2 articles on "celebrating" palestinians

Angrysamoan

This one comes from a poster at www.indymedia.org (a good independent media news source, for those of you interested). I'm not sure about the truthfulness of this, but hopefully we will be finding out soon for sure. Something to think about...

CNN USING 1991 FOOTAGE of celebrating Palistinians to manipulate you

by Marcio 9:10am Thu Sep 13 '01

address: State University of Campinas - Brazil

All around the world we are subjected to 3 or

4 huge news distributors, and one of them - as

you well know - is CNN. Very well, I guess

all of you have been seeing (just as I've been)

images from this company.

I'd like to add some ideas from here, down south.

There's an important point in the power of press, specifically the power of

CNN.

All around the world we are subjected to 3 or 4 huge news distributors,

and one of them - as you well know - is CNN. Very well, I guess all of

you have been seeing (just as I've been) images from this company. In

particular, one set of images called my attencion: the Palestinians

celebrating the bombing, out on the streets, eating some cake and making

funny faces for the camera.

Well, THOSE IMAGES WERE SHOT BACK IN 1991!!! Those are

images of Palestinians celebrating the invasion of Kuwait! It's simply

unacceptable that a super-power of cumminications as CNN uses images

which do not correspond to the reality in talking about so serious an

issue.

A teacher of mine, here in Brazil, has videotapes recorded in 1991, with

the very same images; he's been sending emails to CNN, Globo (the

major TV network in Brazil) and newspapers, denouncing what I myself

classify as a crime against the public opinion. If anyone of you has access

to this

kind of files, serch for it. In the meanwhile, I'll try to 'put my hands' on

a

copy of this tape.

But now, think for a moment about the impact of such images. Your

people is hurt, emotionally fragile, and this kind broadcast have very high

possibility of causing waves of anger and rage against Palestinians.

It's simply irresponsible to show images such as those.

Finally, I'd like to say that we all regret and condemn all that has

happened in the last days; but Nikos has a point here. I really don't want

to be misunderstood here, but the truth is that US government had

shown no respect for other countries in the last decades. In the 60s and

70s they had halped lots of military coups throughout the world (including

Brazil in 64). Later, with Reagan and Bush Father, the Washington

Consensus have been demolishing the bases of our economies, making us

more and more dependant (and, many of us, prehocupied with this

situation).

Your current president quickly made things worse: Kioto Protocol, Star

Wars, Colombia Plan, the exchange of rain forest for pieces of external

debt, tha abandonment of the position of third party in negotiations

between IRA and England, and between Palestinians and Israel. All those

mistakes in US external politics made your country more hatred than

before, and, of course, more vulnerable.

Listen, I'm NOT justifying the terrorist actions that took place in your

country; but it seems to me that, if your leaders had come along another

path of thoughts and actions, you wouldn't be suffering what you are

now.

Best regards, and the hope that everything is resolved for the best of all

of

us

Márcio A. V. Carvalho

State University of Campinas - Brazil

http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?articl...4&group=webcast

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

and here's another article on a related topic:

September 12, 2001, 11:23 AM

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM (AFP)

- The Palestinian leadership of Nablus on Wednesday denied that citizens of

the West Bank town had celebrated the huge attack on the United States a

day earlier.

The Nablus governorate said in a statement the Palestinians were

demonstrating against an incursion by Israeli forces into the autonomous

Palestinian town of Jenin.

"The Nablus governorate completely condemns the most terrible operation"

against New York's World Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington, it

said, expressing its condolences to victims and their relatives.

"We would like to clarify that people in the city of Nablus on Tuesday

evening were demonstrating against the Israeli incursion into the city of

Jenin and chanting 'God is great' to express their solidarity with their

brothers," it said.

It called reports that the rallies were a "celebration of what had happened

in the USA ... a complete defamation."

Retired schoolteacher Mustafa Ahlan said: "I don't like the Americans, but

I don't think bringing down planes full of civilians is going to help."

