*ICE; In Car Entertainment: And The Quest to End My Trunks Rattle Disease*

Daze One Million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Daze One Million

got my trunk to stop rattling...somewhat....i used the t-shirt technique for now as a temp fix untill i can get down to a shop and get that weather seal

theres a word for this but im not going to say it

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

yeah, if the seal doesn't work, you should try TURNING THE BASS DOWN. what the fuck is the point of having your shit "knock" if it distorts the balance of the music in the car? if you're so worried about how your stereo sounds to other people as you drive around, put speakers on the outside of your car.

i would agree that it really is about a nice clean system

and by system i dont mean earth shattering bass

but instead a nicely balanced system that you can listen to at reasonable volume

and still get ever high and low note out of it

on the other hand, when i was younger it was all about a booming system

damn you LL Cool J

so to each their own i guess

but ive found whats right for me

(although i have to admit ...

i still get giddy when a window breaks from bass)

i don't know, i live with ear plugs in my pocket. my hearing is the last of the five senses i haven't fucked up somehow, and i'm a "musician", so it's pretty important to me. i just see people blowing a shitload of money so "you can hear the bass in the truck when i'm on the block" or whatever and it pisses me off. mainly because they always decide to blast their jams right out in front of my house at four in the morning before they do some donuts in the intersection and almost hit my van. fuckers.

i hear you on that...see i have a lil more respect than to bang my shit after like 9p...at least not in residential areas...but all in all i can really care less if others hear the bass for them selves, as long as i can hear it im straight, i just dont want my trunk lookin like im kidnapping kids in there or someshit

always decide to blast their jams right out in front of my house at four in the morning before they do some donuts in the intersection and almost hit my van. fuckers.

ha, see i think thats another reason why i abandonded big systems

if you have one, youre grouped with all the shit heads that also have one

small and clean is the way to go

yeah, my whole car looks like i'm kidnapping kids in it. white panel van with a cage.

the whole loud bass thing is really aggravating even when i'm driving around. if i'm stuck next to some guy with a "thumping system" at a light, i have to cover my ears, and even then i can feel the vibrations. certain bass frequencies are like nails on a chalkboard to me. but hey, anything above 55db in california is illegal, so he'll get a huge ticket sooner or later.

anything above 55db in california is illegal, so he'll get a huge ticket sooner or later.

you would think they would get a ticket

but most wont

i live in california also

and a friend of mine has an s10 with a bed full of amps and capacitors

and an extended cab area full of subs

this thing is fucking loud!

i was in the back of our shop and he was outside bumping his system

(a good 100 feet) and it felt like my heart was skipping beats

sitting in it with ear plugs, either makes you want to shit your pants or puke

not because its so cool

but because your inner organs are liquifying

yea he wasted alot of money

but at the same time its kind of cool

yeah, i understand the whole "cool" factor (i own a 6x10 500watt ampeg bass amp), but it's still retarded. the difference between making the surface of the water in a cup in your cupholder go from ripple to splashing isn't worth hundreds of dollars.

but then again, i've payed hundreds of dollars for people to ram needles into my skin repetitively to permanently scar me, so whatever.

does he compete?

yes and no

he kind of ran into some lets call it 'trouble'

with some people in the audio scene

so he doesnt really floss what he has anymore

but even when he was competing he didnt really care much about winning

he built the system to piss people off

and make himself shit his pants

the rattle is hard surface to surface contact. what I would do is get some foam rubber and start with the trunk latch and put just a littlke foam rubber on it to stop that from rattling and just go throughout your trunk and find the spots that are ratting. Thats the way its gotta be done sometimes it takes a while but if you take your time and find all the rattles the end result is worth it. its what I ended up having to do to my bronco. The back hatch on it and the spare tire would rattle up something fierce till I got off my lazy ass and did some work.

what is this foam rubber you speak of? what form does it come in, strips? self adhesive? is this what it was designed for? where did you get it from, home depot/lowes? am i asking to many quesitions?

self adhesive strips

its designed for multiple uses

yes home depot lowes would have it

no.

*nevermind i think, mr morris was speaking of something else

maybe not? im not sure

Archived