AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

I share a big loft with two people. We started building the place together, improving it and making our rooms, a bar and some other shit. Than I hated them. Than they were forced to build my room so that they didn't have to look at me in my boxers or listen to me snore or be embarassed when they had people over. Lofts are stupid unless you own it, do you? My floor is the original from when my building was a factory. The floors are wood tiles - wood beams cut to 1/2 inch thick tiles - which are strong as shit, are cool looking, and muffle noise.

Originally posted by Telo

get some weird tile pathway running through the middle of my floor.

funny, this is exactly what i was going to suggest. it might look dope if there is a hallway attached to the room, and the tile shit/weird arty whatever thing you do is the floor in the hall and extends through your living room all the way across, or maybe in some kind of pattern. i don't know, i'm not a design kind of guy, but i'm all about jerry-rigging shit to look cool when you run out of materials.

Originally posted by KING BLING

I share a big loft with two people. We started building the place together, improving it and making our rooms, a bar and some other shit. Than I hated them. Than they were forced to build my room so that they didn't have to look at me in my boxers or listen to me snore or be embarassed when they had people over. Lofts are stupid unless you own it, do you? My floor is the original from when my building was a factory. The floors are wood tiles - wood beams cut to 1/2 inch thick tiles - which are strong as shit, are cool looking, and muffle noise.

Yeha i own it.. I am basically just fixing it up for the next couple years and going to sell it..

Using Timber Lay or Quiet Walk as an underlay is a good move. Try some different manufacturers such as Parador, Van Gough or Cezanne which are also from Germany. They might produce similiar or same wood. Van Gough and Cezanne produce a "knock and lock" sysetm which requires no glueing, but from what ive been told at work, the shit is hard to lay. They also make just a plain board, which will require glue.

that sucks buddy, i think the company will help you out some way.

i used the unfinished, regular kind of wood flooring, and rented the damn compressor stapler... that sucked. the worst is having to sand it down 2x and putting 2 coats of polyeurethane and sanding in between. that's beside the point, you picked an easier way.

my friend picked up tile from Home depot for a job, used it up and had to go back, he picked up the same product and installed the rest of it, only to realize when they were done that the tile had a slightly different sheen, and half the room was with different tile. the product had the same sku # and name, it was just a different lot. they had to go back rip everything up and put the new stuff down. i don't know if the company ever reimbursed them for the materials and time.. but lesson is, don't buy shit from Home Depot or check that stuff very well. they have crap materials anyway.

ok well good luck i'm sure they can find the old product somewhere, and maybe they'll even give you a discount on the discontinued goods and for your hassle.

good luck

THE TABLES HAVE NOW DONE A COMPLETE 180.

So as i wake up this morning I grab a hot steamy cup of coffee and start sifting through my emails only to find an email from the manufacturer KRONOTEX!!! WOOO HOO!!

Apparently, kronotex just changed there name from something different (maybe snap lock). And they still have products floating around society. The product that i need is actually still in some stores under a different name. So this means that Lowes has what im looking for. And if they dont, i found out that Kronotex has a main building not 45 minutes from my house. DOUBLE WHAMMIE!!

I cant tell you people how good i feel about this.

I a-credit all of you guys. You stuck with me from the highs to the lows throughout this very dramatic series of events in my life. I love you all..

KRIE: Yes underlayment is great. If you dont put it down, it will be like walking on ehhhh i guess you could compare it to hot coals.

UBEJINXED:

but lesson is, don't buy shit from Home Depot or check that stuff very well. they have crap materials anyway

smartest thing on this thread. I could tell you shit about their products that no one knows about except their competitors, who just happens to be me.

I love you all.... Time ot go grab some lunch.

PS>> NEVER SHOP AT HOME DEPOT>> ALWAYS GO TO LOCAL MOM AND POP PLACES>> BUT IF THEY ARE OUT OF YOUR PRICE RANGE AND DONT HAVE WHAT YOU NEED, GO TO LOWES>>LOWES LOWES LOWES

I REPEAT>>> NO HOME DEPOT!!!

Originally posted by ARCEL

is there a reason for that?

Yes there is...

For instance.. Their cabinets claim to be pure wood, when in fact they have wood covering and shitty ass recycled chipped wood interior.

Their employees are dropouts and retards that couldnt tell you the difference between a 7 1/4 circular saw and a 5 pound box of 16d common nails.

their employees are for the most part idiots... i went to one home depot however where they were very helpful and knowledgable, but this is the exception.

also i remember having to dig through much wood to even find a mildly straight 2x2.

the thing that sucks is they are everywhere and it's so easy to just go there when you have multiple things to pick up.

that's good news about the flooring Telo.

next floor i do i'm getting the prefinished stuff.

Yeah i like how the floor is turning out..

Now on to the next project. Can someone give some hints on laying tile?? whats the easiest way to cut it? etc etc..

This is one department im not to clear about.. i know the basics but not everything.

PS>> Small bathroom floor.. No wall tile.

there are those little plastic spacer things that help with keeping the tile straight. don't put the laying down, put them with the top part sticking out the top or they'll get stuck..

the thing that fucked me up was putting the tile down on the backer board with the first layer of cement then i didn't go back and clean out the excess cement and when it came to putting the grout in i had to scrape out the cement, very tedious.

also when you are done with the grout make sure to wipe any excess of the tile face or will be a bitch to get off later.

i guess just make sure everything is smooth while the cement and grout are wet...

you can also get your tile precut at the store if you have a plan.

Originally posted by Telo

Yes there is...

For instance.. Their cabinets claim to be pure wood, when in fact they have wood covering and shitty ass recycled chipped wood interior.

Their employees are dropouts and retards that couldnt tell you the difference between a 7 1/4 circular saw and a 5 pound box of 16d common nails.

Hahaha. I stopped going to the depot when i asked one of the guys where their nail sets were and he took me to the nails, looked all proud and then left.:lol:

Originally posted by mr.yuck

Hahaha. I stopped going to the depot when i asked one of the guys where their nail sets were and he took me to the nails, looked all proud and then left.:lol:

hahaha....

EDIT** thats the type of shit im talking about.. They cant even tell you where common basic shit is liek ducttape.. every employee points you in a different direction.

Archived