The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Kults said:

Was on an army coach/bus once going down a free way and all of a sudden we're flipping and bouncing around the seats. An old lady had come down the freeway on-ramp, decided she'd taken the wrong road and was doing a U-turn to go back up the on-ramp. The driver of our bus had swerved madly to miss her and was trying to keep the bus upright, which he achieved.

I feel badly for older people when they lose their independence, but folk guilty of this ^^^ kind of shit should be taken off the roads permanently. If you can't grasp the monumental idiocy of an act like this you have zero chance of ever being able to drive at a competent level.

• Truth 2
  • Props 1

13 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Was on an army coach/bus once going down a free way and all of a sudden we're flipping and bouncing around the seats. An old lady had come down the freeway on-ramp, decided she'd taken the wrong road and was doing a U-turn to go back up the on-ramp. The driver of our bus had swerved madly to miss her and was trying to keep the bus upright, which he achieved.

I feel badly for older people when they lose their independence, but folk guilty of this ^^^ kind of shit should be taken off the roads permanently. If you can't grasp the monumental idiocy of an act like this you have zero chance of ever being able to drive at a competent level.

Man you have no idea how hard I'm agreeing with you right now.  I wish they'd make people recertify for their license every 5 years or so.... or every 1 year after a certain age.  It amazes me that I (and I consider myself an excellent driver) have had my license for over half of my life and there's been absolutely 0 anything done by the driver's license department to make sure I am still capable of driving.  Like I could have smoked myself stupid on crack or something by now and they just keep reissuing my license everytime I submit for a renewal.  It's amazing really.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

32 minutes ago, Drue_Down said:

My dad has his mom’s license revoked after my sister & I said she almost killed us a dozen times during a two mile drive. In AZ, your license is valid for 40 years... fucking insane.

We had to get my grandfather's license restricted to short drives. Was the worst feeling, he was a top bloke and my best mate. I can only imagine when the people closest to you go behind your back because they think you're incompetent after being a good dad and awesome grandfather for the past X years. Breaks me up just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Fuck.

Gustave-Henri Jossot "The bottle's not important so long as it gets you drunk." From L'Assiette au Beurre, 1907.

image.png.67c2669b8ee071f387b93d1d84e8b7a2.png

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • LOL! 1