The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hahaha^

6. Infected

i don't drink to forget

i drink so i can suffer twice as much

cuz in this world of pain

nothing breaks the memory of your touch

what was i thinking

i should have kept drinking

to flood you face from my mind

but now it's over and i'm sober enough

to know you fucked my mind

love can seem like slow death

if it's not returned

you will feel your body and soul

start to burn with desire

and unrelenting pain

the tears they cloud my eyes

i bite my tongue till i taste my blood

so you won't hear my cries

hiding in my private darkness

i put you out of my mind

my fear of death being overcome

by my hatred for this life

People v. Jovanovic, 263 A.D.2d 182, 700 N.Y.S.2d 156 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dep't 1999), was a highly publicized criminal case in New York. In 1996, Oliver Jovanovic (born 1966) was accused of sadomasochistic torture of Jamie Rzucek, a woman whom he had met shortly before on the Internet. He was convicted in 1998 and the conviction was overturned on appeal in 1999 because parts of email messages between the two had been improperly excluded as evidence at trial. The woman declined to testify during the retrial in 2001 and the case was dropped.

In the summer of 1996, Rzucek (then a 20-year old student at Barnard College) made the acquaintance of Jovanovic (then a graduate student in microbiology at Columbia University) in an internet chat room. They exchanged several email messages and talked on the telephone. In the messages, Jovanovic mentioned Joel-Peter Witkin's photographs of corpses, and Rzucek expressed her interest in snuff films. On 22 November the two met for a dinner date and then went to Jovanovic's apartment, where they watched a Meet the Feebles video. Rzucek later alleged that then she was held there against her will for 20 hours, bound and gagged, sodomized and tortured in various ways. Jovanovic maintained that the acts were consensual. The two exchanged further emails after the event, with Rzucek describing her state at one point as "quite bruised mentally and physically, but never been so happy to be alive" and "the taste is so overpoweringly delicious, and at the same time, quite nauseating" (using a phrase from Burroughs' Naked Lunch). Shortly thereafter, Rzucek talked to family and friends about the incident, and a few weeks later, filed a complaint with the police. Police determined that the allegations did not merit charges. However, after speaking directly to Rzucek, Linda Fairstein, then head of the sex-crime division of Manhattan's District Attorney's office, decided to press charges.

After a jury trial during which Rzucek testified for six days, Jovanovic was convicted and sentenced to 15 years to life for kidnapping, sexual abuse and assault. Shortly before the jury's verdict, Jovanovic had refused a plea bargain offered by the prosecution.

Jovanovic served 20 months in prison during which a fellow prisoner slashed his throat, nearly killing Jovanovic.[1] Jovanovic was released in December 1999 when the appeals court ruled that the rape shield law had been improperly applied by the judge in charge of the case. The parts of email messages by Rzucek in which she talks about sadomasochistic interests and experiences should not have been excluded. In one such message she describes herself as a "pushy bottom" (a submissive person who pushes the dominant partner to inflict greater pain) and in another as the slave of her sadomasochistic boyfriend.[2]

The prosecution unsuccessfully appealed this decision and then again offered a plea bargain to Jovanovic, which he refused. On the eve of the retrial in October 2001, it was revealed that Rzucek was not willing to testify again, and the case was dismissed with prejudice.[3][4] Had she testified, she could have been rigorously cross-examined on the contents of her e-mails, due to the lifted restrictions of the rape shield law.

Throughout the trials, Jovanovic had benefited from an extensive and vocal network of supporters; he said that his defense cost about $500,000. After his release, he successfully completed his doctoral degree with honors.

In October 2004 he filed a civil suit against New York City, claiming that the false allegations had harmed his reputation and that prosecutors had had knowledge of previous false accusations of sexual abuse by Rzucek. The suit also named prosecutor Linda Fairstein, a millionaire from her best-selling crime novels.[5] In August 2006 a Manhattan Federal judge rejected the city's arguments seeking to dismiss the $10 million suit.[6]

Several different paraphilias are presently diagnosed in some individuals whereas a more parsimonious taxonomy would be that of one multiplex paraphilia. A multiplex paraphilia may be expressed by variations of content at different times in an individual's life or in different situations. The present case example shows the unfolding of a multiplex paraphilia over a lifetime. At age 7 the subject was dressed in public as a girl wearing a diaper as a humiliation for bed-wetting. This experience had 3 paraphilic components that were separately manifested at different times in his life: fetishistic transvestism, pedophilic incest, and infantilism. A multiplex paraphilia taxonomy may lead to improved identification of etiology, prognosis, and treatment of paraphilia.

ARGENTINE TESTICLES

In my thirties I lived in Argentina and was married to a student veterinarian. We didn’t have much money, and he happened to have discovered an easy way to make extra cash. He did castrations. He castrated anything for 15 dollars--dog, horse, cow, pig, rat, etc., etc. Inevitably, the testicles arrived in the kitchen in a limp plastic bag and usually partially covered in grass and dirt. These he used to fry up in the frying pan and season with onions and garlic for dinner. I can’t say it was my favourite dish; or even that I ever tried any species other than horse, calf, old horse, and old cow (bull). They ranged in flavor depending upon the age of the animal, which one could clearly see by the size. The easier castrations, younger and more docile animals, were tastier; but I always felt convinced that my husband preferred the more enormous testicles from older stallions and bulls as there was definitely more work involved in the castration and a greater sense of accomplishment once achieved. He’d insist on eating them always; they were never thrown away even though occasionally tough and intense in flavor. I can’t say that he ate them for reasons of machismo; it seemed to me more like a sense of thrift and even as homage to the animal; more in commiseration for its loss, than in the sense of enhancing one’s own virility.

--Liz Pitfield