The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Raccoons will fuck you up. They are basically just little bears. The one in the video looks smaller, but they can get up to 20 pounds. Besides birds and humans they don't have predators, almost apex.

As coordinated as those two gems appear to be, a kick would result in that potentially rabid coon just climbing them with its little razor claws and eating their fat faces.

A win for humanity. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Deine Mudder said:

Let me phrase that differently: could somebody with a decent level of fitness / agility swiftly kick a racoon away or would they need to accept defeat?

I would not. They are vicious, they fuck up big dogs with minimal effort. 

But I guarantee some hillbillies have videos of them fighting them in some sort of hand to hand combat

Hillbillies also get them as pups and keep em as pets, they're smart and awesome when not wild. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

95% of the time they run away from you, they aren't seeking conflict.  That's why that video of the fatties is odd and potentially indicative of rabies. Maybe it just fell out of a tree and is shook, maybe there's a pup/s out of the cameras view that it's defending.

In my experience they are usually just live caught and released in the woods, but plenty get shot. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

12 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

Let me phrase that differently: could somebody with a decent level of fitness / agility swiftly kick a racoon away or would they need to accept defeat?

hypothetically yea but them fuckers have thumbs like monkeys so you better hope its a swift kick or else it grabs a shoelace or part of your sock 

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

On 9/30/2022 at 10:58 PM, Deine Mudder said:

We don't have racoons where I live but I wonder couldn't you just kick the thing away, like a football? 🤷‍♂️

I did some research and discovered they were introduced at some point to your country. So, you may luck out and encounter one at some point.

On 10/1/2022 at 9:41 AM, Fist 666 said:

And they are pretty much fearlessly roaming hoods at night. You'll see packs of them emptying dumpsters 

A couple months ago I watched a family of raccoons pull up on a Wendy's dumpster and ran a family of stray cats off the spot. It was wild to see that much wild life have a turf battle in real life.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 3
  • LOL! 1

40 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

A couple months ago I watched a family of raccoons pull up on a Wendy's dumpster and ran a family of stray cats off the spot. It was wild to see that much wild life have a turf battle in real life.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3