I need some sounds advice dawg yo.

Telo

So heres the situation.

I have a room that is roughly30x20 and i want to install some small speakers in each corner near the ceiling. I also want it to be controlled from ye ol' PC. The ceiling is A-frame but i want them to be installed where the wall turns into the A shaped roof.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look into or can you offer any advice on some reasonably priced shit that will look good/sound good/and make my guests go: "Wow man, Thats really Cool!" I know that it needs to be amplified so do you know any good setups/packages or combined shit?

yes yes..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've got my laptop wired through the headphones

jack to my Kenwood reciever which is wired to

two 8" Bose speakers mounter in the far corners

of the room. The TV, Gamecube, PS2 and 5-disc

are all wired to the reciever, too.

The shelves are just triangles I cut custom to

fit the speakers and comfortably into the corners

and mounted into the shitty plaster walls. You

can do all of this for the cost of a reciever, RCA

cables, scrap wood and 2 40's of Milwaukee's Beast.

the problem is that finding any powered monitors that are cheap is going to be a bit hard. given that you want to buy them brand new

assuming this is for watching movies or the likes from your bed/couch

you wanna get four of these:

they're the cheapest (decent) powered monitors you'll find

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/60/603277.jpg'>

mount two caddy-corner on the wall facing you, angling down. and then two facing directly down onto the bed.

it IS a little pricey ... the set i have are almost double the cost of these, though i use mine for work ... not just personal listening pleasure. but trust, these won't make your guests say "wow, that's really cool" as much as it they will say "jesus fucking christ, nice set up"

they're powered and are meant to be run into a pc/mac. the upside to getting one these is that you won't have to worry about a seperate bass controler, as they have active bass responce (they're studio monitors)

alternatively:

you can get a home theater system from any walmart/bestbuy/circuit city for cheap ... make sure it has a digital out, this way you can run the amp/console itself into your pc and control it from there.

you can get a system with 5 speakers and a sub for around 2bills ... only problem with that is you have to know wether your soundcard will be able to transfer the audio to the console well enough without losing any quality

what's your budget? let me know that and what you want the setup for etc. and i'll def. be able to point you in a better direction

Archived