IRAQ IS A DISASTER

TheoHuxtable

Guest imported_Tesseract

They told you to go eff your self and they paid for it instantly...the thing you have to know about turks is that they are probably the best diplomats and they play HARD, i dunno the details over this but the moments the turks said no to the US you guys gave the kurds more power and independency dreams plus you cancelled some major biz with the turks. I cant specify a link or something since that stuff that was on the news (european news at least) a year+ plus ago.

Nice to see you ignored the whole why greeks werent friendly explanation ;)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Europe

Turkey has tried to join the EU for almost 20 years now. We dont want them in. Why? Cause they are 65 million poor islamic people ruled by the army in a medieval way.

On one hand they need to work with the US to get money, on the other they dont want to assist the US in killing their islamic brothers.

Guest imported_Tesseract

We dont want them in the EU for the reasons you mentioned and because the only nation that pushes their entrance is the US...turkey would be america's trojan horse in the EU....above all that: Turkey isnt europe, plain and simple. different culture, different religion, different everything.

As far as not wanting to help murder their islamic brothers they didnt seem to bother last time father bush was around...its a poker game for them and usually they get what they want..turkey is like a poor israel.

Gee, EUROPE, that sounds an awful lot like RACISM. Funny how when Americans voice opinions like this, we're all a bunch of bigoted bastards, but when Europeans voice this racist shit, it's just common sense talking.

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVEABLE. Next you'll be telling us you don't want your sister marrying one.

The EU is going to be CRAWLING with ZILLIONS of Islamic immigrants, all poorer than shit, with a huge birth rate, diseases, etc., etc. The Turks are going to be on you people like white on rice.

TOUGH SHIT. Deal with it. The U.S. is now the most "diverse" country in the world. You can't even buy a six-pack of beer in this motherfucker unless you can speak a foreign language. The only upside, as far as I can tell, is we have plenty of interesting restaurants. In Houston, every day I see scores of Muslim women wearing headscarves and even the fucking burqua, which is more than you can say for FRANCE. They say there are now more than 300 languages being spoken in Houston. When I was a kid, I had only heard three---English, Spanish and Chinese. That's gotta be progress, eh?

Guest imported_Tesseract

EUROPE YOU FUCKIN BIGGOT!!!

Europe is already filled with turks, germany has millions of them and we all deal with it.Should we allow them (the country) in the EU? NO...its different to be humanitarian and its different to sabotage your own shit. In my country immigrants get free health care instead of letting them die on the sidewalk because they're uninsuranced...and hey, europe isnt the force that invades countries every two years to make their goverment members richer..so yeah, you get the drift

Guest BROWNer

wasn't papadopoulos generally regarded as a CIA asset?

i know he was KYP which i'm pretty sure was funded and

set up with/by the CIA....

Guest imported_Tesseract

KYP is was the greek National Service of Information...and its like you say it. The trick is that not only Papadopoulos was an asset, his opposition also was..when i say that the CIA played multifield i mean it. I had very funny pictures in a book i cant find now but you'd be amused to see the same CIA agent shaking hands with Papadolpulos and on another picture with the communist leader WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES....

Guest imported_Europe

Kabar:

If the EU countries dont want another country to join them, Turkey, how is that racism? Turkey simply doesnt fit in the EU, too many differences in the way they run their country and their religion.

Yes we have millions of turkish people in Europe, they are welcome here. Cause there is nothing wrong with the PEOPLE of Turkey (so this isnt racism!) but there is something very wrong with the COUNTRY of Turkey.

Im not sure what sort of history the amerikans learned in their 'public schools' :lol:... (mind you this was probably before america was 'created')

Anyways, turkey has always had a very nice reputation of conquering 1/2 of europe by ravaging, destroying, killing, impaling people on stakes (i forgot the term but its where they impale you on a pole of sort and do it in such a way where it would miss your vital organs so you wouldnt die instantly but live for a few days) and of course kidnapping young children which they would train into soldiers, and then years later they would send them to kill their own parents!

