the radiohead topic

Guest beardo

Guest serpent of the light

i listen to neither tool nor radiohead, i appreciate both. i am not a sped ed, i have a 3.878 gpa.

my point remains, the primary listeners to radiohead are dumb bastards, of course i suppose this can be blamed on the media and marketing. not as if it matters though, i'll take judas priest ANYDAY (as long as its w/ rob and not 'the ripper')

xxx303

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

youre an idiot.....and im even more of one for wasting my time with you....

....4 more days until i might be wrong....wooooo-fucking-hooooo.....

phatty beards any word on a copy of that medeski yet....yeah i know im being a little quick on the draw....i cant get that show outta me head dood....r

OMG! I just got I Might Be Wrong. It's sweet. There is no booklet with the cd, but the recording sounds great.

And beardo, I work at an FYE and I've seen that Radiohead cover album. I'm going to play it the next time I work which is Sunday. I'll get back to you on how it sounds...

Originally posted by serpent of the light

i listen to neither tool nor radiohead, i appreciate both. i am not a sped ed, i have a 3.878 gpa.

my point remains, the primary listeners to radiohead are dumb bastards, of course i suppose this can be blamed on the media and marketing. not as if it matters though, i'll take judas priest ANYDAY (as long as its w/ rob and not 'the ripper')

xxx303

hey, jackoff, get your head out of high school. first of all, have you ever listened/experienced/witnessed the complexity of radiohead's music AND the visual work that coincides with it? truly? it's one thing to not be a fan, and another to be some label tossing, cool crowd pleasing, airheaded snob. sorry, bro, but i enjoy a little more substance with my flavor so take your loser-status-dodging, spineless bullshit elsewhere. and unless you're of ian mackaye and minor threat's generation of DC hardcore kids then you can fuck off with your SXE label wearing bullshit too. cripes.

p.s. beardo, when's my copy coming?

....spinning plates live is the fucking SHIT!!!!!....oh man i cant wait to snack on that "hershey bar"!!!!...hahahahaha....i got my girls place to myslef tonight and im put some candles on, bust out my sketch book, put the volume on high, and just go bezerk....smoking and drinking included, ah but ofcourse.....hehehehe...boy how the time flies....update later....r

another fantastic radiohead cd. i'm green about your plans roe.. i've been listening all night, but doing C++ instead of sketching and drinkin and smokin. at least the cd makes doing this work bearable. anybody know why they got rid of the keyboards in true love waits?? i loved them

...okay so i goto get my copy yesterday, wander up to the counter, request one copy with a twinkle in my eye and shit grin on my face...she gladly hands it to me and i just hold it in my hands for a brief moment, reach for my atm card...and then like that, wham! my hopes dashed on the rocks, i left my atm card at home....aaaaarrrrggghhh!...so ofcourse i did more smoking and drinking, ofcourse not much considering i broke my girls glass piece after the first session! super! okay so take two today, hopefully will have better results....the card is in the pocket, i checked like 3 times this morning...anyhows, so i hope all you bastards are enjoying your spinning plates and true love waits....glue what the hell is C++, i wasnt sure if you were talking about coke or school work...ive nver heard the keys on TLW, i heard it live only once and it was just thom on guitar...ofcourse ill have to fucking wait till tomorrow to tell ya what i think...did you guys know that spinning plates is actually an old radiohead song they never released song backwards...thom learned how to sing it backwards just for the song....a little factoid from the paranoid....rOe

edit cause i left everything out from an to it....jesus.....

im sorry dude, but thats some funny shit! better luck today

i read somewhere about that backwards thing.. hot ta fresh. its too short though. needs a long outgoing piano solo.

ah shit dude, no radiohead and broken glass.. that's shitty man. C++ is a programming language class i'm failing miserably this semester, so no, i wasn't doing coke last night. and you gotta hear TLW with keyboards.. it's these floaty keyboards johnny starts playing around the middle.. incredibly beautiful. i thought it really made the song. i'll burn it for you sometime along with some other stuff i got. and i agree with beardo that like spinning plates should be longer.. i just can't get enough of that. i want one of those real time samplers they use on everything in its right place.. i'd probably drop out of school cause i'd always be fucking around with that thing though.

when i was a kid i had this crappy boombox that always ate my cassette tapes and made some of them play backwards. at one point, i got really into hearing certain songs backwards, moreso than i did normally. well, that's why Like Spinning Plates has BEEN and will be, my favorite amnesiac cut. i've heard the live version, and its awesome as well...in its own way. but nothing beats nostalgia.

nothing beats having something sound so completely wrong and so completely beautiful at the same time. the battle between beast and beauty, dischord and harmony.

and this just feels like spinnnnnnnnnnnning plaaaaaates.

