The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
please enable embedding of full size images again, this "click to enlarge" shit is annoying as hell and destroys the experience and reading fluidity of the thread(s).

I mean seriously.

Problem is that 30%+ of traffic is coming from mobile now. Those pages take a while even on desktop since all the images are coming in full res by default. On mobile its almost unusable on the more photo heavy threads.

Have you tried just enlarging and viewing as a slideshow? You can browse through all of them at a size that is actually larger than when they get posted inline, so it winds up being the best of both once you get used to the two different views.

Problem is that 30%+ of traffic is coming from mobile now. Those pages take a while even on desktop since all the images are coming in full res by default. On mobile its almost unusable on the more photo heavy threads.

FUCK MOBILE USERS.

nah I'm kidding, I actually browse the oontz on my phone frequently. What I don't like is on my computer the 12oz logo & forum links permanently stays on screen & you can't scroll past it anymore. It makes for quick access to other links to the site but it also takes up about 20% of the page.

It makes for quick access to other links to the site but it also takes up about 20% of the page.

Out of curiosity, what size display are you using? Seems these days monitors are so cheap everyone is on pretty hi-res displays unless they're on mobile. That said, even on a MacBook Air 11" I feel its still fairly decent, especially when viewing in full screen mode.

Ok, so this means the majority of traffic, close to 70% is coming from non-mobile, right.

So there's your priority.

If in this day and age an internet site with a couple of hi-res JPGs is a problem for you then good luck browsing anything.

How about JPGs are auto-resized to a max width of, say, 800px or max size of 200kb or something.

Have you tried just enlarging and viewing as a slideshow? You can browse through all of them

Yea, I actually did.

Though it's not the most important thing to have huge ass fullscreen pictures in 4K, but, as I laid out a few pages ago:

A lot of time people "reply" with a picture instead of a long sentence*, this is not really possible anymore when you always have to click on the fucking thing first.

* ..as in: a pictures says more than a 1000 words etc.

So this is how a lot of communication / dialogues work in internet forums nowadays.

It's good! It's convenient, it's fun, and it works really well.

Now if you take this away by thumbnailing any and every picture, this doesn't work any more.

Sorry to be a bore, but this stupid slideshow option is useless, as you can't see the posted pics in context with what's been said .

It destroys reading fluidity / takes away from the whole experience.

FUCK MOBILE USERS.

Haha, well yea. Not seriously "Fuck them", if they really make up 30% of traffic -

but please don't design the whole site for mobile instead for desktop (as is already the case in some ways).

Besides - what's up, don't you have 4G internet on your phones in the United States ???

I can even watch videos no problem on 3G, on my five year old phone, so why this whinig over some JPGs ?

Yea, I actually did.

Though it's not the most important thing to have huge ass fullscreen pictures in 4K, but, as I laid out a few pages ago:

A lot of time people "reply" with a picture instead of a long sentence*, this is not really possible anymore when you always have to click on the fucking thing first.

* ..as in: a pictures says more than a 1000 words etc.

So this is how a lot of communication / dialogues work in internet forums nowadays.

It's good! It's convenient, it's fun, and it works really well.

Now if you take this away by thumbnailing any and every picture, this doesn't work any more.

Sorry to be a bore, but this stupid slideshow option is useless, as you can't see the posted pics in context with what's been said .

It destroys reading fluidity / takes away from the whole experience.

Thanks for explaining it so well... I'll definitely take what you're saying into consideration, especially since this is a conversation being had with some of the team right now. Though 12oz is older than most of the internet, obviously a lot of what's being done now is new so it'll probably be a bit of an evolving process with some trial and error. Important thing is that after a long ass hiatus, 12ozProphet is back and with me focusing on this full time again and rallying up the crew, it'll be bigger and better than ever.

@Deine Mudder Thanks man! Yeah, the new website has been the largest, most complex and most ambitious project I've ever worked on. Literally took a year of planning and preparing and about a year of programming to get this site to work and all the old data manually migrated. I've worked on a lot of cool projects and even some big ones, but this one takes the cake and I'm just getting started.

Scissortongue's dope yo don't h8

I'm not buying it, in any sense. I listened to a few tracks to find out who he was, like maybe there was good shit I could get into. I don't find his rhymes clever, amusing, or really anything of interest. And dude rhymes like he's on heroin or something. It's like you'd have to smoke wax and get stuck to listen to that.

• Like 1

I'm not buying it, in any sense. I listened to a few tracks to find out who he was, like maybe there was good shit I could get into. I don't find his rhymes clever, amusing, or really anything of interest. And dude rhymes like he's on heroin or something. It's like you'd have to smoke wax and get stuck to listen to that.

I first heard of him a couple years back when i was big into uk hip hop and in darker times in life. High Focus hustles hard and i like their shit but I respect your opinion.