The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 minutes ago, Kults said:

we need a new thread: regrettable life choices 

Never really was a limbizkit fan.  I leaned way more toward 311 and similar genres at the time.  I personally thought a lot of rock music was crap for a good decade after Cobain died.  It just seemed like the music industry tried to fill a void of profit and spun off crappy bands which influenced even more crappy bands later down the road.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

Never really was a limbizkit fan.  I leaned way more toward 311 and similar genres at the time.  I personally thought a lot of rock music was crap for a good decade after Cobain died.  It just seemed like the music industry tried to fill a void of profit and spun off crappy bands which influenced even more crappy bands later down the road.  

aughts music hasn’t aged well, really forgettable decade for music. 90s was so iconic, even the teens had some bangers with a distinct style and more longevity 

• Truth 1

8 minutes ago, Kults said:

aughts music hasn’t aged well, really forgettable decade for music. 90s was so iconic, even the teens had some bangers with a distinct style and more longevity 

I stayed with metal but also ventured in to listening to jazz and electronic during that time.  Other than a few like 311 I appreciated. 

• Like 1

Just now, ndv said:

I stayed with metal but also ventured in to listening to jazz and electronic during that time.  Other than a few like 311 I appreciated. 

there was some good stuff for sure, was thinking more in terms of the lasting cultural impact or originality 

A few stand outs come

to mind later in the decade, was into Vampire Weekend, LCD sound system and Crystal Castles. Shit like that

For rap Dipset was the shit 

• Like 1

@KILZ FILLZthis is dick butt.  A local custom knife maker comes in to get his knives branded with the laser.  Years ago he introduced this figure to me because he has me laser mark dick butt in a conspicuous place for specific people. 

Anyhow, funny to see this randomly. 

20201028_172220.png

Edited by ndv
  • Like 1
  • Props 1