The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I Am Stripper Grrl

A day in the life of this stripper. This is often a typical day when I’m working during the week. I usually work…

A day in the life of this stripper.This is often a typical day when I’m working during the week. I usually work only one night while I have my daughter with me so I don’t miss out on too much time with her.

7:30am - Wake to get my little girl ready for school.8:30am - Leave for school. Drop her off to her classroom.

9:30am - Get my acrylic nails back-filled. Maybe do a quick grocery shop and buy garbage food because I didn’t eat breakfast and I’m shopping on an empty stomach.10:30am - Return home with unhealthy food and put it away. Shower and exfoliate to remove the old fake tan that is beginning to look crappy and to prepare my skin for reapplication of a fresh fake tan.

11:00am - Put pore strips on my face and apply my fake tan while the pore strips dry.11:15am - Remove pore strips from my face. Lay a towel on the couch or bed ready to sit or lie around naked while my fake tan dries. Without the towel, the tan can transfer to and stain whatever my body touches. Prepare bottles of nail polish to paint my nails.

11:30am - Sit naked in front of the fan to help the tan dry and avoid sweating it off in the summer heat while it sets, then begin painting my nails. Apply base coat of clear nail polish and try to find something to do for at least half an hour (while the base coat dries properly) that doesn’t involve using my hands too much. Often, I’ll browse on the Internet while it’s drying as I can do so without having to use my hands all that much. As long as I don’t mind typing ridiculously slowly, I can even have a conversation online.12:00pm - Apply first coat of bright red nail polish. Curse when I stuff up and get nail polish on the edge of my finger. The bright red tends to stain skin and is very difficult to remove. Curse some more when I accidentally touch one of my freshly painted nails with a finger and end up with fingerprints on it. Try to touch up said stuffed up fingernail. Curse once more when I realise that I’m hungry and probably should have prepared food /before/ I started doing my nails.

12:15pm - Sit impatiently, listening to my stomach growl.12:30pm - Make toast in an extremely funny-looking manner since that’s about the easiest thing to prepare and eat while attempting to not touch anything. Curse at making an indent in the still soft, supposedly 50 second nail polish that /actually/ takes the better part of a day to dry hard enough to enable me to function as a real human being again. Eat toast.

1:00pm - Apply second coat of bright red nail polish. Curse when I realise that I need to go to the toilet and I probably should have done so /before/ I applied the second coat of polish. Squirm uncomfortably for half an hour.1:30pm - Go to the loo and breathe a sigh of relief. Curse when I bump a nail on the cold water tap and make another mark in stupid ‘fast drying’ nail polish. Sit/lie around for a bit longer, playing online and typing stupidly slowly.

2:00pm - Apply top coat of clear nail polish. Be quietly pleased that it mostly hides the bumps and marks made previously. Look ridiculous while trying to scratch itchy upper thigh with big toe. Get sore hands from holding iPhone in an uncomfortable position for so long. Change hand position and curse when I make a mark in the previously mirror-smooth top coat after being silly enough to change hand position.2:30pm - Get dressed and leave to pick up my daughter from school. Try to drive while holding the steering wheel with only the thumb and forefinger of each hand. Silently praise the inventor of power steering.

3:00pm - Return home and hang out with my darling girl for a while. Make her an afternoon snack.4:00pm - Try to nap on the couch. Drift in and out of sleep for about an hour as my daughter sings to herself while she plays a game despite me asking her nicely to please sing a little more quietly.

5:00pm - Wake up and curse (under my breath this time since my daughter is nearby) that I now have the weave of the couch fabric imprinted in the polish on at least two fingernails. Shower, washing off the excess fake tan, then shave my legs and underarms.5:30pm - Eat a quick afternoon snack for myself and pack some of last night’s left over dinner into a microwaveable container to take with me for dinner at work when I take a break sometime between midnight and 2:00am.

6:00pm - Brief the babysitter on dinner, homework, and tomorrow’s lunch preparation for my daughter. Kiss my beautiful little girl goodbye. Wish that I could stay at home and hang out with her instead. Leave for work.6:30pm to 8:00pm - Arrive at work. Put on my face and get ready.

8:00pm to 3:00am - Get naked as many times as possible.3:00am - Get dressed back into my street clothes and head home.

3:30am - Arrive home. Snuggle with my sleeping little girl for a precious few minutes. Wind down for a short while. Remove my makeup.4:00am - Get into bed. Sleep.

7:30am - Wake to get my little girl ready for school. Be ever-so-happy that I have a job that pays well enough so that I only have to work a few nights a week and can usually spend the rest of the week with the most beautiful little girl in the world.

via SimplyTweet

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I am a former stripper and used to do this for four years. I can give you some advice from what I've learned and experienced.