© 2001 AFP

and finally, one more article written by a palestinian in response to reports that they were celebrating the terrorist acts:

my dear friends ,

I express to you ,my american friends, my profound sorrow and my

closeness in prayer for all victims at this horrible and tragic moment.i

really feel sorry for all the world,i feel sorry for us,HUMAN beings.

we are not human any more,we are animals!!!! i feel outraged and angry

for this aggression against humanity!!!it is really horrible,the world

that we are living in!!!! it is a jungle where animals eat each other

for survival!!! under the bombing of the bethlehem Area,palestinains

were stuck in front of TV ,watching the horrible inhuman attack while

hearing the bombs falling around! how would they behave??? Palestinians

are confused and desperate ...Palestinains are not celebrating the death

of people....i have tears in my eyes now because of the horrible image

you are getting from news!!! it is wrong...i am begging you, my friends,

not to believe what you see......Palestinians were celebrating the

withdrawal of the Israeli army from the palestinian city,jenin!!! that

was it! we are being attacked every day...my Best friends' house was

bombard at two minutes from where i stay at bethlehem....believe me,i

don't want to talk about my suffering as much as i want to talk about

the suffering of all human beings around the globe of whom we don't know

very well....!!!!!!! Palestinian groups denounced and condemned the

attack ...reminding you that our struggle is against Occupation and

slavery. America, as a super power, has duties toward weak nations

asking for its help. WAKE UP americans!!!!we need your help!!! the

oppressed,the hungry,the poor in this world are crying out for help!!!!

President Bush ended his speech last night:::'''None of us will ever

forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is

good and just in our world"""" i hope so! hey my friends, i am with you

...we are together in spirit and soul.....we share same values,we share

the same struggle ....

i love you and pray for you.

vivian

Originally posted by Umpa Loompa:

although its harsh..but they showed a bunch of palestinians runnning around cheering, waving flags and basically partying about this attack.. i dont know about ALL of them being killed...., we should fucking drop an A bomb on those fucking dicks...i cant stand shit like this...and when i saw these assholes runnig around cheering.yelling laughing..it just makes me even more mad.. and they even had little kids waving flags and shit..these kids dont even fucking know what there cheering about!!! i wish i could just go up to those little kids and just fucking SHOOT THEM...

the only reason anyone has been anti palestinian is because of those pictures. pictures that its now come to light, were completely fabricated to give us an enemy to rally against. so now all across the country arabs are getting assaulted because our news agencies ran stock fottage thats a decade old. yeah for america. the innocent are already laying in pools of their own blood.

honestly....at this point i think id be better informed had i sat in a room by myself for three days staring a photo of the trade center, so much bull shit information is flooding the media, its everyone from abc to these random web posting....i honestly dont know what to belive and any information i could recive is tained with bias....

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

the only reason anyone has been anti palestinian is because of those pictures. pictures that its now come to light, were completely fabricated to give us an enemy to rally against. so now all across the country arabs are getting assaulted because our news agencies ran stock fottage thats a decade old. yeah for america. the innocent are already laying in pools of their own blood.

the us media has been rediculously anti palestinian for awhile now. we as a country are one of the only ones in the us that supports israel blindly on everything, and our media never tells of the brutality that gets played out apon palestinians on a daily basis. we'll emphasize how 2 israeli soldiers got killed, but in the same article not give a fuck about how they shot 14 children with rocks. it goes on because everyone is scared about speaking out and being called anti-semetic.

this probably didnt make any sense, fuck i have a sinus headache....

Originally posted by Pistol:

Not all the media is "Anti-Palestine" . In today's Los Angeles Time's front section. There was a photograph and article showing a school of palestine children participating in a moment of silence in respect to those in the US.

not everything is going to be in plain english, black and white for us...we are going to have to pick apart what we choose to believe. thats life. good point there pistola.

