The Nonsense thread

Overtime

The owner of the salon Les Garçons Coiffeurs, in the Mile-End district, is worried about seeing more and more graffiti on the windows of his business and that of his neighbors, while the City does not have the necessary budget to compensate them.

"Isn't it the role of a municipality to take care of the urban landscape?" asks the owner of the hairdressing salon, Didier Bichon.

In an interview with Richard Martineau, Mr. Bichon told of living a real nightmare. The latter never knows when he will have to call on specialized teams to clean up the graffiti created on the window of his business.

Moreover, he does not know if the police are investigating to find the wrongdoer (s) and indicates that the City is doing absolutely nothing to help traders to counter this scourge.

“I feel like I'm on a big drifting boat with a seized fuel engine, or the captain at the helm doesn't know if it's there or if the helm is broken. Montreal is my city, but there is no attraction right now, ”says the hairdresser.

For its part, the Plateau-Mont-Royal borough ensures that it “maintains its budget for the removal of graffiti, despite the budgetary challenges in times of a pandemic”, which would be between $ 300,000 and $ 400,000.

“These actions have no place, particularly in a sensitive context for traders, and I invite witnesses to these misdeeds to denounce them by contacting the police and 311. The borough is responsible for facilitating the business recovery and we will spare no effort in this direction, ”says Mile-End District Councilor Marie Plourde.

Listen to Didier Bichon's full interview on QUB radio.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2020/11/16/actes-de-vandalisme-grandissants--la-ville-de-montreal-delaisse-les-commercants

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
11 minutes ago, ndv said:

So acetone and a rag will not remove the paint?  Why does the city have do flip the bill to do this?   Or did I just read that all wrong?  

From what I understand the city will pay but it might take them weeks if not months to get to it. I think most shop owners just do it themselves or hire some specialty service. Was more about how theyre seeing a spike in vandalism during the pandemic. I ran it through google translate but its pretty terrible. You got the gen gist of it though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kults said:

From what I understand the city will pay but it might take them weeks if not months to get to it. I think most shop owners just do it themselves or hire some specialty service. Was more about how theyre seeing a spike in vandalism during the pandemic. I ran it through google translate but its pretty terrible. You got the gen gist of it though

This story and this person crying about graffiti reminds me of like some time frame between like 99 and maybe 01 there was some lady running for mayor on the platform that she would come down mega hard on vandals. So anyway me and the boys start helping her out by painting "vote _____" everywhere. I ended up getting knocked for the shit like a total ball bag and in the weirdest twist of fate, my lawyer ended up being her husband. He thought the shit was hilarious, thanked me for free advertising and you know what? He got my charges hella reduced to a single count of 6 months of probation and he convinced the judge I was homeless and all of my court fees, resitution, and fines were eliminated. That MFer was the truth.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 3
  • LOL! 2