The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Solipsism (play /ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/) is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. The term comes from Latin solus (alone) and ipse (self). Solipsism is an epistemological or ontological position that knowledge of anything outside one's own specific mind is unjustified. The external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist. In the history of philosophy, solipsism has served as a skeptical hypothesis.

Charles Blanc's Grammaire des arts du dessin introduced Seurat to the theories of color and vision that would inspire chromoluminarism. Blanc's work, drawing from the theories of Michel Eugène Chevreul and Eugène Delacroix, stated that optical mixing would produce more vibrant and pure colors than the traditional process of mixing pigments[4]. Mixing pigments physically is a subtractive process, with red, yellow and blue being the primary colors. On the other hand, if colored light is mixed together, an additive mixture results, a process in which the primary colors are red, green and blue. The optical mixture which characterized divisionism — the process of mixing color by juxtaposing pigments — is different from either additive or subtractive mixture, although combining colors in optical mixture functions the same way as additive mixture, i.e. the primary colors are the same[2]. In reality, Seurat's paintings did not actually achieve true optical mixing; for him, the theory was more useful for causing vibrations of color to the viewer, where contrasting colors placed near each other would intensify the relationship between the colors while preserving their singular separate identity[4].

When a noob like me has to need support for every command of putty and _lemon_ is there to help. I say chaps support matters most. I can rar/unrar zip/unzip on his server using putty. I love the seedbox and I like _lemon_ also.

maupin-420x0.jpg

Simon_Letch_OpEd-420x0.jpg

Drunk's brutal prank on dog backfires

March 18, 2011 - 11:59AM

A drunken New Zealand man who thought it would be a good prank to pull a dog's tongue has suffered serious facial injuries after the dog bit his mouth.

The 39-year-old National Park resident was partying at a friend's house on Wednesday when he grabbed the large crossbreed dog and held it down while trying to grab its tongue.

The dog managed to free itself and lunged at the man's face, biting the corners of his mouth, Constable Conrad Smith said.

Advertisement: Story continues below

The man was taken to Taumarunui Hospital and later flown to Waikato Hospital. He was in a stable condition last night, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"He had lost a lot of blood," Mr Smith said. "It is likely he will need cosmetic surgery to repair the wounds."

74924_widenative-408x264.jpg

Sydney_bus-420x0.jpg

Nuclear-420x0.jpg

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?". The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

Spaghetfast.

3083385597_9877cc500c_o.jpg

Spaghet.jpg

• Like 1