DTC KYT!!!!!!!!!!

Guest seattledied

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and that kiro piece looks nothing like revok to the moron who stirred this shit up in the first place.

It kinda does look a little mskish. But fool does have flavor:o

and that kiro piece looks nothing like revok to the moron who stirred this shit up in the first place.

It kinda does look a little mskish. But fool does have flavor:o

ya now go get the first issue of clout or check out some smog pieces from the late 90's / 00 or 01, the bar structures, fat horizontal bars, skinny verticles, the two tone highlights, whatever else.

and then go peep some msk or whoever from down south shit from those same years. fuckin lts alien pieces with teeth and shit, or some fuckin dungeons and dragons magic the gathering ass shit.. either that or that chunky rock stuff duem and all those sort of people were doing.

thats smogs shit, whatever though, everyone knows anyway, all the guys that were the first to start doing it after anyway, they know who they got it off. dude had that shit in artshows with grime and them in sf years ago. fools seen it. thats why no one says shit, thats like the fuckin little "i paint like a cyber-cholo" dark secret of modern west coast style. fuckin whole shit got flipped by some san jose kid. whatever, its just how it is. no biggie. fools wanna be top dog but aint got no evidence of the progression, they just got an instant makover on their shit all of the sudden.. its just good its being brought up a little again. used to see that colt45 guy calling hella people in la out about biting smog like 4 years ago on this thing. no mention since really though.

you see fools cry all kinds when sigh or someone start painting like grey, but if its some dude from la or some guy that jocked his way into some la crew he never have nothing to do with growing up painting like smog, its like "hey he grew up around that shit, its all good, thats their shit, word"... even though half the guys grow up like an hour out in some house where if they don't mow their lawn they get a fine and onlt get to choose from 5 tones of beige next time they want to paint the outside of the house. neighborhood associations are the homies! holmes!

la aint the only place that cholo shit was around, i think there was a tiny bit of it in around this place san jose, the original home of..... wait, whats that magazine called....... oh ya, lowrider magazine, thats right.

even veks the whitest most artfaggiest guy in that crew, grew up the only white kid in a deep cut old old chicano neighborhood as a kid... and had a spanish speaking family in san jose, sleeping on the couch and shit with no room haha. wait he finally got a room for like a year before he got kicked out of the house. it was cool going over to smogs spot in highschool though, 2 bedroom apartment with like 15 people living it it. hella babys everywhere. but it's all good, theyre just some rich kids from seattle or something, jockin shit they saw on tv or something. copying those authentic block prints from varrio thousand oaks essay, and then changing the years back when they hittup around their pieces.

havnt fucked with 12oz in years, forgot how fun talking shit on the internet is. dont get sad, im just playing. smog didnt start that style - i just made that up out of nowhere. it'll be ok.

and that veks paint louis piece never happened. really.

smky2hy.jpg

if you take this the wrong way i dont give a fuck ....bay area not just san jose but bay area style traditionally dont look like this that is a L.a. stlye. who from the bay painted letters like this king157,aladin,picasso,dug,cypher,skew,dream,poem,krash,rif,phresh,crayon,sundance,gigs,awe,i could go on for ever my point is that none of the muthafuckers that paved the way for the bay area had the appeal of L.A. to there stlye.fools say bla bla smog's stlye comes from the hood dadadadada thats good for him but he didnt alway paint that stlye check this fucking web site and see for your self.but ill tell you srt8 the fuck up that skill,ayer,retna,mear,fear,dove,krush,theres so many but them fools in L.A. been doing that shit forever.maybe not the same exact letter but that appeal to there letters has been done way before smog.and iam not tring to hate or take any shine away from the man his shit is very FRESH but thats a L.A. stlye he might have made his own add ons but the way its structured its str8 up L.A......but whatever at the end of the day it is what it is he should start painting and feel proud about what he has done.and not let muthafuckers hold him back from what he can fuck with ................

if you take this the wrong way i dont give a fuck ....bay area not just san jose but bay area style traditionally dont look like this that is a L.a. stlye. who from the bay painted letters like this king157' date='aladin,picasso,dug,cypher,skew,dream,poem,krash,rif,phresh,crayon,sundance,gigs,awe,i could go on for ever my point is that none of the muthafuckers that paved the way for the bay area had the appeal of L.A. to there stlye.fools say bla bla smog's stlye comes from the hood dadadadada thats good for him but he didnt alway paint that stlye check this fucking web site and see for your self.but ill tell you srt8 the fuck up that skill,ayer,retna,mear,fear,dove,krush,theres so many but them fools in L.A. been doing that shit forever.maybe not the same exact letter but that appeal to there letters has been done way before smog.and iam not tring to hate or take any shine away from the man his shit is very FRESH but thats a L.A. stlye he might have made his own add ons but the way its structured its str8 up L.A......but whatever at the end of the day it is what it is he should start painting and feel proud about what he has done.and not let muthafuckers hold him back from what he can fuck with ................[/quote']

na i dont think anyone would take that the wrong way, and i know exactly what you mean, that old la bar stuff, fear, krush, skill, etc.. definately sharp funk letter, icr older msk etc. i know what you mean, and i agree smogs shit is totally in that catagory and the only frieghts besides local lines that ever rolled through were golden west flats, so fools saw a lot of that shit down in the south bay in the early 90's and were way more influenced than that then by anything from sf or oakland .. and have a lot of respect for those old guys.

i just think a lot of the newer guys paint exactly like him and robbed a lot of shit rather than building on an old bar style and developing it into their own shit like smog or a couple other dudes did. he was airbrushing old english letters and shit, and flipped in the fat to skinny multi-barred old english shit into a one solid bar piece. mixed it up pretty drastically, and then went with it from there. retna, ayer, their shit doesnt even look like this. i loved there shit when it came out.... graffiti hadnt really been "painterly" like that in a long ass time. some old jon156 pieces in spraycan art and a few other random things are all i can think of. anyway, by no means am i hating on traditional la shit, or cholo shit, or claiming san jose invented it. i just think smog really was one of the first dudes to do straight up big cholo block tags, and fatten up the areas of the bars and keep other areas skinny like EVERYONE does now. and those brush stroke extras, every single thing. the fat horizontals. plus the 2 , 3 tone set in highlights. etc. san jose piecing basically died iin about 1991 - 92, there was zen, jade, mes tfl still coming back out sometimes, a few others untill like 95-96 when smog and a few other dudes brought it back kinda. if you look at a lot of old san jose styles, new wave shit, old aladdin, mes, lords shit... thomas and thems old shit... old modesto shit. the areas with big mexican gang cultures, you can totally see a sharp stylerwhere this shits coming from. san jose would be to the bay area what east la would be to the south or something, completely different world up untill the past decade or so.

the smog shit to me just seems like rather than copying graffiti, it was more like a brush stroke cholo tag, like how CHAZ's shit would be (even though that was extremely familliar out here before anyone ever heard of chaz) translated into graffiti bars.find me someone else painting pieces like that before smog. i could be wrong, who knows. but him and dimes shit was definately rooted more in old southside san jose lords/fok piecing styles than any funk sf/berkely/oakland stuff. since those were neighbors and family members and shit. a whole different wave of style that has been going on in the bay since graffiti started that that new york funk stuff.

Archived