1. House Fees - Get there early, otherwise you may have to pay the club out of the money you earn. They shouldn't charge you House Fees on your first night, but apparently some clubs do. Be prepared, and just get there early. The earlier you get to the club, typically the less you have to pay. Basically house fees are paid to the club for the use of the stage. Personally, I think it's a crappy practice. They should be paying you to work there, not the other way around. It's one of the things that always used to annoy me about stripping, especially on nights where I didn't even make enough money to pay the house fee. (Which can be upwards of $60 as the night wears on. The later you pay it, the more it is.)

2. Lap Dances - You will not make a lot of money while you are dancing on the stage. So don't be disappointed. Be prepared for only a few guys to come up and tip you. Your main money will be made by giving table dances, or lap dances, to customers off the stage. Strippers earn $20 per table dance typically. Do five table dances, and you've made $100. Of course, some customers might pay you more, or even 'buy' you off the stage by ordering a bottle of champagne so you can dance for them exclusively for a time. (These guys were the ones who gave me the most money.)

3. Speaking of champagne... the club wants you to sell champagne. If you can get a customer to buy a bottle of champagne, a lot of clubs will give the waitress a cut from the sale. (Commission.) A lot of times, the waitress might share some of this commission with you. Oh, and there is no sex in the champagne room.

4. Slow Nights - Sometimes, clubs have slow nights. This is part of the business. Don't let it get you down. It can be very discouraging after a while, however, especially if you're not making enough money to make ends meet. Try not to let it get you down. Go to work anyway. A lot of girls want to skip the slow nights, but many clubs will waive house fees on these nights and you'll get the opportunities other girls are missing by skipping the slow nights.

5. Integrity - Don't be lewd, and keep your integrity. You will run into a lot of other dancers who will hump their customers during a lap dance, and some will even go so far as to sneakily do the nasty with them. Some customers do proposition the dancers, so be very careful that you don't fall into the trap of prostitution. It -does- happen in these clubs. I've seen it, and I know what I'm talking about. You'll see a lot of dancers who seem to make an inordinate amount of money. This is because they are screwing the customers on the side. Don't do it. Keep your integrity.

6. Dancing on Stage - Be creative, be fun, be sexy, and smile at the customers. Don't be afraid to make eye contact. You will get more tips if you look customers in the eye. They don't like strippers who appear aloof and cold on the stage. Be warm and friendly. That is the best advice I can give you. If you aren't comfortable dancing in the shoes, if you aren't sure what you are doing, it doesn't matter. All the club managers are looking for in an audition is: a. Does she have the guts to take her clothes off and b. do the customers like her? That's it.

7. T-backs - Be sure you wear the right kind of T-backs (thong). It must have a lining. Don't go in there wearing regular thong panties. If you don't have the right kind, the club will likely sell you some. Most clubs have a small store, or the house mom will sell you things.

8. The House Mom - Every strip club has its House Mom. The House Mom is there to help you. Don't be afraid to make friends with her. She does, however, expect tips. These tips go to helping keep her supplied. She is the one who will supply you with all those little necessities you might need, like hairspray, nail polish remover, Q-tips, tampons, tweezers, cotton balls, body spray, deodorant - you name it, if you forget it, she'll likely have it on hand. She's just like Mama in the musical Chicago. You be good to Mama, and she'll be good to you.

9. The DJ - You can request specific music from the DJ to dance to. You do not have to dance to whatever he is playing. But, be sure to tip him too. Usually the DJ expects to be tipped at least $10 from each dancer. At one of the clubs I worked at, the DJ even had a list of all the dancers and he would mark which ones paid him and which ones didn't. Be nice to the DJ. Trust me. They can be real jerks if you don't tip them.

10. The Managers - The "Managers" are also the club's bouncers. If a customer gives you trouble, don't be afraid to talk to the manager. It's very rare that anything would happen, but if something does happen, the managers are there to protect you.

11. Drinking - Try not to get drunk. The club will encourage you to sell drinks to the customers. That's part of your job as an entertainer. The customers will want to buy drinks for you too. Try not to over-do it.

12. Body Oil - DO NOT put body oil on your body. It gets on the stage, and makes it slippery, and therefore dangerous. Other dancers will not appreciate you for it.

13. Garter and Rubber Band - Keep your money close. Many strippers wear a garter and keep the money tucked into it with a rubber band. This is what I used to do. I'd recommend this method as opposed to keeping your money in a small purse (which you can lose or it can get stolen).

Source(s):

How do you get nail polish off your nipples?

(i'm allergic to nail polish remover, it really burns on my skin)

by Augie Member since:June 11, 2008Total points:4,061 (Level 4)

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

It will come off naturally within a few days as your skin regenerates itself.

...Thats a very interesting question, I might add.

Source(s):

Biology major

25% 2 Votes

Not the right answer? Try Yahoo! Search

Search Yahoo! for Search

There are currently no comments for this question.

