>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm at it...

--24/03/06--

--Song of the Week--

Go find that picture of me dancing with that girl with the ass and listen repeatedly to this song. Danny Fornaris is probably the only reggeaton producer out right now who cares about making original shit. Everything dude touches is fucking banging.

LG, "Pásale Otra Copa"

Aguanta, espera

Que abra sus caderas

Que me tiene loco y me la quiero comer entera

No te pongas tikih-mikih

Mejor vamo' al wiki-wiki

Y luego te saco un hickey en forma 'e Mickey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

--22/09/06--

--Songs of the Week--

tego%20calderon%20-%20The%20Underdog%20%20-%20El%20Subestimado.jpg

I can't even describe just how fucking ill Tego Calderón is. If there's one contemporary artist from PR you listen to, it should be this guy. Dude came out a few years ago, totally crushed everyone, then receded while lesser artists with little integrity grabbed the reggeatón spotlight. Now he's back with a banger of an album that spans a variety of latin genres, not just reggeaton, and it fucking rules. To be honest the reggaetón tracks, with the exception of one, are nothing remarkable. The rest of it (hip hop, salsa, roots reggae) is amazing. Tego is the fucking TRUTH. Here's two tracks for the weekend:

"Mil Cosas" - You might have heard this track if you've played NBA Live '06, cause it's part of the soundtrack. Tego doing what he does (and loves) best, straight up hip hop.

"Mardi Gras" - The only reggeatón track I really liked from the album, mainly cause it combines a genre that never in my life I would've imagined working with reggaetón: the Blues. Yeah, it sounds odd, but it works really fucking well. It's no surprise Danny Fornaris is behind the production, cause seriously dude is the only guy making reggaetón beats that are worth a damn these days.

Archived