BORE HOD-SMS-WOW

HAMMERFALL

i just read through here and realized i hadn't paid my respects in this thread ever, which i thought i did way back in the begining.

by the time travis passed away i hadn't seen or spoke to him for a while because people get older he moved other places i moved other places and so on.

see travis and i first had static in the begining, not really graff related just clashing ego's but after time i grew to respect him for actually being down, and in portland, especially the graff scene that is far and few between. everyone knows he was down for graff, but i mean he was down for his shit as well and never backed down to me which i liked and in turn respected. luckily we got to know eachother and squash the supposed beef we had with eachother which was actually other people's problems that we took on because we were the only two that were down for shit, point blank.

we ended up partying together for a while usually robbing portland nerd house party's or writing on people's bathrooms stealing beer same ol' bullshit.

travis and i eventually did one of the dumber things iv'e still done to this day in my graff career together, one night after a party that the cops broke up we decided to go do this freeway spot i knew about, so we jumped in my car and on the way to do it he convinced me that instead of the freeway spot we should go to the "hardest spot portland has ever seen" (as he put it) once he told me the spot i thought he was joking but he was dead serious, so we were both close to falldown drunk at that time and figured, fuck it, why not. of course when you are doing the middle of a double decker bridge that goes over the river there is no parking so we parked crazy far away and just walked and kinda ran down the freeway up onto the bridge once i started to realize the spot he was reffering to i was kinda like, wait...where the hell can you see this from???? he assured me oh no you can see it when you go over the blankity blank bridge, and that he has been scoping it forever but never thought anyone was down to do it... so we climb down from the top level of the bridge onto the ledge which was above the the second level fence that was there to keep cars from falling off the edge of the bridge into the river far far below. first off we were way to drunk to be up there because about halfway through we both started throwing up off the ledge into the river below which isnt a good look when you are doing bridge ledges.. none the less we ended up pulling the whole damn thing off (amazingly) and even more amazingly getting back up top and running back down the freeway without gettin caught up. So for just pulling off this ridiculous spot we were mega pumped up thinking "now that's portland infamy"... well that feeling only lasted for us until the next afternoon when i finally woke up and drove over there to see it only to find out that nobody could fuckin see it... the thing is this spot was so just to dumb to do. now if you knew it was there when you were driving on the bottom level you could turn around when the bridge curved and see it but only people that 1 drove and 2 new about it would see it. portland writers especially around that time didnt drive much. so it was kinda a waste, but we had a blast doing it and for that night we thought we really did it. that mission was worth a hundred other bullshit missions and i wish i could laugh it up with him about it right now.

Rest In Paradise Young Bore One.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we never were the closest simply because this you scared the shit out of me with how reckless you were. I remember walking by you in jail downtown and you getting in trouble for waving, goofing off. You kicked me off because i didnt want to get caught up with what i thought was negativity and the fear of it invading my life. The one thing i've learned from you is that life is really fucking short, let no outside influence take action against yourself. I never really hit the streets and you'd clown me for painting 7day 100color gay pieces. Now, when I walk around downtown, or enter into the city each time strapped with a full bag, i feel your spirit in the wind. Sorry i talked shit back to you the last we talked. I'm a loose cannon like many people think, i didnt mean half the shit i said. Every full night I stay out, or can i rack, or street i sleep on is for fools like you. Soldiers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THIS WAS TAKEN FROM AN INTERVIEW:

JPT: For those who don't know who "Bore" was, educate them.

MING: there's not enough room to "fully"

answer this one but i'll try? basically even

if he didn't pass away i would still say this:

he was the absolute true meaning of a fucking writer,

i mean like him and spoil were rocking the first hod prod in prankland,

and there roller broke so bore

searched for a paper bag and dipped it

in the black for there background.

running out of paint/ink on missions never stopped him,

a rock on the ground would tell him it was time to etch

on painted brick and bus stops.

his very first tag was "MORK"- "strictly buisness" was his first crew.

his main partner was and still is detr,

they both fueled eachother over the years,

inside and outside of graff. spoil put bore on sms ,

telling me "i met this cool dude at a party

and he said he wrote" soon after i put detr on.

bore was tough when he had to be, and family when he had to be family.

not just a “Portland� legend.

• 4 weeks later...

IM JEALOUS OF THE STYLES BORE

WOULD HAVE REVEALED IN 2006,

WITHOUT BITING WHATSOEVER.

IF YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT,

BORE HELPS KEEP THOSE WHO KNEW HIM,

MOTIVATED AND ALIVE EVEN IN HIS PASSING.

AN INSPIRATION FROM EITHER SIDE OF LIFE.

IN TIMES OF DEPRESSION, YOUR MEMORY

ALWAYS MAKES ME REMEMBER YOUR WORDS:

"DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF"

MORK-CREEP-HOBO STAR-IGLOO-SHOVE- BORE

YOU WERE, AND ARE ALL OF THESE.

YOU ALWAYS STAYED HUNGRY FOR MORE AND BETTER.

I WISH SOME OF US COULD HAVE KEPT UP.

2 HOURS TILL 2006, ,,,, , THANK YOU FOR BEING

THERE FOR ALL OF US, I KNOW YOU'LL NEVER STOP.

WHEN IT HITS 12:00 IM GONNA IMAGINE YOU

BULLYING SAM FOR THE LAST BEER.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Travis was an AMAZING sign maker he worked harder than everyone and had more pride in his signs than anyone... Everyday I think about when we used to work at Gresham Signs togethar and he taught me all about laying vynil, He was managing his own shop at 18.. We would turn the air purifier on and smoke weed right in the shop... One time his sign shop got broke into at night and we found it the next morning... A couple times in like '94 we just didn't even go to work we got his datsun 310 running and went snowboarding all day and slapped stickers on the back of the lift chairs at timberline lodge and the last time I was there in I saw a couple still running! But usually we would go skate all over town from Rockwood to Downtown catchin tags after work... I'm just startin my day at work and was thinkin about how fortunate I am to have learned what I have from Travis. I fuckin miss you, Lary.

I NEED 3 2'X3' BLUE PVC WHITE OVERLAY DOUBLE SIDE ASAP THE CUSTYS WAITIN!

HAND OF DOOM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WHAT WHAT THE FUCK, im from vancouver wa, bore was like one of my heros, i didnt even know that he was gone, man...everyday i drive home from longview and off the freeway there is a big hay silo and its got a BORE and DIAR hit on it...shit, i remember going to ming's wall and seeing a bore piece next to bruiser...shit, i was like man, those guys are ill. Im glad i brought my camera today, im gonna get a picture of it up asap. Man...any cats around the portland metro area pm me...

RIP Bore...local king and crazy bomber....shit...im depressed now

• 1 month later...

Archived