* You must be logged into Answers to add comments. Sign in or Register.

Other Answers (7)

• by Coco Member since:July 02, 2008Total points:564 (Level 2)

Don't acetone your nipple for taking off the nail polish, it will go off naturally by taking shower, just take time for that.

Nipple might get irritated, so Be careful next time.

13% 1 Vote

[*] by grneyes8... Member since:March 18, 2007Total points:7,127 (Level 5)

I don't know how to get it off except to just let it come off naturally. BUT, I am curious as to why you have nail polish on your nipples.

13% 1 Vote

• 1 person rated this as good

[*] by Clover Member since:June 27, 2008Total points:966 (Level 2)

well if its cheap nail polish , it might flake off , or just wait a few days and it will go away ..

and again how did you get nail polish on your nipple ?! ... well i hope this helped ...

13% 1 Vote

• 1 person rated this as good

[*] by donna d Member since:December 03, 2007Total points:28,454 (Level 7)

acetone.

0% 0 Votes

[*] by D.C. Member since:September 07, 2007Total points:15,927 (Level 6)

AND JUST HOW DID IT GET ON ? AND WHY ?

13% 1 Vote

[*] by mustange... Member since:January 28, 2007Total points:104,315 (Level 7)

LMAO! I suppose you could (gently) peel it off.

13% 1 Vote

[*] by CHEEZER Member since:May 11, 2008Total points:344 (Level 2)

haha why did you do that? Are you 5 or just into kinky stuff?

13% 1 Vote

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

RE: touchy subject of nipple protection?

posted at 5/16/2007 1:39 AM CDT

c5b0d37a-c503-40b8-a540-a0fb620404ec.Small.jpg scooterj

First: 5/3/2007

Last: 4/28/2011

OK, forcast for greenbay call cool temps %3ca%20href=www.runnersworld.com/RWemoticons/clap.gif" alt="clap" width="28" height="30" /> and 30% chance of rain for this Sunday. Any recomendations for the nipple protection? I've done the bandaid thing (uncomfortable during & painful to remove). Does Body glide help?

What's worked for you?

Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring PSR Stop Ignoring PSR

posted at 5/16/2007 1:56 AM CDT

no-user-image.gif PSR

First: 9/5/2006

Last: 10/1/2007

A heavy coat of body glide has always worked well for me. I skip the bandaids. Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring happygilmore Stop Ignoring happygilmore

posted at 5/16/2007 3:18 AM CDT

no-user-image.gif happygilmore

First: 3/31/2006

Last: 8/12/2007

Body Glide and then...

NIP GUARDS

Look around for them at the expo. They work better than anything I've ever used and they come off very easily!

Good Luck Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring fraz Stop Ignoring fraz

posted at 5/16/2007 3:44 AM CDT

52e48081-a0d5-4a92-944a-d1ce19212947.Small.jpg fraz

First: 3/6/2006

Last: 5/5/2010

Bodyglide has ruined too many of my shirts. I use some heavy duty medical tape. Impossible to remove, but no bloody nipples.

Actually, I've developed a technique, you may refer to it as the "fraz nipple taping technique" if you'd like. Basically, I take the heavy duty tape, and apply a smaller piece (about nipples size) of it to the sticky side, so they stick together. I then place that portion over my nipple and use the excess to stick to my skin (not the nipple).

It "can" stay on for days if I let it, but usually, when I take a shower, it comes off rather easily.

Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring marathonteacher Stop Ignoring marathonteacher

posted at 5/16/2007 8:19 AM CDT

no-user-image.gif marathonteacher

First: 1/6/2007

Last: 4/13/2008

Hi.

One of my coworkers swears by nailpolish. Seriously, he will paint his nipples with clear nail polish...or whatever his wife has on hand. He ran a marathon in a developing country...I want to say Ecuador but don't remember...and since he couldn't find nipple guards or Body Glide, he used nail polish. I would test it out first, though.

I (am a girl) wear a sportbra but after a while I start to run the risk of chaffing, so I rub BodyGlide on the hot spots...it works fairly well. Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring Ghost70 Stop Ignoring Ghost70

posted at 5/16/2007 8:26 AM CDT

ac52db2c-6a47-4a4d-a3b0-db7a14306d0a.Small.jpg Ghost70

First: 7/5/2006

Last: 4/22/2010

I have a hairy chest so I'm not sticking anything to it that has potential to rip hair out.

Combined I've done 9 full or halfs and never had an issue with bodyglide. No nipple pain and never had a shirt ruined or even slightly discolored. I swear by it and they make travel sizes for the airport.

Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring Steve in CT Stop Ignoring Steve in CT

posted at 5/16/2007 9:19 AM CDT

bd762774-d47b-4289-acdc-c973e6637585.Small.jpg Steve in CT

First: 11/1/2004

Last: 10/1/2010

I've always had good luck with Body Glide. One word of caution - I made a mistake recently and bought what I thought was Body Glide, but it was really Body Glide's new sunscreen stick. It may be good as a sunscreen but it is not as effective as the regular Body Glide in preventing chafing.

Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring CopperRunner Stop Ignoring CopperRunner

posted at 5/16/2007 9:58 AM CDT

362f9124-24cc-4167-932d-bb72f2ffff4e.Small.jpg CopperRunner

First: 12/26/2006

Last: 2/28/2011

I always use bandaids myself and never have a problem. They may be painful to take off for you, but much less painful than not having something to protect.

I know people who use the Nip Guards and swear by them.

I would be nervous about the Glide because it could wear off. I'll be right back. I went to get another cup of coffee.

Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring Rob26.2 Stop Ignoring Rob26.2

posted at 5/16/2007 10:21 AM CDT

no-user-image.gif Rob26.2

First: 6/16/2006

Last: 3/20/2008

Use the round "spot" band-aids. A box of 50 is about $3. Just as good as nip guards and cheaper. Body glide may not last through a full marathon. Reply Reply With Quote

posted at 5/16/2007 10:29 AM CDT

Outside of the shirt issue I mentioned, I should add that Body Glide does work great.

And, in a pinch, I used chapstick at a race once. It was a race where they bus you to the start, and I left my bodyglide in the car. All I had was a little thing of chapstick, so I figured I'd give it a try. It even rained a little, and it worked fine. Did it at another marathon last year, too.

Reply Reply With Quote

posted at 5/16/2007 11:49 AM CDT

quote:

Originally posted by HervelineIL:

also in summer why would not you run shirtless?

Shirtless? And ruin my golf tan?

Honestly, though, I feel (body temp wise) cooler with a shirt then shirtless. And, I already don't sunscreen, so why give the sun more area to give me that skin cancer that I'm obviously asking for. That's going to suck

Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring hookedonmarathons Stop Ignoring hookedonmarathons

posted at 5/16/2007 12:54 PM CDT

no-user-image.gif hookedonmarathons

First: 11/27/2006

Last: 1/26/2010

A week before the race I shave my head and my chest. Problem solved. Hair grows back. Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring Race.Car.Jerry Stop Ignoring Race.Car.Jerry

posted at 5/17/2007 12:56 AM CDT

no-user-image.gif Race.Car.Jerry

First: 4/4/2007

Last: 10/23/2007

Hey Ghost,

Can you please take down or change your Avatar...I find it very disturbing and insulting to my Baltimore upbringing. LOL, I'm hoping that Alan Faneca gets traded to my beloved Ravens. By the way I'm married to a Pittsburgh girl so be nice with any replies. Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring TheBandit-rw Stop Ignoring TheBandit-rw

comment.gif RE: touchy subject of nipple protection?

posted at 5/17/2007 2:22 AM CDT

no-user-image.gif TheBandit-rw

First: 10/27/2005

Last: 4/10/2011

I just use a tegaderm that I steal from work. Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring Ghost70 Stop Ignoring Ghost70

comment.gif RE: touchy subject of nipple protection?

posted at 5/17/2007 4:30 AM CDT

ac52db2c-6a47-4a4d-a3b0-db7a14306d0a.Small.jpg Ghost70

First: 7/5/2006

Last: 4/22/2010

quote:

Originally posted by Race.Car.Jerry:

Hey Ghost,

Can you please take down or change your Avatar...I find it very disturbing and insulting to my Baltimore upbringing. LOL, I'm hoping that Alan Faneca gets traded to my beloved Ravens. By the way I'm married to a Pittsburgh girl so be nice with any replies.

Well, at least half the marrige is smart... No shame in stealing a team from another NFL city?

And the Ravnes whipped the Steelers twice last year. I was at the Christmas Eve debacle and the Steelers got manhandled. Pitiful. Can't win the division losing to Baltimore twice a season. I'd wish you good luck but it goes against my nature to do that to a BR fan. Hope you understand.

Reply Reply With Quote

This post is hidden because you are ignoring boatdriver55 Stop Ignoring boatdriver55

posted at 5/17/2007 7:32 AM CDT

052afb6e-de43-4992-84ca-83adb0c63d06.Small.gif boatdriver55

First: 3/7/2006

Last: 3/28/2011

I use Bodyglide and a lighter/tighter shirt. The only time my nips became sensitive during a race was when I was wearing a loose, heavier weave shirt. I also go with my lightest socks if rain is forcast.

did not read.

Harvey went on to suggest that modern astrophysics and evolutionary biology are without merit by saying

You can't just tell me it spun out of a gastrous [sic] ball and then all of a sudden we were evolved from monkeys. Why we still got monkeys? [sic]