Disc Golf

CAPiTA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive thought about making this thread. but i mean, what is there really to talk about.

You could talk about the course you have travelled to play.. i am psyched to post up the ladies that have been hittin the course,, lot more heads out at the course in the last couple years... you could chat about an Acer.. long ass putts... i dunno new products or ones you prefer.. disc you dyed yourself... what plastic is in your bag... you could post the smelly, flip flop hippie you always see at the course, or that old guy with jean shorts that scares you.. or the fat guy that plays with his shirt off and has bigger tits than he should...etc.. etc..

apparently i'll be playing this game soon with my man

good for him i can't throw a frisbee further than 7 feet, then it spins and comes back at me before crashing into the ground.

thats awesome...

atleast your tryin tho.

i always tell people to throw it across your chest like snappin a towel...

if you chuck it up, its not gonna get to far..

Damn, old ass thread. Funny that i posted in here after playing for my first time, and now this is one of my main pastimes when the weather is nice. It's a great excuse to enjoy said nice weather, drink a bunch of beers, do drugs, smoke cigarettes, and BS with friends in the middle of the day. Even my dad plays whenever I'm in town.

I'm also a side arm thrower, for everything besides my putts and shorter approach shots. My attempts to drive backhand are pitiful.

It's been unbelievably nice here the past few days and i haven't had a chance to check out any of the courses since i moved here. That may be my weekend mission. Minneapolis and Madison both had a bunch of really nice courses, so hopefully Denver does as well. I'd imagine with the mountains so close to the city, there are some highly scenic courses.

I used to play alot. I guess the course at the city park in my old town was one of the best in the state. We used to play with a cooler full of beer and a few blunts. One time there was some kind of tournament going on and me and my boys just jumped in the middle of it and got kicked out.

Another time, I was waiting to T off with a random stranger, we were waiting for 2 girls to play through. He bet me 5 bucks I couldn't hit them with a disc. I didn't think I could either, but that disc skipped off the ground and nailed one dead in the ass. I apologized and told her "this is a story we can tell our grandkids" (she was hot) she didn't seem to find the humor in it...

I throw right handed sidearm, I don't wind up and toss it like a Olympic discus backhander.

Most Chicago courses demanded you keep the disc low and straight, so it was impractical to whip it 40 feet into the air.

So the discs I throw have different flight patterns then they are supposed to.

I use a Monster to hook sharp right around obstacles and corners:

monster_ch.jpg

For everything else (depending on the wind) I use one of three champion Beasts of varying weights:

beast_ch.jpg

For the most part I play with one disc.

I used to carry around a bag full of them, but now I just carry a cooler instead.

I have dozens of discs that I found over the years, if there is no phone # I keep them and give them away to newbs hoping it will catch on.

Using putters is for wimps.

i drive backhand with some different weight valkyries. then the rest is usually forehand. i got a glo roc (that doesnt glow) that i love and some other hand me down crap. i got a bunch of discs but i only throw about 5 of them.

shit its nice today finally but im stuck inside. i skated for 20 years but last year disc golf took over my life. slowly starting to skate again too, but golf just got me like a crack addiction once i started.

i smash chains with Pro Pigs

the Roc for mid rangeish

Wraith, El Jefe, for drives, just got the new hot shit forgot what it was called..

throw the Monarch on drives for opposite hands ... flips over pretty swell like..

Im pretty much an INNOVA whore.

Mos def @ Boxcar

You find a Pig comfortable to putt with?