Pictures of a scars you wish you had....

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn...a near 7 second talon. wow.

one of my boys just put a massive supercharger into his viper...but its a secret...shhhhhh. haha. dudes got a bunch of other fast cars.

I hear ya on attracting attention dirty...but sometimes...thats good. My 996 will be red.

boxcars...what part of it do you think looks like a pontiac? my major problem with the prior years was that the front end looked exactly like it came off the pontiac assembly line.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Nov 29 2005, 11:40 AM

Shameless, when are you gonna get some more pictures of that 280 you and your dad have?

I'd like to see them, is it working, do you ever drive it? I'm sure it's very fun.

My little brother said he's gonna "go" Nissan when he gets enough money,

Soon hopefully. The car is being stored for winter at my parents house in ny. So I only get to drive it, wrench on it when I get up there. I dont have a garage or a lift like they do, so they keep it. Plus my dad likes to work on it with me, like a father son deal. I saved up all year to get some recaro's for it, but I ran into a buddy parting out his old crx and took those seats off them for $100. Theyre made by recaro also and came stock in the 91's. I will be putting these in the car this christmas.

crxseatsside.jpg

crxseats1.jpg

Im debating what to do with the rest of the money I was going to use for the seats, might just end up saving it for futre mods..

Oh, I forgot about this. A present for those car heads on here.

The Drift Bible

(Takes about 35-45 min to DL.)

Need this codec to hear anything.

The Techniques

Side Brakes (e-brakes), Shift Lock, Power Over, Braking, Feint and Lift Off. These are the six basic techniques you need to master to DRIFT! Tsuchiya explains and demonstrates in detail how to utilize these various techniques to drift your car. In car cameras show how he maneuvers the car from inside. A foot pedal cam and indicators shows how to use the brakes and accelerator.

Cars and Tuning Tips

Tsuchiya shows how to drift using cars with different characteristics.

He tells us which mods are necessary to drift and advice on what kind of tires to choose.

Practice Methods

After tire screeching demonstrations he always stops to break down the process of the entire maneuver. Mixing in stories from his own experience when he first started drifting, Tsuchiya demonstrates practice methods on how to control your car. Most of the moves involve complex timing and accuracy. We make sure we show the entire flow of these movements to make sure you don't miss anything!

Bonus Footage

As a bonus footage, the DVD includes BMI's 10 minute promotional clip which was shown at the 2003 SEMA IAS (International Auto Salon) held at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Testimonials:

"I learned by watching Tsuchiya drift. This is the BEST video on how to DRIFT! You will be drifting within days…"

Nobuteru Taniguchi, Professional JGTC and D1 Racecar driver

"The little-known secrets of drifting are revealed comprehensively here. You can't get this kind of instruction anywhere else. If you've ever wanted to master the art of drifting, this is ? ??eat starting place "

Sam Mitani, International Automotive Editor and Japanese test-car Driver

"If drifting is your religion and Keiichi is your god, then this video is your bible. If you seek the truth, you must go directly to the source. This video is it."

Edward Loh, Editor, Drifting Magazine

"Keiichi is one of the most influential figures in Drifting."

DRIFTING.com

Keichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya In '84 Tsuchiya wins the Fuji Freshman racing series 6 races in a row. His tail slide corning style earned him the "Drift King" name. The once notorious touge street racer who had his racing license suspended at one time eventually expands his career internationally and wins the GT-2 class in '85 at Le Mans 24 hrs. Since 2000 Tsuchiya has competed in the JGTC 500 series with the ARTA NSX. He is one of the founders and also a judge for the D-1 Grand Prix drifting competition.

Go by the code and buy it afterward. I did.

engine2.jpg

The valve cover is removed, and the head is "taken off"... it's all disconnected just sitting there.

I'm gonna finish putting those freeze plugs in this weekend and put the new head gasket/timing belt on.

Hopefully I didn't warp the head when the head gasket blew last time. That would suck.

It also has a red front strut/tower bar that's not in the photo because the head was taken off the other day

and we put the tower bar in the trunk, it adds a nice visual asthetic to the engine bay when it's on.

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Nov 29 2005, 03:57 PM

Im debating what to do with the rest of the money I was going to use for the seats, might just end up saving it for futre mods..

What all upgrades does your car have? I want to get a fuel pressure regulator so my gas mileage

isn't shit... I'd also like to route my manual boost controller into the cockpit. My friend has that done on his

talon, it's very easy for him to turn the boost up... an electronic booste controller just isn't necessary...

that and they're expensive. I also want to get a GM MAF and translator so my car doesn't die after boosting

and then stopping. It's fine on the highway, but since I'm venting to the atmosphere it causes the car to

die on decel because of the lost air the computer has already compensated with gas for. It's all good,

I've gotten used to it, that and I like the sound of the blow off valve, it doesn't chirp and it's not high

pitched, it just goes PPPSSSHHHHHHH really loud. It's great.

Dirty, I may purchase an Apex'i s-afc. Im not really sure though. I would really like to get a new fuel rail and injectors and etc. Maybe some suspension stuff like swaybars and bushings..?

Its a hard decision...

My interior is basically complete when I get done with the seats..so the rest is just going to be performance oriented.

No, because I know the gangsters around here... that and my car has an alarm and

I have a throw away gun and there's a toll bridge not too far away to throw it away off of

should I have to spill someone's blood for fucking with my car... and I have a dog that

goes nuts too.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Dec 2 2005, 04:40 AM

your shit doesnt get stolen daily with that shit popping off your dash like that? where do you live?

Also, people that steal are most of the time stupid and wouldn't know shit about what

they stole anyhow.

"Hey dude, what's this thing, I don't see connectors for these gauges dude..."

It's because you DON'T have boost... I will fucking tear someone's throat out and shit down

their neck if I EVER catch anyone slippin... not to mention I'll have consensual sex

with their girl if I know who she is.

That's not a bad idea I guess.... I've never even been in a car that had nice upgraded brakes.

but, if you're gonna go fast it's good to be able to stop fast. Like if you're going like 120

down the highway you HAVE to look very far ahead of you because slamming your brakes

at those speeds really does nothing and you'll just smash whatever you're trying to avoid.

I really don't like people talking about stealing my shit. I don't steal from people.

But some people are low lifes and they steal because they don't know anything

different, anything respectable. I mean, I know people that steal cars

and stereos and shit all the time, and take guns with them when they do it...

that's just stupid, I don't get caught up in that mess, the extra dollars/drugs

you make from doing that stuff is NOT worth the jail time if you get caught.

That and nobody thinks stealing is cool except for other thiefs.

Archived