seeking needs a font

seeking

so ive just spent the last hour looking for a font that just seems to alude me. probably because its not a 'cool' font i suppose. anyway, i need a big frilly classic style font. you know, some olden style thing with big loops and frills an shit that come off of it. if someone can hook me up id be forever indebted.... thanks...

destructo@anticon.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Same problem here...I always search for a non fancy font that i like...I always end up using Arial or something like that.

[link]www.freefonts.com[/link]has a lot to check but i doubt you'll find anything that counts there(mostly cheezy-video game style fonts there)If you can be a little more specific on the description,i'll hook you up with something if i can find it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Damn seeking...Thats very nice.

I was searching my fonts and was about to sent you a freehand font.The one you used is way better though,mine was kinda to computerish.

that fonts called violation... i use it for a ton of stuff... it just fits so nicely. its a very distraut, sad, melancholy sort of font... reminds me of a 16 year old girl sitting in her bedroom on vicadin and vodka, smoking camel lights, listening to smashign pumpkins 'gish' sad cause her and her best friend/bisexual esperimentation friend are having problems and her parents are fighting in the next room over....

its a happy sort of font ya know...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Honestly, I think that handwritten style fits the image a lot better than a olden/scripture frilly font would've. But it also annoys me terribly when you can tell it's a computer font, since you can see both a's in "apathy" are identical... write it with a stylus yourself if possible. Nice image(s). Beer,

El Mamerro

bastard... you werent supposed to notice that! normaly i'll go back and edit each individual letter so they all look different. but since this is just for a splash page that'll get looked at for about 4 second total, i didnt feel like taking the time... but yes, i agree. i need to make my own fonts... or just start hand writing everything...

I believe you're looking for FOLKARD...

It's some company, but I forget which one.

Also try:

Fortunaschwein

Medusa

VTCGoblinghand

Viking

But FOLKARD is definately something like what you're looking for.

If you need me to I can upload it. But get at my email cause I just might never see this topic again.

bizhatezu@aol.com

i was on the www.spiewak.com site and i think a couple of their links were to free font sites...i downloaded a shitload but i cant work out how to get my computer to convert damn zipfiles...

'that fonts called violation.. its a very distraut, sad, melancholy sort of font... reminds me of a 16 year old girl sitting in her bedroom on vicadin and vodka, smoking camel lights, listening to smashign pumpkins 'gish' sad cause her and her best friend/bisexual esperimentation friend are having problems and her parents are fighting in the next room over....its a happy sort of font ya know...' - thats beautifully emotive, i thought it was just me who who had wildly detailed conceptions about menial shit like fonts and handwriting

Guest HESHIANDET

house industries has some fun fonts and clip art sets. but they're not free. oh well.

seeking, ever use fontographer? you'd like it.

------------------

stonecutters#1

_ -o

-_<,

(*)/'(*)

if you're still looking for a font, i think i have one that you may like. email me if you're interested. nice picture too... what page are you working on?

Archived