklyn and be treated like crap. so i just want others to know my experience so maybe they can avoid the waste of gas and aggravation.

Keep it moving, there is nothing to see and/or do in CT. If you are going to stop again, try the farm in Colchester, might be Catto farms? They make their own cheese. SUPER stinky cheese, but good shit. Or if you're in NYC just find them at the Union Square farmer's market. That is all for CT.

Urine is not, as many believe, the excess water from food and liquids that goes through the intestines and is ejected from the body as "waste". It is much different and much more. When you eat, the food you ingest is eventually broken down in the stomach and intestines into extremely small molecules. These molecules are absorbed into tiny tubules in the intestinal wall and then pass through these tubes into the blood stream.

The blood circulates throughout your body carrying these food molecules and other nutrients, along with critical immune defense and regulating elements such as red and white blood cells, antibodies, plasma, microscopic proteins, hormones, enzymes, etc., which are all manufactured at different locations in the body.

As the blood circulates, it passes through the liver where toxins are removed and later excreted from the body in the form of solid waste. Eventually, this now purified "cleaned" blood makes its way to the kidneys. When blood enters the kidneys it is filtered through an immensely complex and intricate system of minute tubules called nephron through which the blood is literally "squeezed" at high pressure. This filtering process removes excess amounts of water, salts and other elements in the blood that your body does not need at the time.

These excess elements are collected within the kidney in the form of a purified, sterile, watery solution called urine. Many of the constituents of this filtered watery solution, or urine, are then reabsorbed by the nephron and delivered back into the bloodstream. The remainder of the urine passes out of the kidneys into the bladder and is then excreted from the body.

The function of the kidneys is to keep the various elements in your blood balanced. When your body doesn't need something at a particular time, it is excreted - not because it is toxic or poisonous or bad for the body, but simply because the body does not need that particular element at the time.

Medical researchers have discovered that many of the elements of the blood that are found in urine have enormous medicinal value, and when reintroduced to the body, they boost the body's immune defenses and stimulate healing in a way that nothing else does.

A Nutrient Rich Powerhouse

In 1975, one of the founders of Miles Laboratories, Dr. A. H. Free, published his book Urinalysis in Clinical Laboratory Practice, in which he remarked that not only is urine a sterile body compound (purer than distilled water), but that it is now recognized that urine contains literally thousands of compounds. Among the urine constituents mentioned in Dr. Free's treatise is a list of nutrients that will knock your socks off. Here's just a few...

Alanine, Arginine, Ascorbic acid, Allantoin, Amino acids, Bicarbonate, Biotin, Calcium, Creatinine, Cystine, DHEA, Dopamine, Epinephrine, Folic acid, Glucose, Glutamic acid, Glycine, Inositol, Iodine, Iron, Lysine, Magnesium, Manganese, Melatonin, Methionine, Nitrogen, Ornithane, Pantothenic acid, Phenylalaline, Phosphorus, Potassium, Proteins, Riboflavin, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Urea, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc/

Stories have been told of individuals who have both lived and died by being trapped in places without food and water for days. Those that survived did so because they drank their own urine, those that perished did not. The ones that died probably could not overcome the mis-informed thoughts that urine is a waste product of the body. It's not. It's just a substance the body secretes that contains elements not needed at the time.

Despite what you may have been led to believe about urine, pharmaceutical companies have grossed billions of dollars from the sale of drugs made from urine constituents. Research is happening every day in labs attempting to isolate specific elements of urine so they can create new drugs and patent the substances. For instance, Pergonal is a fertility drug made from human urine. 1992 sales of this drug were reported at $855 million while it costs a patient $1400 a month to consume. Urokinase, a urine ingredient, is used in drug form and sold as a miracle blood clot dissolver for unblocking coronary arteries. Urea, medically proven to be one of the best moisturizers in the world, is packaged in expensive creams and lotions. Take the M out of Murine eye drops and what do you have? Yep. It's made from carbamide - another name for synthetic urea.

A Powerful Healer

To get some understanding of how urine can be such a powerful healing substance in and of itself, let's take a look at how urine therapy has been known to completely eliminate allergies.

We read where researchers have discovered that allergic responses are caused by "renegade" white blood cells that inappropriately attack substances even when they may be no threat to the body. So it is the activity of these renegade white blood cells, called antigen receptors, that needs to be corrected in order to cure the allergy.

In 1982, studies published by Dr. William Linscott (in Basic and Clinical Immunology) showed that when these antigen receptors (or renegade white blood cells) are reintroduced into the body, the body actually developed antibodies to these antigen receptors, and the antibodies then stopped the allergic response.

Realizing that the urine of allergic individuals contains the allergy causing antigen receptors, researchers thought that to re-introduce the urine back to the allergic individual would mean antibodies would be produced which would then stop the allergic response. And that is exactly what happens. Allergies have been completely turned around with urine therapy.

Using urine in this way to cure the allergy, is one form of isopathic treatment. You're using the same substance that is causing the allergy, to be reintroduced to the body to have the body manufacture its own antibody to it. If you grasp this point, you may be able to see the ability of this therapy to be used in just about any illness the body may experience.

More Electrons for Your Body

Most of the time when a measurement of any given urine sample's oxidation and reduction reading (the ORP value) is taken, it often shows the urine in a reduced state. Chemically this means that there are more electrons (the charge is reduced in the negative direction). We like to say that the flow of life moves on the flow of electrons. If there are a lot of electrons in the urine, then where are they coming from? Yep, from you. So if your papa ever said, child, you're pissing your life away--might there be more to that statement then meets the ears? Free electrons can be given to free radicals to fight oxidation so perhaps urine therapy also works along these lines. Something to think about. Or maybe it is just that things are better the second time around - they've already been processed somewhat once.