Originally posted by iSLEEPwithMIDGETS:

well since well probably end up bombing the shit out of them anyway...i wanna get my city to start cheering and celebrating and have it broadcasted to there survivors...but there probably wont be any because there country is so fucking small and poor we could probably take them out with one bomb

riiiiiight, bin laden sends his fascists over here to kill our innocent civilians but "oh no! heaven forbid we should ever DO anything about it! let it slide! just let the man do his thing!" well it certainly worked with the first trade center bombing, not to mention tanzania, kenya, the uss cole, and every other ruthless murder of american citizens. germany was a straggling mutt of a nation when hitler started his rise to power, dont let shit like that fool you. if the taliban wants to harbor this worthless motherfucker then the blame falls just as much on them as it does on him.

o boy, when will it end. drizo, you are smart. and so is anyone else who seeks information without the pro-american spin on it. This goes out to people who read books that werent written by the winners, as most history often is. im not even up to date on my politics, but ive read enough REAL history to understand that america is not the shining beacon of everything peachy. we never have been. that doesnt mean that innocent people killed is justifiable, but killing a shitload of innocent people on the other side of the world isnt going to bring anyone back from the dead. its just going to let us enjoy a sense of vengence.

LOVE MY COUNTRY, FEAR MY GOVERNMENT.

when will it end? when will it START?

All this talk about 'killing innocents on the other side of the globe'... all you guys just need to settle the fuck down with your protests until we start killing inocents. I'm not denying the things the US has done in the past but that's where it is, the past... now just hold yer fuckin horses for a week or so and let's wait until somebody other than the victims of the tragedy have lost their lives as well.

------------------

2 Can Sam

Originally posted by Smart:

when will it end? when will it START?

All this talk about 'killing innocents on the other side of the globe'... all you guys just need to settle the fuck down with your protests until we start killing inocents. I'm not denying the things the US has done in the past but that's where it is, the past... now just hold yer fuckin horses for a week or so and let's wait until somebody other than the victims of the tragedy have lost their lives as well.

oh thats brilliant. lets wait until we kill people who have nothing to do with it and then complain about how we shouldnt have. Prevention through hindsight. grrrrrrreat.

youre saying we havent done anything yet, so lets not get our panties in a bunch. im saying maybe we should really consider the outcome of what we have the potential to do, before it actually happens.

Originally posted by ohnoone:

[byoure saying we havent done anything yet, so lets not get our panties in a bunch. im saying maybe we should really consider the outcome of what we have the potential to do, before it actually happens.[/b]

actually, I'm saying, have a little faith. You aren't going to influence global events by bitching on the 12s...

------------------

2 Can Sam

its good and wonderful to say "war won't solve anything! no more deaths!" it would be a wonderful world if that worked. but honestly, it DOES NOT. we've tried that since bin laden bombed the WTC the first time. oops! our bad! i guess 2 110 story towers, one U.S. naval ship, 4 airplanes full of innocent civilians, 2 embassies, a chunk out of the pentagon, 400 firefighters and 5,000 missing persons just isnt enough. why dont we wait until next year when he drops a hundred pounds of anthrax on Los Angeles. THEN maybe we'll do something. but not now, god no. don't believe what your tv tells you! bin laden really is a nice guy! he's just misunderstood! give him another chance, he'll change!

Originally posted by Breakinblazer2000:

its good and wonderful to say "war won't solve anything! no more deaths!" it would be a wonderful world if that worked. but honestly, it DOES NOT. we've tried that since bin laden bombed the WTC the first time. oops! our bad! i guess 2 110 story towers, one U.S. naval ship, 4 airplanes full of innocent civilians, 2 embassies, a chunk out of the pentagon, 400 firefighters and 5,000 missing persons just isnt enough. why dont we wait until next year when he drops a hundred pounds of anthrax on Los Angeles. THEN maybe we'll do something. but not now, god no. don't believe what your tv tells you! bin laden really is a nice guy! he's just misunderstood! give him another chance, he'll change!

you are a dumb fuck. No one is saying that bin laden is a good guy. kill his ass, ill cheer. remove the repressive taliban "govt" ill consider it a victory for humanity. but dropping indiscriminate bombs from above on hungry sick poor people in afghanistan, isnt going to stop him, or other terrorists. Not all the people in these countries want our blood, theyre just as fuckin scared as you are blind.

