The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I mean, it seemed like there was always an "update coming" that never materialized. The site was always so new york based, but frankly, no writers outside of NYC give a fuck about NYC. I used to live on this site, and it could have stayed awesome, but it just floundered. I'd like to see it become awesome again. I'm curious to know how some of you stayed for so long. What was the draw for you?

Instagram and such ruined the graffiti culture, that is for sure.

• Like 1

Yeah, I suppose part of it for me wanting to come back is that there is a lot of history and nostalgia here for me. Meeting people here, old days where you could open up metal heads and see a new thread or 3 a day, the photography thread was fun. Never got to be a mod, but thats fine. Sometimes I want to see if I can start up and do my own content here, but I do so much with my website, I'm not sure I see a point. I'm glad to see that some of my threads have remained so big, like this one. I still use my original name for somethings online, onesecondple, if you remember.

I think the comment about the updates is more true. 12oz lost most of it's people with the password issue since they were locked out of the community for so long. Raven made a good faith effort to try to revive things some time ago but maybe should have tested out the whole system before inviting people back to something that didn't have the kinks worked out yet, so people went elsewhere. As the 12oz leader I also think he should have been more present on here doing damage control, believe that would have at least helped retain some peeps. As for me, I mainly come around for those few times where someone starts or updates a Metal Heads thread, the cynical humor on Channel 0, and the occasional thoughtful discussion that is few and far between. And... I've made a conscious decision to avoid social media.