Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest imported_El Mamerro

>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_Tesseract

11/10/2005

Song Of the Week*

John Frusciante, Murderers

After listening to MC5 for 10 days straight and being on a speed trip the whole time, John Frusciantes 'to record only water for ten days' stroke me like medicine. Completely chilled out, kinda sad but not pathetic and above all, another proof that junkies have always been my fav musicians. The follow track is instumental and one of the most upbeat pieces in there. Also, it complies with my 'repeat1 for hours' working technique. I use songs like these to concentrate my head on high peaks of work by listening them over and over and over for hours. Enjoy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

ahem, feeling ashamed...Nuuk works actually after the instruction sheet was handed. The other song stopped at 77% and never reconnected nomatter how many tries.

After politely passing my aim offer, you still use the same addy brothell? i need to catch up with you on old beef and fresh bacon.

OYK

hmm, i hope i didn't steer this thread into really boring waters with that last one...so i guess i'll wade back into familiar soundscapes with one of the

most buttery hiphop tracks i've heard in years...snaffed this up earlier in the year on a 9th wonder download binge and have been hooked off and on since. the production on this track is friggin' majestical, and cl's voice and content is perfectly matched.

not a whole lot to say for this tune other than it's total buttery biscuits.

hope it works this time...

Take You There(9th Wonder Remix)-Pete Rock & CL Smooth

FUCK NO dude. You keep putting out that odd shit, I'm fucking eating it up like hotcakes. It's ten billion times more interesting and there's much less of a chance that we'll ever run into that stuff otherwise. I'll allow you (AND ONLY YOU) to upload two songs each week, one nerdball steez and another for the masses.

I'm still at the office so I can't upload today. Reggaeton hotness tomorrow.

hahaha, okay...another hotcake then..i hope you don't have this already mams...

to me this is a totally incredible collabo by fennesz, mika vainio(of panasonic/vvv fame), and some dude named christian zanesi, who i've never heard of, and as far as i can tell is a noob composer or something out of french music nerdstitute INA-GRM, a place that is a 9.9 on the richter scale of nerdosity.

White Landscape - GRM Experience (Fennesz, Mika Vainio, Christian Zanesi)

--11/WTF/05--

--Song of the Week--

Always late.

As promised in the last weekend thread, here is the song that ruined my chances with an older woman last Saturday night. This song's style (mix of reggateon, bachata, and dominican-style merengue) sparked an insane amount of copies using the same concept, none of them as good as the original. In addition, it has been remade like 8 times, with different artists, etc. It's somewhat of it's own little phenomenon in the reggaeton world, and it's well deserved, cause it's a fucking banger. The best thing it's how it starts off with a bombastic orchestral intro, then quickly descends into dirty, dirty latin percussion with that funny little bachata guitar twanging all over the place. Very much fit for the DPC Hall of Fame, it's a nice weekend kicker-offer for you people.

Más Flow 2 (Various artists), "Mayor que Yo"

By the way Po, the 9th Wonder track is the fucking definition of butter. It's on repeat every time I sit in the car.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm boycotting my uploads until something worthwhile comes my way. Lack of commentary on my latest leads me there [/seeking attention], haha

Originally posted by Tesseract@Nov 18 2005, 07:40 PM

I'm boycotting my uploads until something worthwhile comes my way. Lack of commentary on my latest leads me there [/seeking attention], haha

dude...tesser...c'mon...

Since you need the attention...I just listened to Murderers a few minutes ago. Definitely a nice, chill, upbeat instrumental. Diggin it and most everything else from everyone.

I've been on a big rockabilly phase lately. I left Honky at home, but I'll dig through what I've got here and see if I find something worthwhile.

Guest imported_Tesseract

[tearolling]Okay then...if you insist[/wipetear]

Haha, i guess i have to come up with something

11/23/2005

SteveAustin's Song Of the Week

+ Supersuckers - Roadworn and Weary +

Alright, here's my first contribution.

Like I said earlier, I've been on a bit of an alt country and rockabilly phase.

Since I don't have access to my first selection, I thought I'd go with one of

the bands that got me started on this whole kick. Plus they're headed to

town fairly soon and it kinda describes how hectic shit has been for me lately.

Love it or hate it...its what you get from me this week.

- | 6x | -

Guest imported_Tesseract

11/10/2005

Song Of the Week*

Sizzla-Give her the loving

So its raining like hell around here and that has nothing to do with

my selection for the week. In an attempt to quit smoking i ended up just smoking non-filtered cigs but thats also irrelevant. Whats pretty much on point is when somebody, who comes from a background that has suffered alot from cliches and generalisations, makes the same shit sound like something else. I stumbled across this song while i forget i ever had it, being one of those untagged songs that just appear like '8' in iTunes, i listened to it 20 times straight in awe. It may not sound all that great to you guys but its been a while since i felt something new about reggae. Vocals are killing shit in this song, so is the title that balances nicely between something romantic and totally pr0n at the same time. Enjoy.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by SteveAustin@Nov 23 2005, 03:36 PM

11/23/2005

SteveAustin's Song Of the Week

+ Supersuckers - Roadworn and Weary +

Alright, here's my first contribution.

Like I said earlier, I've been on a bit of an alt country and rockabilly phase.

Since I don't have access to my first selection, I thought I'd go with one of

the bands that got me started on this whole kick. Plus they're headed to

town fairly soon and it kinda describes how hectic shit has been for me lately.

Love it or hate it...its what you get from me this week.

- | 6x | -

Bumpin this from the bottomless previous page.

I quit my job today. I'm still searching for that perfect "Feeling when you quit your job" song on my playlist.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Shit, thats a good feeling or bad?

It's a bit of both, cause I grew fond of the people, but my new job is gonna be fucking awesome so I couldn't be more excited.

Guest imported_Tesseract

People go to bars and drink, Jobs stay put. Good choice, best wishes

man...my whole day today was sitting at a garbage pc trying to finish an arts

mag with a retardedly slow redraw..to move a stupid little tiff 2inches over takes like 45 seconds, with another 45 to change tools. this is after i talked to a friend on the weekend from another agency who told me the whole place is pimped out with the latest g5's and cs2. aarrrgh. i pretty much blasted this all day along with many other analord tunes. also, this particular tune makes me think it should be

played in some teched out euro sports car while driving *psychotically fast.

AFX - Xmd5a(Analord 10)