...okay round two was a success!!!...i proudly whipped out my atm, although my fingers were crossed that i had enuff moolah...anyone else feel like they hit the lotto everytime their atm card works?....anyway went to a headshop today too and i found a dope piece for my girl that is much nicer then the one i broke...shes in cali right now, so itll lessen the blow...anywhows i git her place to myself, so im heading over now and gonna practice the letters and just leave it on repeat...anyways can i just speak on design for a sec, and how much i love their cd and poster designs...i dunno what it is, but im just completed moved by it...i dunno their artwork just so looks like their sound....i love it...gotta find out who does it...it might even be them...anyways like i said my comments tomorrow...when i saw spinning plates live it had a long intro, and thom actually fucked up on it...he had a hard time finding his in route...was kinda funny cause they had the big screen on him and he was mouthing fuck fuck fuck....hahahaha....bless that black midnight grand piano....

"i just can't get enough of that. i want one of those real time samplers they use on everything in its right place"-glue

glue my boy just got a koas pad a couple of weeks ago, its what johnny plays on that song, and well its fucking sick...hours of fun....complete manipulation of sounds...so fresh....working on those cds dood, bare with me...

"nothing beats having something sound so completely wrong and so completely beautiful at the same time. the battle between beast and beauty, dischord and harmony. "

...i just wanted everyone to read that again....i completely agree choke, well said....

you can keep the furniture, a bump on the head...rOe

Originally posted by and now you choke

hey, jackoff, get your head out of high school. first of all, have you ever listened/experienced/witnessed the complexity of radiohead's music AND the visual work that coincides with it? truly? it's one thing to not be a fan, and another to be some label tossing, cool crowd pleasing, airheaded snob. sorry, bro, but i enjoy a little more substance with my flavor so take your loser-status-dodging, spineless bullshit elsewhere. and unless you're of ian mackaye and minor threat's generation of DC hardcore kids then you can fuck off with your SXE label wearing bullshit too. cripes.

aaaaahahaha. get my head out of hs? why? i love to learn. eat it

yes, i have experienced radioheads 'complexity' but when i take them and compare it w/ dark tranquility, i dont consider it complex. i do like their art though.

i'm not a crowd pleaser, if i were i wouldnt be edge, a writer, or get in people's faces about war and other seroius bs. i'm not a snob either.

spineless? alright, i dont know where that came from.

so if i was born late i can't appreciate a movement that is fucking powerful and positive? fuck you dude. sXe is far more than any label. this aluminum object is cylindrical w/ opposite ends being concave and convex and the convex end has a smaller plastic cylinder sticking from it. i could go throught that description or i could call it a can of spray paint. i am free of all drugs and i abstain from promiscuous activities, or you could call me sxe. i simply am straight edge, why bother to say otherwise?

you're post was as idiotic and contained as much 'spineless bullshit' as anything i've ever read, including my previous, sarcastic, post. pull the can from your ass dude.

xxx303

after that paragraph of drivel youre actually going to talk shit about "intellectual" kids? check yourself homie.

i think you need to examine why you ever posted in this thread in the first place.

i was originally going to say that i was walking into the little record store accross the street earlier, and was greeted by the intro to spinning plates at full volume.

i think how to dissapear is still in the #1 spot though.

i've nothing against intellectuals. i posted in this thread to see if anyone else agreed that the primary audience of radiohead are kids who claim to be these bright, "intellectual" kids, while many of their listeners are deep and rad kids, the majority of those i've talked to are dumber than i pose myself to be. i suppose this is true w/ any band with a following.

i don't claim intellectuallity, but i'm not a stupid person. stop getting butt hurt about my posts on idiocy

xxx303

...blah blah blah dood....go away detuned radio....

anyways, okay so after listening to the cd pretty much nonstop for the weekend, what else can i add to what already been said....

thoms vocal on spinning plates (SICK SICK SICK) true love waits-silencing...glue i heard the keys version and i think the solo version with him is slightly better...that song kills me

eds backup vocals on dollars and cents

jonny on the goddam kaos pad and a brief lick in morning bell, that is just classic greenwood guitar

phil-idioteque, thats all i gotta say

colin, the baseline in everything in its place is soooooo smooth.....

anyways those are some of the aspects that hit me...um but like its been said they continue to blow my mind....those guys push music as all artists should push their art and all people should push their lives...have a good monday.....

working in the realm of dollars and cents....r

Archived