The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

With the songs: Sweet dreams - Be my lover - Falling in love - I love to love - You won't forget me

La Bouche (French: The Mouth) is a Eurodance/Dance-pop duo formed by Frank Farian in Germany in 1994, consisting of Melanie Thornton and Lane McCray. They scored two major worldwide hits in the mid-1990s with "Be My Lover" and "Sweet Dreams".

La Bouche's debut single "Sweet Dreams" was released in 1994 and was a pan-European and Australian hit. It was followed by "Be My Lover" in 1995, which peaked at number one in Germany and Australia, while also reaching the Top 10 in fourteen European countries. It also peaked at number 27 in 1995 and number 25 in 1996 in the UK Singles Chart when re-issued in that year.

Melanie Thornton had her first taste of American chart success as featured vocalist on the Le Click hit "Tonight Is The Night", which reached number 68 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was included on the U.S. release of La Bouche's album Sweet Dreams, which was released in 1996, and peaked at number 28 on the Billboard 200. It was certified double-platinum by the RIAA and sold over 8 million copies worldwide.

"Be My Lover" went to number 1 on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart in 1995 and climbed to number 6 on the Hot 100 in early 1996. It was then re-released in the UK and reached a new peak of number 25. It went on to win the Dishwalla award for the "Most Played Song in America", and sold 6 million copies worldwide. "Sweet Dreams" also went to number 13 in the U.S. "Fallin' In Love", a cover of the Hamilton song, and "I Love To Love" were also hit singles taken from the album.

The first single from their second album S.O.S. was called "You Won't Forget Me". Released in 1998, it reached number 48 on the Hot 100.

Towards the end of 2001, Thornton was asked to record "Wonderful Dream (Holidays Are Coming)" specially for a Coca-Cola Christmas TV commercial to be shown on German television. Whilst promoting it, and a re-release of her album Ready To Fly, she was killed in a plane crash near Zurich on November 24, 2001. After her death, the single went on to become her biggest hit, reaching number 3 on the German singles chart.