The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Disclaimer

: if you are too sensitive to read this discussion about the Asians and the N-word as well as the multiple N-bombs in this blog post then please go to another site kthxbye.

As you can already tell by the title of this blog post and the meme picture above, I am going to discuss about Asians and the word "nigga".

It's debatable whether or not Asians can say nigga. Some people might argue that it depends on the context. Maybe its okay to say it among your black friends that are cool with it. Others might argue that it's a taboo and if you're not black you are not allowed to say it no matter what.

Well I'm not going to discuss whether or not Asians can say nigga because it's not that bad as some Asians taking this nigga thing on a totally different level.

Let's put it this way. I mean it's one thing for Asians to say nigga and it's a totally different thing for Asians to identify themselves as niggas. And I'm going to talk about the latter. Yup, there are Asians, who call themselves niggas and refer to and greet other Asians as niggas. These type of Asians do exist.

If you are black you probably fell over your chair reading this. But it's true. There are Asians who refer themselves as niggas. But this is more of an Asian-American phenomenon, especially in the inner city where these Asians have adopted hip hop style clothing and speak in ebonics on a regular basis. They do this so much to the point that they self-brainwash themselves as niggas and have nigga-like mannerisms.

Not surprisingly there are also some prominent Asian-American rappers who also call themselves niggas trying to make it in the rap game. I'm not going to name no names but, they are usual the street gangsta and hustler type rappers who actually say in their music "I'm a nigga". I literally had to rewind the song when I first heard it to see if my ears were playing tricks on me.

I think these Asians who call themselves niggas have a serious case of an identity crisis. Fortunately the numbers of Asian calling themselves niggas are not in epidemic proportions (thank god) but it's still quite disturbing. I think it's caused by listening to too music hip hop music.

I am in no way supportive of this Asian nigga movement and I think it should stop. All of y'all mother fuckers, fuck you, die slow motherfucker. My fo' fo' make sure all your kids don't grow!

- http://www.asianhiphoptimes.com/blog/asians-and-the-n-word

Saying "nigga" to your black friends on the streets is one thing but saying "nigga" openly on wax is another. Theres an Asian record label called 454 Music which is based outta San Jose Ca. They got a Vietnamese rapper named "Thai" (Thai got lyrics, dont sleep on him) and a Samoan rapper named Drew Deezy (not feeling his music, he has a weak flow), his Samoan guest rappers say "nigga" in every other verse. These dudes are still only known among their own people, Asian and Polynesian community. But if these Polynesian dudes should ever make it big and break into the mainstream, they need to drop the "n" word.

- thehoodup.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=80269