Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CAPiTA

Disc Golf

Frolfing = my new obsession

This sport is so awesomely sweet and I'm sure a bunch of you play it. It seems like it would be a very popular pastime in the 12oz community. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past couple of years, (below info taken from disclife.com)

Disc golf is a lot like traditional "ball" golf, except players use specially made plastic flying discs instead of balls and clubs, and throw them for 'par' at an above-ground target instead of a hole in the ground. There are different types of discs used for different purposes, much like ball golfers use different clubs.

The object of the game is to throw a golf disc into the target, typically a "Pole Hole®" basket (a steel basket over which chains hang), in the fewest number of throws. The player begins by 'driving' from a designated tee area and continues toward the target, throwing each consecutive shot from the spot where the previous throw has landed. Finally, a successful 'putt' sends the disc into the target. The most satisfying sound a disc golfer can hear is the 'ching!' of a disc crashing the chains before dropping into the basket.

Most disc golf courses consist of 18 or 24 holes, and you'll find some nine-hole courses too. Holes lengths vary, but generally fall between 150 and 500 feet each. Trees, shrubbery, water and terrain changes offer plenty of hazards to avoid, and it becomes very possible to lose a disc in areas with thick growth, tall trees or deep water. Fortunately, discs retail between $7 and $12.

http://www.provo.org/parks/Parks/Disc_Golf/Course/Photo_4x_scenic__9_large.jpg'>

^Basket (your objective)^

http://www.disclife.com/imgs/discs2.jpg'>

^Putter, Mid-range, and Driver (top to bottom)^

http://www.discgolf.ca/disc%20golf%20canada.jpg'>

^The definition of Disc Golf champion^

So, who plays? Where do you play? What [disks] do you play with?

WARNING WARNING:

NOW ENTERING A HIPPIE OCCUPIED ZONE.

i played for the first time the other day, it was pretty fun despite the fact that i was using someone elses putter the whole time. Chances are i will play a bit this summer since we have a handful of nice courses around here and its pretty laid back and fun to do.

Guest westy

Frolfing is a decent time, I did a whole bunch last summer.

dude, i totally saw that episode of mtv sports. oh. my. god.

actually, frisbee golf is way fun, especially when played as a drinking game.

my friends recently started playing this and now i cant get them to do anything

no skatin, no paintin, they wont even go to the bench with me anymore

shits worse then crack i swear

Originally posted by onesecondple

shits so much fun, i love playin, but no one will play with me.........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friends and I growing up used to play this, and we also played off the roof, over the wire, over the light with those madball things, the foam balls with the faces on them.

I used to play all over Chicago Area and S. Wisconsin.

I lived right down the block from the best course in PHX area, but I just moved. Hopefully I still play as much. (I'll have to drive, which = less beers now)

My problem isn't cold weather, it's the heat.

Try playing a desert course on a rocky foot hill when it is 115 degrees. I gotta get on the course at 6am to not die.

ive thought about making this thread. but i mean, what is there really to talk about.

Is this similar to Ultimate Frisbee?

Other than hippies/trustafarians playing... nothing.

It is like golf, but measured in feet instead of yards.

Disc golf hole is about 3-400 feet.

Golf hole is about 3-400 yards.

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now