Originally posted by ohnoone:

sitting back and waiting is just as futile an act in my opinion...

well, spend your energy how you want, but you're presumed an outcome that has yet to happen. Kind of a foolish move. I the events do play out like you say, everyone will want to talk about it then, and nobody will want to hear you say 'I told you so' AND if it doesn't happen then you look a bit out of touch... whatever...

------------------

2 Can Sam

hey Breakinblazer2000, i like the way you mentioned the taliban and bin laden as "murderers of american citizens." i doubt they just kill americans, infact, the taliban, eledgedly, sometimes buries widows alive in mass graves, but, bombing afghanistan is not going to do anything but kill more innocent people. moms and dads like your mom and dad (only hungrier and sicker). moms and dads that for the most part hate the fuck out of the taliban. when the bombs come the taliban will just leave the country and/or go into hiding, hence forth, the only casualties being poorer people than i think you have the ability to even imagine. and bin laden is likely far far away from there by now.

you need to learn to dig a bit deeper, through the opinions of your friends and relatives and through the garbage being spat at you by your magical glowing socialy apropriate ideal spewer(t.v.). you are being manipulated by a media machine put in place to keep you agreeable. herd mentality is a reality and your obviously stampeding with the rest of the blood thirsty bovine.

REMEMBER:

blind nationalism is VERY VERY VERY dangerous, so go buy buy buy your disposable paper american flag, right now!

its also funny that you mentioned the nazis, because blind nationalism, leading to the sescptibility of the masses to propaganda, is exactly why your friend and mine, hitler, was able to take control of germany and help make such an incredible mess of europe and the world for that matter. do you want to be a supporter of needless cruelty? do you have that little regaurd for human life? if so, then why the fuck do you care about americans dying. i dont mean to put words in your mouth, but, im going to anyway: many of them were probably the same people you hate on principal every day."yo, fuck that yuppie bitch." or whatnot. dont tell me you never talked shit about yuppies. we all have. what im trying to get at is that its important to seperate your principals from the part of you that knows what its like to struggle, and love people, and be loved by people, and just what it feels like to be human. then, remember that the people your principals(that may deep down not even be YOUR principals) that want to make people you dont know suffer are just as HUMAN as you and everyone you know and care about! only after this realization can you truly make an intelligent decision on whether you feel someone deserves to die. i personally think bin laden certainy deserves to die. i also think that those responsibe for the massacre of retreating iraqi soldiers AND civillions( women and children included) along the "highway of death" at the end of the gulf war deserve to die. and the bastards responsible for the genoside of the american indians...oh yeah, most of them are already dead. my point here is that there are millions of reasons to hate large groups of people you dont know. who these groups are is arbitrary. theyre likley just a bunch of brainwashed people like the rest of us, always thinking theyre in the right. its the leaders of people that tend to be the real threat, people that lie for a living (why do you think most political figures start out lawyers).

i hope you havnt found this too reproachful. im just fed up with the level of ignorance and one sidedness i see in this country. so many of us dont pay shit attention to politics until all hell breaks loose,and, in turn , are for obvious reasons, uninformed, and the go around under the impression that our opinions are valid. its really a shame. i just hope that your capable of compassion and not to lazy to figure out who your fuckig enemy really is.

ok, im done rambling. god im long winded...

ps. go buy you disposable paper flags while theyre hot!.......GO already.

10,000 years of conflict.

drizdial.

[This message has been edited by drizo (edited 09-16-2001).]

Archived