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by NC@Oct 28 2004, 07:08 AM

) and of course kidnapping young children which they would train into soldiers, and then years later they would send them to kill their own parents!

Genitsari

Guest Catch22

At an airport rally at a hangar in Montoursville, Pa., Cheney said the U.S. invasions of "Afghanistan and Iraq will be studied for years for their brilliance."

One of the problems with the bush administration is that they don't take responsibility. They preach about everyone else not being accountable for their actions yet the Bush administration STILL has not admitted to making any mistakes.

Do you remember when JFK took responsibility for the Bay of Pigs? It takes a man to admit when he is wrong. Bush is a Punk Ass Bitch! What a fuckin pussy!

Catch 22---

The reason Kennedy had to admit he made a mistake was because the CIA stupidly allowed the anti-Castro Cubans in Brigada 2506 to attempt to carry out Operation Mongoose without any American firepower. The Cubans were convinced that once they made the beach that the U.S. would provide them with air cover from U.S. aircraft carriers steaming offshore. In fact, U.S. Navy fighter planes with the U.S. insignia painted out with grey deck paint kept Castro's forces at bay for a little while by making repeated low-level passes down the beach, in the hopes that the Castro forces would hit one of them, and they could then use that as an excuse (like the Gulf of Tonkin incident was used during the Vietnam War) to "defend" themselves and begin close air support of the anti-Castro forces on the beach.

Whether the Castro forces were smarter than that, or whether they were just lousy shots isn't clear. They did manage to hit Operation Mongoose's logistical supply lines by setting the freighters carrying their ammunition and fuel on fire out in the Bay of Pigs. Once the ammunition resupply ships were put out of action, the fate of the troops dug in on the beach was pretty much sealed. Castro's troops had them boxed in with their backs against the ocean. When they ran out of ammunition, they were forced to surrender.

Kennedy was facing a military disaster. Either he had to be willing to invade Cuba, or he had to cut his losses. It had only been 16 years since the end of the South Pacific island-hopping of WWII, where the U.S. lost thousands and thousands of men taking islands less than 1/10th the size of Cuba. As I've said before, the Marines lost 10,000 men the first three days taking Okinawa. That works out to about 140 men per hour of battle. If Kennedy was willing to follow through on the bet that the CIA had laid, it could wind up costing 50,000 American lives, or more. He wasn't willing, so he folded. That left 1,300 Cuban boys as POW's in Castro's prisons, where they were tortured, starved, allowed to die from lack of medical care and executed in mass firing squads. If memory serves, about 600 of them were eventually repatriated to the U.S., years later, in a trade for spare parts, fuel and medical supplies.

The CIA had made a terrible miscalculation, ostensibly because they were depending upon intelligence smuggled out to them from the anti-Castro resistance. This intelligence indicated that the people of Cuba despised Castro and couldn't wait for a chance to revolt and kick him out of power. This may have been true of the friends and family of the anti-Castro underground, but for the rank-and-file Cubans, it was not true. The Cuban Army defeated Brigada 2506 handily. The Bay of Pigs made Kennedy look like an idiot in front of the entire world, encouraged the Soviet Union to install nuclear missles in Cuba, and eventually led to the Cuban Missle Crisis. Kennedy fired the head of the CIA, John Foster Dulles, humiliating him for his error.

Guess who Dulles' brother was?

The mayor of Dallas, Texas.

(badda BOOM.)

FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!FREE IRAQ!!!!!

It is good to see the opinions expressed, and the information being made available on this board. I have been off it for a while, but this has stayed at the forefront of my thoughts. The great opportunity that could have become a reality has now passed. New minds ready for action now must continue to have their voices silenced. The backlash from the latest incursion into falluga (sp) will have major ramifications. The question of weather or not it is the right move is illigit. We want to support the govt. we created and these guys stand in opposition of it. The machines that act within most conflicting areas to marginalize radical/separatist elements into newly established bodies have been, and will continue to be suppressed. Yet we see our population being told that because the IGC has approved the action they are acting within the bounds of the wishes of the Iraqi people. The news coverage has been exceptionally supportive of the opinion that this specific action is catering to the wishes of the Iraqi people. Yet even this term has begun to loose any resemblance to the wishes of the Iraqi, a voice that I still search to hear and eventually understand in some capacity. The situation is fucked, this seems to be a radical yet meaningless conclusion that I can draw from it. Anything else is caught up in the mix of so many other questions that it leaves my mind in a constant revolution of conflicting thoughts.