Concepts From the Isopathic Thinkers

To take this isopathic idea a bit further, let's come back to the theories of Guenther Enderlein and his biological perspective. As you'll recall, Enderlein developed remedies that were based on his observations that how we get sick is a function of the blood pH getting thrown off causing microbes in the blood to grow into pathogenicity. His biological remedies involved re-introducing the small colloids of life, or the protits, back into the body to mate with the pathogenic forms so they would de-evolve back into a non-pathogenic state. Mmm….

Now let's take this idea in relation to urine therapy and expand it to meet this biological framework. Urine therapy has been able to cure seemingly incurable disease states. Why is that? Well here's an idea. The colloids in your blood that are the protits/somatids, are very small particles. In fact they are so small as to be unfilterable by something like the kidneys. Though researchers haven't been looking, perhaps one of the invisible constituents of urine are these colloid particles that naturally just get passed through the kidneys out of the blood. When one consumes their own urine through the process of urine therapy, they are receiving a dose of these pure colloids. These biologically proceed to support the immune function, and possibly lead to taking the pathogenic microbes in the blood back down to apathogenic states. In this way, urine truly becomes the body's own perfect medicine. Now Enderlein's theories have never been proven using modern scientific procedures to verify his ideas, and at some levels has been completely dis-proven, but nevertheless people still believe them. Maybe the power of belief in this instance overcomes what factually may not be real.

Open Minds Can Open Doors

Don't take this therapy lightly. Multiple sclerosis, colitis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, hepatitis, hyperactivity, pancreatic insufficiency, psoriasis, eczema, diabetes, herpes, mononucleosis, adrenal failure, allergies and so many other ailments have been said to be relieved through use of this therapy. After you overcome your initial gag response (I know I had one), you may realize that there might just be something to this and if you are searching for health, this is an area to investigate. There are numerous reports and double blind studies which go back to the turn of the century supporting the efficacy of using urine for health.

The recurring points to all of the medical research done to date on urine indicates that it is completely sterile. If it becomes contaminated it happens after it leaves the body. Urine is a by-product of blood filtration, not waste filtration.

Urine contains compounds that are very specific to the individual from which it comes. It is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antineoplastic (anticancer), anticonvulsive, and antispasmodic. It is totally non-toxic.

With research that could fill volumes, you may be wondering why you haven't heard of this before. Well, urine is abundant (everyone has their own supply), it's free, and it can't be patented. Reasons enough?

How to Do It

Very briefly, here are two main ways that are suggested to do urine therapy. This is in no way a complete discussion of how to use the therapy, but simply an introduction.

1) Use your own urine in a homeopathic fashion.

First, collect midstream urine in a clean cup or container. This should be a clean catch, meaning the genital area (important for women in particular) has been cleaned beforehand. To 1/6 ounce of distilled water in a sterile bottle, add one drop of fresh urine. Cap and shake 50 times. Take one drop of this mix and add to another 1/6 ounce of distilled water and shake 50 times. Take one drop of this mix and add to 1/6 oz. of 80 to 90 proof vodka which acts as a preservative.

Place three drops under the tongue hourly until there is obvious improvement or temporary exacerbation of symptoms. As improvement progresses, lengthen the interval between treatments. After 3 days, suspend treatment to avoid pushing the immune system. Treatment is resumed if progress remains static or relapse occurs.

2) Begin with oral drops then increase dosage as needed.

Use fresh urine drops direct. For some cases, sub-lingual drops work well.

(Should always use fresh urine immediately upon collection. You should not boil or dilute the urine in any way. You must use it in its natural form)

Start by taking 1-5 drops of morning urine on the first day. On the second day, take 5-10 drops in the morning. On the third day, take 5-10 drops in the morning, and the same amount in the evening before you go to bed.

Once you feel accustomed to the therapy, gradually increase the amount as needed for obtaining results for your condition. As you use the therapy, you will learn to adjust the amount you need by observing your reactions to the therapy. It may be that you'll work up to actually drinking an ounce or two at a time.

Now the ladies of the oz just might not understand this, but the dudes have got to know what's up with the pinch & roll.......

Everyday when I get in my car

It's a Honda, you know

I sit on down but I don't get too far

You wanna know why?

'Cuz I've gotta reach down

And scratch an itch

In an area, an area

That's so sensitive

So I do a

[Chorus]

Pinch and Roll <i>[x2]

(Everybody do a) Pinch and Roll <i>[x2]

(If you're itchy do a) Pinch and Roll <i>[x2]

(We don't scratch, we do a) Pinch and Roll <i>[x2]

So if you've got a problem

You know what to do

Whether you're watching TV

Or sniffing airplane glue

Which we don't do

Now the girls don't know

But us guys we all know

How to do a little dance

We call the Pinch and Roll

And we do the

[Chorus]

Pick it up, pick it up, pick it up

Pinch and roll, pinch and roll

Everybody does a pinch and roll, pinch and roll

(If your in school you do a) pinch and roll, pinch and roll

(don't be a fool, you do a) pinch and roll, pinch and roll

Everybody do the pinch and roll

(Cinco de Mayo

I pinch and roll all day

I pinch and roll all night

And if I got an itch, the pinch and roll is right

To relive my little icth, we got to pinch and roll it now, i've got to fix it now

We pinch...oh yea

A ragamuffin, a blueberry muffin, my dog is named muffin, i'll butter your muffin.

Baby, maybe.

And now it's time, to pick it up

To pick it up, pick it up, pick it up

(faster) pick it up, pick it up, pick it up!)

Now if you've got a rash

Or a minor glitch (hey, hey, hey, hey)

Stick your hands on down

And give yourself a big pinch (ah!)

Then you roll it around

Around and round it goes

But after you're done

Make sure you know where it goes

Not in your nose!

[Chorus]