Serious Question

bobobi11

There are several people on this board that are advocating non-violence as a response to yesterday's events. My question is what would you propose as a reasonable response under your non-violent terms?

And I am not talking about those that want to wait and see the evidence of those responsible before rushing into war. I am referring to those (see-phore comes to mind) that are saying they support a non-violent response.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I agree. All logical resoning point the blame to Osama Bin Laden. His network of terrorist's set off a bomb at the World Trade Center in 93. The U.S. did nothing. His network exploded bombs outside 2 American embassy's in Africa. Once again we did NOTHING. His follower's were behind the attack on the USS Cole. Once again he did nothing. If he is trully the one behind this the time has come for the United States to retaliate against this coward. His time of waging war and spreading fear into Americans must come to an end. Even if he is not the one resposinle for this specific attack he has taken enough innocent victims. Some have suggested that if we do something to him it will only set in place a events that will be unstoppable. We have tried the non violence approach to his terrorist acts and they have not worked. The time is now to respond.

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3693/USFlag.gif'>

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

wow, your answer (not so suprisingly) had absolutely nothign to do with the question that was posed.

??? What I was expressing was my belief which has been getting confused by See-Phore among other by thinking I am advacating an all out war on some random Arab country. Thanks for your 2 cents seeking

i belive in non violence for the most part.

i dont think that the us should go to war with anyone,but,i do think they should defend them selves.this means keep a close watch for anything out of the ordinary,protecting the american public isnt flying to afganistan a killing innocent human beings.yes,who ever is responsible should be held responsible but NOT anyone else.

eg:im white,i wasnt even alive in the days of slavery,but should i be held responsible for what i had nothing to do with?

im part spanish,spainards killed aztecs should i take the blame?

i would have no problem with war atall if, you could gaurantee no innocent people would be hurt in any way.

im sorry if i come of as a dick.but i belive in what i belive in and am willing to defend those belifes.

im sure i've ben lumped in with the peace keepers...

for the first time i actually read what seephore said, rather than dismissing it as pointless ranting, and i pretty much agree with him. i do think we should blow the bastards into the next millenium, if some civilians get in the way, its unfortunate, but thats the ropes. as of tuesday, they know its comming so if they want to live, get the fuck out of the way. as long as we get the CORRECT villains with the least amount of innocent lives taken, thats all i can really ask for. there will never be enough retalliation, but thats about all we can do.

Originally posted by Pistol:

??? What I was expressing was my belief which has been getting confused by See-Phore among other by thinking I am advacating an all out war on some random Arab country. Thanks for your 2 cents seeking

i havent even said anything to you or about you or anything related to you what the fuck?

Originally posted by beardo:

im sure i've ben lumped in with the peace keepers...

for the first time i actually read what seephore said, rather than dismissing it as pointless ranting, and i pretty much agree with him. i do think we should blow the bastards into the next millenium, if some civilians get in the way, its unfortunate, but thats the ropes. as of tuesday, they know its comming so if they want to live, get the fuck out of the way. as long as we get the CORRECT villains with the least amount of innocent lives taken, thats all i can really ask for. there will never be enough retalliation, but thats about all we can do.

nicely put. my thoughts exactly...

one more thing to add though. i totally disaggre with war. it just leaves EVERYONE dead in the end. BUT... without war there can be no peace.

when dealing with these sort of people, you have to do something about it. look how far not doing anything has got you. if its not stopped, it will continue. next time you may not be so lucky. dont attack innocent countries, or theire innocent citizens, and dont jump to conclusions on who did it. when it is found out who did it, they MUST be stopped and punished. like i stated before if its not stopped now, the attacks will only get worse and will only continue.

What I dont understand is some of the posts,saying they dont want any innocent people killed if the U.S should go to war,WHY? Are you living in a cave??? The heartless cowardly SOBs that committed these acts had no care for the innocent.Why should we?? There needs to be somekind of example made, pointblank.Innocent people,women,and children may have to suffer for what there weak people have done.

This is just my opinion right or wrong.

the part paulie obviously doesnt get, is that THEY BOMBED US IN RETALIATION FOR OUR KILLING OF THEIR INNOCENT. weither we pulled the trigger or not, they blame us. which is no different than us sayign we should kill the palestinians (weither they pulled the trigger or not.)

when mcveigh killed innocent people in the OKC bombing, did we say "HEY, LETS BOMB MICHIGAN, THATS WHERE MCVEIGH TRAINED?" your logic is not only devoid of any actual logic, and also, i think i can speak for the majority of people when i say this, completely unwanted here. take your ignorant, racist, hypocritical, short sighted bullshit and apply it to another board. http://www.kukluxklan.org/ might be a good one...

Guest Rivers Cuomo
Originally posted by pauliewalnuts:

Innocent people,women,and children may have to suffer for what there weak people have done.

WRONG!

Fuck it,trying to reason with some you is hopeless,I well once again say ,I am in no way a racist,I love white people,Just kidding.That was a joke.But for real I have no problem with no majority of middle easterners,Palastieins,Arab Americans or whoever.I will admit that I made some very igorant remarks on 9-11.The remarks I made were half due to my over the top emotions,and half to get a rise out some of you.Obivisly they werent takin the right way,and really were uncalled for.

I still however support my belief that action should be taken, in one from or another.

In this thread I just expressed my opinion on the question posted.It kinda has become clear to me,that if you dont share the same views as others on this board you will be radiculed and given a label.

Call me what you want,I know who I am and what I believe,and I am not a racist.

