media discrepencies and opinion tinged reporting.

boxcarwilly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was watching cnn this morning about 6:45, when they decided to do a profile on Bin Ladden. I got all excited because i thought, Finally, he'll be exposed as an American puppet gone horribly wrong.

When the time came in the chronilogical order to unveil this, they made absolutely NO mention of ANY u.s participitation. They claimed it was all Bin Ladden. He was the one who showed up to Afganistan for the war with "the money, the harware and the knowhow" in 1979. I was totally floored.

When will the truth come out? I just don't get the purpose of continuing this lie? I understand the fact that the government doesn't want to look bad in the face of all this, but come on. Every single major news station on the planet has done a story on this, and got it right, but the US. Its not fooling anyone but themselves. Its just making themselves look even more ignorant and arrogant than everyone already thinks they are.

Immediately after this, they did a live interview with a top official from the middle east. This interview was fuckin pathetic. They kept trying to bring in the US propaganda bullshit into it without letting him give the middle east's side of it. Even though they just asked him a specific question about that topic. He was trying to explain to these news casters why there is so much hatered for the americans, and why this possibly could have happened, citing foreign policy, and previous wars, oil etc...

Everytime he would start to get relatively deep in the subject matter, they would cut him off and ask him completely stupid and irrelevant questions trying to put the spin on the interview back into the americns favour. It was almost like they could care less what he had to say, and when the truth started to come out, they changed the topic. and at the end, in the middle of a sentence, they just cut away and stopped the interview. Upon which, the male news caster almost burst out laughing. You could tell he was trying to hold it in soooo bad. So the camera went over to the woman and got off the guy. After that there was litterally about 15 seconds of "Ummm, what. Ummmm, ohhhh" like they didn't know what to talk about.

aside from the support we gave bin laden in the past, its also worth mentioning that in may of this year bush gave the taliban 48million dollars to aid in their drug war. thats alot of money to give to someone who you consider a terrorist regime now isnt it?

[This message has been edited by seeking innocence (edited 09-14-2001).]

Archived