What Book Are You Reading? Pt. 11

Weapon X

if you ever wanna geek out (geek NOT nerd), you should read The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's an extremely well written fantasy novel. It's on book 10 or some shit. And by fantasy, I do mean magic and swords and shit, but not your average bullshit fantasy ad&d garbage by far. Full of politics, intense fighting, wars, assassinations, all kinds of awesome shit. Highly recommended.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by onesecondple

kickin it up there with a hard book like to kill a mockin bird? im playin, thats a really good book

im readin "shes come undone" by wally lamb

get to the fat lesbian sex scence yet? or the fact that she stalks Dante?

its a really good book.. but very much a "girl" book i found.. uhm if you like this one and you're in for a big read pick up wally lambs other book "i know this much is true" 900 fucking pages but def a good 'un

just finished "wuthering heights" by emily bronte.. iunno i felt like reading a "classic" lately

and for my english class we're reading "heart of darkness"

so far so good

recommended

The Beach by Alex Garland

Tesserect by Alex Garland

Fools Die by Mario Puzo

Filth by Irvine Welsh

White Oleander by Janet Finch

THE BEACH IS MY FAVORITE BOOK HANDS DOWN.. read it maybe 10 times in the last 3 years

Originally posted by sarahyoulose

Fools Die by Mario Puzo

I’ve read a number of Mario Puzo’s (actually, more like 5 or so, maybe) but I don’t recall Fools Die. Which one is that? The one about the US Presidency?

Originally posted by Weapon X

I’ve read a number of Mario Puzo’s (actually, more like 5 or so, maybe) but I don’t recall Fools Die. Which one is that? The one about the US Presidency?

if my memory serves me correct its one of the only mario puzo books that aren't "mob based" its about 4 people in Las Vegas and their individual stories of degenerate gambling....

the main character is a writer and then he becomes famous, "movie writer.."

i think this is it... its a good one tho

LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE

rereading this shit loving it, a must for any one and everyone into hip hop or house music or anyone just interested. this will probally bring me to reread GENERATION ECSTASY which despite its name is a damn good book about the development of the rave scene.

I Just finished reading FREE AGENTS: A HISTORY OF DC GRAFFITI. although i usually dont buy books or magazines on graffiti, this book is not only a good read with tons of nasty pics, the stories in here are fucking hilarious, fuck BOMB THE SHITSTEM, someone needs to make this book into a movie...mad comedy

anyone ever heard of a book called DARK? its about a dude from shaw in DC who kills someone in self defence and ends up going through hell, running from the cops and himself. i read it in jail when i was a kid in like a few days. its a quik read, but it is soooo good. but i can't remember the name of the author and couldn't find it on any website. holler at me if you know.

oh yeah... and "THE CAGED OWL"

by gregory orr, collection of poems and extreamly facinating. also read "THE DAMNATION OF THERON WARE" and hated it....THE WHORES CHILD is also a good read for me recently.

I just finished reading the entire Sandman graphic novel series. Some of the best writing I've ever read.

Read American Gods, also by Neil Gaiman, last week. It was really good, reminded me of earlier Steven King without the gore and a little less heavy with the description. But the flow of the story was very similiar, which for me was a good thing.

I'm still tearing through Simulacra and Simulation by Baudrillard after a month. It's good stuff but very heavily worded and philosophical. One page takes me so much longer to read than in any other book. And it's really hard to get motivated to read it when the latest X-Men comic is laying around.

Archived