Originally posted by pauliewalnuts:

What I dont understand is some of the posts,saying they dont want any innocent people killed if the U.S should go to war,WHY? Are you living in a cave??? The heartless cowardly SOBs that committed these acts had no care for the innocent.Why should we?? There needs to be somekind of example made, pointblank.Innocent people,women,and children may have to suffer for what there weak people have done.

When you reply like this, this makes you no better than those hijacking planes and murdering ...

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

no, actually i really truly believe they dont matter one single bit to anyone in the world. infact, id be willing to bet money on it.

Don't underestimate yourself. I think the reason that this topic is getting so much attention here is the fact that so many of the members here are young people. And not trying to sound age discriminatory, but I am pretty much referring to anyone younger than early to mid twenties. In a time where everyone is stunned and shocked they are in a sort of increased trauma. Not only are they scared we live in a society that does not value our youth and tends to ignore them. And in a time when everyone seems to have an opinion and is sharing it with anyone who will listen, we are talking about a generation that is typically not listened to.

Blah, blah, blah, the original point of my post was that I think the younger members are looking towards this board as a way to express their confusion, horror and outrage in a forum that (usually) honors their right to an opinion and only berates those that are truly moronic. That said I think it is up to those of us with a little more life experience and understanding of human culture and world events to provide a level headed response. I myself want to turn off my TV and my computer and forget, I am drawn to researching what is happening in various sources and trying to provide help and information to calm those in turmoil. I bid the rest of you "old farts" on this site to act as the role models that we should be to our younger brothers and sisters whether we wanted the job or not.

im dumb tonight. are you saying that paulie's comments do matter? or did you think i was saying that my comments didnt matter? sorry... im slow sometimes...

the history channel is a good thing.

[This message has been edited by seeking innocence (edited 09-14-2001).]

haha, no i was saying that paulie's racist ignorant shit didnt matter. im not expecting anyone to blindly agree with me, infact id much prefer if they went out and read some books or checked up on the things on their own. im not always right, but im willing to admit when im wrong. plus im a good dresser and i never hog space on the freight.

amusing side note about paulie. he sent me an email this morning apologising for the comments he made yesterday. which is amusing considering he got on and made basically the same ones today. huh...

Guest SPLINTER

i think they should just leave it alone and maybe find the true perps and arrest them and make them watch the video over and over for the rest of their lives, they will break and suffer due to their own actions. if the nuke us for arresting them, many innocent people will die but a lot of evil americans that think killing killers is a solution and that killing people they dont like is okay will also go. im not sayin i hate america. i hate industry, im stuck in it since i was raised in it but im sick of it. if all industry was destroyed and all weapons were destroyed the world would be a better place but it aint gonna happen so the fucked up cycle will go on on untill WW3 aka the end of the world. so the only think i can do is defy the draft if there is one comming, and never by a gun in my lif, although i already own a pellet rifle.

------------------

"Babylon throne gone down" -Rastaman

Guest chicken bone

for me, i dont agree with the killings of civilians on any point.. because i see war and such as politicians bickering over stupid things such as money and power, while they set pawns such as you and i to go kill eachother. i mean look at how many german brainwashed people died for hitler, but then theres still nazi war criminal leaders who are still alive today, when they are the real guilty people.

i dont really know a solution to any of what might happen, but i hope its with minimal strife and death.

and no, i dont think innocent people have to die and their babies and husbands and wifes and sisters have to die just because they were born in a certain geographical location, or because they have a certain color pigment, or whatever.

its just stupid and pointless.

seeking i dont think we were bombed. or did i miss something.

also for everyone saying shit like..america had this comming we did alot of fucked up shit...its not like we did that stuff laughing about it like it was cool..there were reasons why it was done. and no one reply telling me im stupid and telling me why it was done becuase not one of you know why it was done. i dont know why it was done. but the reason we are as free as we are and we have nice lives...compared to fucking shit citys and living in the desert like alot of countrys...is becuase america does shit like that. so when you give up all of your belongings and live in the desert with only stuff you provide for yourself can you take judgement on america. that or MOVE OUT OF THIS "HORRIBLE FUCKED UP COUNTRY THAT FUCKS WITH OTHER COUNTRYS..." if you dont like it then leave. and im not talking to anyone specifically just people are so quick to jump to oh fuck america we deserved it....yea im stupid but hey its 420 am. yay

[This message has been edited by Chicken George (edited 09-14-2001).]

...War is ugly. it was never meant to be pretty or perfect....

-please read,...

well i've been reading posts on this site about this whole incident for about an hour or so. And I can see how both sides have a point. But in situations like this noone is totally right.There is no perfect solution to this problem.Whether you retiliate or not there will still be blood shed.Innocent people will still die.Even if you kill/caputure Bin Laden or whoever is responsible for this it wont stop there.It will only created angrier Bin Landen followers. There is little we can do about this problem.The hatred is already built in those who did this and thier followers. If the US decides to be less aggressive and decides to increase security instead of retaliating. Terroists will feel as if the US cant hurt them or something along that line. Pluse citizens will lose the freedom they had before(means more whiners) and the tighter security still wont garuntee safety. Now, if we attack we end up killing more people and risk making more eneimies.Its all a big gamble. By attacking we can only hope to scare the terrorists but from seeing that these people risk their own lives i dont see how far that'll go. So, like i said before there is no Real solution to this problem one way or the another more innocent people are going to die whether they be Americans or whoever.

just my opinion...im not 100% right in everything i say so feel free to correct me

[This message has been edited by the last slave (edited 09-14-2001).]

Archived