I have spent some time studying both the regions history, and the relevance of actions within the mid east during the 20th and now the 21st centuries, and it pains me to great extent the negative conclusions that often are the result of thorough analysis on Iraq. Compromise is than manor in which diplomacy, and politics survives, but hypocrisy and unilateral thought breed conflict. I do not understand how a foreign governing body, established by an invading foreign army, and legitimated by their force has any ability to create a system that balances authority and power in a way that represents the thoughts of it’s constituents, and can evolve itself to cater to the needs of these very people.

The very consideration of such a body is very far off, yet the seeds of it, and those in opposition to it, may still be found in the ideological rhetoric of those trying (I don’t like the word) to create it, and those vying to destroy the very institution that is the forced parent of it. The key has been those willing to be co-opted into a system that represents at least some fraction of their interests, and gives promise to diplomacy and compromise in a way that will heed their inclusion. This is a very long way away. These bodies emerge when street politics allows it, yet their voice has not been amplified or even promoted. The US has constructed a body that will give them the freedom to operate in the capacity they deem necessary, but nobody can side with them without alienating themselves from the local elements that the average person holds as the core of their identity. They do not see promise, only conflict and death.

If I had been drawn out ten years ago in open defiance of a suppressive leader, and had to hide as my fellow brothers were massacred, then had to face years of sanctioned poverty while my children withered away, and then again live through the terror of war only to find myself operating within a society governed by a foreign army, legitimated by leaders, many of whom already bear national disgraces, who must bow to their benefactors above establishing stability and the mere semblance of governance I would have become devoid of rational and would succumb to radical reasoning.

The NYT is right here next to me and I see rebels and invaders fighting while at least one of the greatest tyrants of our nation is stepping down. Yet all of this has no effect on my life within the context of day to day. I choose to direct myself toward the east, and therefore these actions have a great effect on the reality I exist in. Maybe that is why so many people voted for bush. His actions will keep the fight somewhere else, out of state, out of mind, out of worry. This hip-hop group Immortal Technique has a verse we fucked the Mid East and gave birth to a demon. I think the child will be a traveler; he will bring conflict, and destruction as gifts for Ramadan and Christmas. The fruits ours to bear, but we should not be so sympathetic to national outcries when the response hits us in the face. It is the reality as I see it, and my reality exists very far from what I observe.

-These are my thought as a young, educated yet ignorant male living within the United States. These thoughts poured out as they were conjured and constantly evolve and change. Like them, hate them? I want to hear your reactions!

The only point I make as fact is Knowledge, educate yourself. Books are good, but people are better, and it is this very reason I reply to the opinions expressed on these boards with my own. Peace

-www.ICG.org- these people are the most intelligent informers of world politics that I have come across. A lot of the information is pretty thick but it is being compiled by people in the areas they reference and promote questions and ideas that bring some understanding to the conflicts in the world. Notably Iraq

Yeah, it is very clear to me that the US is still in control and not the Interim Government of Iraq.

Allawi is pretty much being used as a yes man to give the appearance of wide approval for the US' actions. I have not seen any significant and independent policy from this interim government. They can't enact any significant civil initiatives because first of all, they must be approved by the US, and secondly, they don't have the money because it is clear now that Halliburton is abusing funds. 400 pages of documents have just been released from the Pentagon Audit agency.... Check it out:

http://www.democrats.reform.house.gov/Docu...02533-65318.pdf

Looks like the case is getting stronger and stronger against this administration.

I would urge everyone to donate to this fund:

http://www.helpamericarecount.org/

And also please sign this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/uselect/petition.html

Originally posted by hobo knife@Oct 17 2004, 08:21 PM

yeah, we do have military bases set up here and there...but nothing like what we'll have in Iraq in the years to come...I think the only country that allowed us to launch attacks against Iraq using their soil was kuwait (which is basically us/british territory these days) ...

