Ebay loser goes ballistic after losing in bid for matching band uniforms (seriously)

GamblersGrin

wow. (please, no band camp jokes. heh)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...erallyballistic

eBay loser goes literally ballistic

By Tinoula Awopetu, Court TV

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (Court TV) — Gerald Newburger really doesn't like losing.

A year after getting outbid at an online auction for a collection of used band uniforms, the New Orleans native traveled to New York to confront his rival bidder with a gun.

Newburger, 44, was pretty sore over losing a 480-piece collection of second-hand matching band and dance uniforms, which he had hoped to resell for a profit. Despite his loss to Robert Malinovsky of New York, who placed the winning bid of $360, Newburger resumed bidding offline.

According to Poughkeepsie prosecutor Richard Fiorile, Newburger exchanged e-mails and phone calls with Malinovsky for several months trying to convince him to sell.

After long-distance negotiating proved unsuccessful Newburger decided to try a face-to-gun approach.

Newburger allegedly broke into Malinovsky's home and threatened his wife with a gun. Malinovsky himself was not home at the time. No one was injured during the confrontation and Malinovsky's wife called police after Newburger left sans uniforms.

Officers apprehended Newburger in a taxi 30 minutes after the incident on his way back to the train station. A handgun was found in his briefcase.

Newburger, who admits to being in the Malinvosky home, denies he ever waved a gun at anyone. He claims the gun fell out of his briefcase when he reached inside it for a piece of paper.

Newburger is charged with burglary, criminal possession of a weapon, and coercion. His trial is scheduled for May 10 and he faces a mandatory term of 5-25 years in prison if found guilty.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn, he's gonna have a nice prison uniform he might be able to resell online

You just gotta imagine the bus ride to the pen

" what you in for?"

" Murder, you"

" Rape, kidnapping, and murder, hey, how bout you?"

"aight, ill tell you, but hold on to something, its rough. This guy outbid me for band uniforms, i was gonna have a marchin band renactment, so i went to his house with a gun"

Guest Deist
Originally posted by onesecondple

damn, he's gonna have a nice prison uniform he might be able to resell online

You just gotta imagine the bus ride to the pen

" what you in for?"

" Murder, you"

" Rape, kidnapping, and murder, hey, how bout you?"

"aight, ill tell you, but hold on to something, its rough. This guy outbid me for band uniforms, i was gonna have a marchin band renactment, so i went to his house with a gun"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest me IS cool
Originally posted by soulkillers

hopefully this guy doesnt breed

Chances are he already has.

On another note: I have a link to a site that makes bids for you... I don't have it here at work but if you would like I can post it later.

:king:

Archived