HOAXSTRADAMUS

LEADONE

this board is abuzz with talk that 16th century French astrologer Nostradamus forecast the attack on the World Trade Center in New York.

Thousands of people have received e-mails containing this prophecy, often with a second part forecasting that the attack on the twin towers will mark the beginning of World War III.

Several versions are doing the rounds. This is one of them:

"In the year of the new century and nine months

From the sky will come a great King of Terror

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees

Fire approaches the new city."

The text corresponds roughly to a verse in Nostradamus's Century (section) Six, Quatrain 97. Several books on Nostradamus have speculated that this quatrain's first line refers to September 2001, the ninth month in the first year of the new century, while the 45 degrees is interpreted as the latitude of the city of New York.

But New York lies just below 41 degrees latitude and Nostradamus's verse does not mention a great war, contrary to what several e-mails say. In many e-mails, the verse comes with a second part, which seems harder to link to Nostradamus:

"In the city of York there will be a great collapse

Two twin brothers torn apart by chaos

While the fortress falls the great leader will succumb

Third big war will begin when the big city is burning."

HOAXSTRADAMUS?

"(This second quatrain) is NOT by Nostradamus," read a statement on www.nostradamus-repository.org, a Web site for Nostradamus study.

Hoax or not, various versions of the verse are being forwarded by the thousands every day.

"Initially, I was really sceptical, but I went to the web to look up something on (Nostradamus).

. The e-mail I received was even more specific, forecasting that:

"The big war will begin when the big city is burning

on the 11th day of the 9th month that...

two metal birds would crash into two tall statues

in the new city and the world will end soon after."

YEAH THIS ONE IS EVEN BETTER IDIOTS!

Nostradamus prophecies surface after nearly every major news event. False or real, they struck a chord.

Im suprised that none of the more intelegent moderators or "prophets", if you will, have not brought this to attention or at least discussed it.if it has sorry and delete. i dont read much on here

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest K[O]MEGA

what if some terrorist read the book's and decided to go with what was written..and tears shit up..for all we know nOs....could of been a terrorist way back when..and now he has written life..meaning what he wrote is what he wanted the world to come to..pain and suffering ..for no meaning..

my feelings: you all dig way to much and try to find a deeper meaning into things...

all of his writings or whatever you want to call them are general..like horoscopes..they can be bent around anyway you wish to fit whatever you want them to....if no one can notice this...then our society is 100% blind - ive had people tell me this is the end of the world...and all that shit...ok sure it is....same thing people thought at WW1 since it was just after the turn of the 20th century- im sure it was said at the start of WW2- and if i remember correctly, i heard that shit myself during the gulf war... ill stick to my theory....andl et you decide whatever...stop digging so damn much!

someone said it a while back... the problem with nostradamus is that everyones read it. if anything is comming true you can bet the people behind it are reading his shit too.

------------------

"Rain, it's rain again, rain down on my parade, i'm wrong you're right it's not what you would do - walk one mile in these shoes..."

i said that mune, so perhaps i was fullfilling my dute as moderator/prophet after all.

"The wall on which the prophets wrote

Is cracking at the seams.

Upon the instruments of death

The sunlight brightly gleams.

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams,

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

As silence drowns the screams.

Between the iron gates of fate,

The seeds of time were sown,

And watered by the deeds of those

Who know and who are known;

Knowledge is a deadly friend

When no one sets the rules.

The fate of all mankind I see

Is in the hands of fools.

Confusion will be my epitaph.

As I crawl a cracked and broken path

If we make it we can all sit back

and laugh.

But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying,

Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying."

king crimson is better than any french guy anyday.

Archived