Kuwait wasn't the only one. We've launched attacks against Iraq from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Turkey, and if I'm not mistaken Diego Garcia (small island-base in Indian Ocean used by U.S. and British troops)

Originally posted by NOT GUILTY@Oct 17 2004, 08:28 PM

^^^^^^^^^

TRUE ABOUT BAHRAIN & TURKEY, BUT WE DONT HAVE ANY MORE TROOPS IN SAUDI ARABIA AT ALL........AND NOT VERY MUCH TROOPS IN KUWAIT .(A FEW HUNDRED).AND THEY MOSTLY ONLY FOCUSE ON MISSLE DEFENSE FOR THAT NATION......BUT THE THING ABOUT BAHRAIN & TURKEY .......THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY TROOPS THERE,MOST WERE DEPLOYED TO IRAQ.AND THE PEOPLE OF THOSE COUNTRIES ARE TRYIN HARDER AND HARDER EVERYDAY TO HAVE THE U.S TROOPS REMOVED.......SO MY POINT IS :THOSE COUNTRIES YOU SPEAK ABOUT DONT HAVE REAL BASES THERE.....,JUST A FEW TROOPS AND REMEMBER THEY ALSO HAVE TO HAVE PREMISSION TO OPERATE FROM THOSE BASES,SO BEFORE THAY MAKE ANY MOVES THEY GOTTA GO THROUGH THOSE NATIONS GOVERNMENT FIRST....HEY WE MAY DISAGREE, BUT WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO HOSTILE.....REMEMBER THATS HOW WARS GET STARTED ........

You originally said there were no U.S. bases in the Middle East. After you were proved wrong, now you're trying to say that these bases that I mentioned aren't really bases and don't have a lot of troops. That is absolutely false. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, Kuwait, and Bahrain houses several thousand troops in the 5 digits. I spent time in Bahrain. It is a huge naval base that is the headquarters of the U.S. Third Fleet. The headquarters of the Air Force base in the middle east was located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia... but I believed they moved it to Qatar.' The point is, these are not small temporary encampments -- these are huge "permanent" bases that are to remain there indefinitely.

Great video, Poop Man. How did you get it? I've tried a couple of times to find an online source for video being re-broadcast to the U.S. or sent by satellite, but I have no idea what I'm doing and couldn't figure out a way to find it. IIf I did, I probably would have difficulty figuring out how to access it....)

• 2 weeks later...

this may be the wrong thread...but i didn't feel like making a new one...anyway peep this...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/phantom_fury/flash.htm

go to picture 2, look at what the top of the box says in the middle and the one on the left. these 40 vials of sarin gas were found in a briefcase in fallujah. The other inscriptions on the boxes are in german and cyrillic (russian).

yeah i heard about this. there is also a box in english. but i don't know what you are trying to imply by this. as if this justifies bushs "intelligence" which is an oxymoron. That is a small quanitity that is not weaponized and not equipped with a warhead and the missles or the production capabilities and it was probably smuggled in by some foreign fighters in an attache case. given that it was found in falleuja and not in some secret bunker laboratory where saddams mad scientists had some evil take over the world plots cooking up. Shoot you can get russian sarin off ebay.

Guest BROWNer

on the flipside of these reports, there are reports the US has used illegal and

experimental weapons. in the early stages of the war they used a new napalm

weapon(incidentally, napalm is internationally banned and the US claims it

stopped using it in the 70's). now there is some iraqi physician claiming they

used chem weapons(no idea how solid this info is), and witness reports that they

used experimental bombs that burn skin even when water is poured over wounds..

this second report, although not thoroughly confirmed, is consistent with what the new napalm incendiary weapons do..which is a mix of jet fuel and polystyrene that adheres to the skin as it burns.

Guest BROWNer

well i just looked it up, and it appears that technically speaking, these new

napalm weapons are not 'technically' napalm. so they've given these

weapons a new name, but apparently they are essentially napalm version 2.

Archived