• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SilentBob

The creative, the weird, and the fucked up

Originally posted by SilentBob

This is an old cliche, but its really true

ever noticed how creative people, like good artists or poets and musicians, both now and in history, are normally totally weird or atleast don't have their shit the slightest bit together ?

There are exceptions ofcourse there always are. But the general bulk of creative people are normally if not strange, then crazy substance abusers or suicidal or deaf musicians or something along those lines.

It makes you wonder why we have a society where normal is something you want to be ... or atleast most people try to pass themselfs off as ( note this doesn't mean being Joe conservative... by normal I mean conforming with humanity ... it's a bit hard to articulate.. but it seems almost everying is fitting in with some sort of group or cultural perception) .... Its just a strange phenomenon ... It also makes you wonder if being a creative person is a good thing at all .. like if your good at writing does it mean you might be doomed to a buck wild william blake kind of existence ? ( if your a girl replace blake with uhhhhhh sylvia plath ? )

that is all ..

Yes, this subject is VERY cliche.

On another note, I think most graffiti writers, like many artists in any other genre are somewhat eccentric.

Originally posted by graf muse

There is definitley a correlation with nuttyness or "eccentricness" and creativity.

ECCENTRICITY!

I have noticed over that past couple years that writers are always strange in some way. im sure theres exeptions, but almost everybody i know who writes has got an oddity, no matter how large or small.

for instance, PMB posted this in another thread

http://www.hardvice.net/images/jesusandspiderman.jpg'>

nbow, keep in mind that i dont know PMB but come'on, this is some weard shit.

funny though.

Normally, I would argue such claims. I think reports and or statistics are less viable than most people think.

Though, I said... normally.

About ten years ago I read through this book entitled The Secret Languages of Birthdays. For everyday of the year it had two pages of deep spiritual meaning, or so some would think. Sort of a detailed horoscope for that day. It also lists famous people born on that day. So naturally, I looked up my birthday. Come to find out that there were a lot of famous artistic people born on the same day. The majority of which commited suicide. A few others had become so eccentric in the later parts of their lives that they dropped off into obscurity.

So, I got that going for me... which is nice.

Originally posted by Joker

About ten years ago I read through this book entitled The Secret Languages of Birthdays. For everyday of the year it had two pages of deep spiritual meaning, or so some would think. Sort of a detailed horoscope for that day. It also lists famous people born on that day. So naturally, I looked up my birthday. Come to find out that there were a lot of famous artistic people born on the same day. The majority of which commited suicide. A few others had become so eccentric in the later parts of their lives that they dropped off into obscurity.

I got that book, it's an interesting read-- very insightful.

I was born on THE DAY OF CURIOSITY.

Normally, I would argue such claims. I think reports and or statistics are less viable than most people think.

Though, I said... normally.

Just rememeber that Fate is in oppposition to Free Will.

being weird is the norm nowadays.

These meds for like ADD ADHD and such are bull shit, ive taken pretty much everyone of them, all it does it make your eating cycles wierd. people actually ask me to sell them aderall (for ADHD) so they can lose weight

I dont know how large your dosage is for aderall but I know a 80mg pill will hit you like cocaine if you dont have adhd and arent that big. After about 3 hours of being on it you'll start throwing up and not want to eat for two or three days, I wouldnt sell them off if there that big of a dosage.

Sweet-I thinkK Seeking used that quote too once...I think it is safe to say that is the greatest quote one can ever use in a sentence.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this