is an ipod worth my $300 bucks?

ShitFuck

sorry for the second ipod thread... i should have a nice paycheck on the way in a week or two, and i've been thinking about buying an ipod for a while.. so any stories of them, good or bad? does yours fuck up all the time? is the sound good? is there any real difference between the 300 dollar one and the 500 dollar one besides the amount of music it can hold? graci

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mine's been working solid for a few months now. I got the 10g one. Its fairly convenient..really good for long car rides, just pop it into the cigg adapter thing. but I honestly would have rather used the $ for something else, and just used my tape player. Having to charge it gets annoying..but its not a huge deal. and apparently its battery dies after like a year.

i like my ipod. The only drawback is that you have to charge it up about every 3 days so if your going on a long trip you have to get a car charger or take the charger with you. Other than that I have no major beef with it. Get one used off of ebay if you don't want to drop $300 on one, that way you can feel like a winner.

<3,

Zack Morris

Guest Pilau Hands

something's been wrong with mine since the beginning. when it works it's amazing, when it craps up, it makes me feel like a retard for buying it. i need to get them to send me a new one somehow

Guest me IS cool
Originally posted by sickwig

ipods suck, don't buy'em. a friend of mine has went through two since december. they just malfunction a lot so you gotta send them away to stupid apple for new ones.

...hehe what does your friend sit on em and throw them around or something? I've had mine for close to a year and a half WITHOUT a single replacement part, well except for the earphones.

In response to your inquiry about you getting an iPod, ShitFuck, if your gonna use it for just music then yeah. (You can get 15GB, close to 3700 songs for $299). But it's real value comes when you use it as a portable storage. I can't tell you how useful it is to have a hard drive that can play music. Believe me. it beats the hell out of backing shit up on cd-r's.

:king:

Consider ZVUE MP4 Player.

http://www.zvue.com

I read about it on slashdot.org a while back. It's a portable image/video(DiVX/MPEG etc)/mp3 player. $149. Runs off AA batteries and digital smart cards like those used in digital cameras. Data can be downloaded from your PC using a USB cable.

This thing seems to be golden but I don't know anyone who owns one so I havn't bought one.

Reviews can be found on google for the older $99 model. The MP4 player is brand new and I wouldn't suggest going with the $99 dollar one from what I've read (No USB/Mpeg/Divx).

thanks for the comments so far.. i checked out the nomad, but it doesn't seem all that great from the website.. as far as i can tell it's the same amount of money and it holds less music

sucks about the battery life.. i can see myself getting pissed realizing on the subway i forgot to charge my shit.. luckily the lovely world of cellular phones have already introduced me to this frustration..

anyone know anything about these mini-ipods? are they just a gayified version (of an admittedly already gay product?)

minis are four gigs, there brushed metal (smudges and scratches even less than the current ipod) the thumbweel has all the controls integrated and keeps the touch sensitive feature but adds the click. (click instead of just tap...which is nice)

design wise its a huge step...but again its only four gigs.

on and for the thread id say get one...then dont go to ipodlounge.com and become an ipod junkie...im locking my credit card away as we speak...too much good stuff to get for it.

the ZVUE must be a joke. honestly. read this.

For just $149.00 you can get the new ZVUE MPR Video Player—the hottest new electroitem at this new video product in years! With your cool new ZVUE you can create your owne videos and view them on a bright, full-color TFT screen, right in the palm of your hand.

Watch our exciting, new ZCARD! videos: Hot new "ready-to-play" music videos, extreme radical sports, wild, action videos that wreak havoc and lay waste—playing now on the ZVUE Player!

Guest comdek

Alright i got an i-pod and it works great, cant fault it. Only thing is mine is scratched as fuck. The scratches make it look kinda ugly... Can any of you reccomend something to say at the apple service store that will undoubtably force them to replace the unit? Any faults I could make up or whatever...

The current problems with it i could like exaggerate on are... the blotchy bit on the screen, but i dont think they will care about that. The wheel is kinda getting a bit sticky, like you got to rub it pretty hard. The buttons are also like this... gotta try hold the play button a few times to turn it off. Final thing is the white top part of the casing is getting loose from the bottom silver part.

Any help would be mad, cheers.

Originally posted by comdek

Final thing is the white top part of the casing is getting loose from the bottom silver part.

Any help would be mad, cheers.

depending on your warranty....BLING.

thats the only thing I see as worthy as gettin a fix from apple....but thats the thing..if its repairable they just repair it...if not they send you a brand spanking new one...you can get a cleaning solution made just for the ipods to try to buff some of that shit away (scratches) as well as clean up the track wheel.

Fuck A ipod i got a Sony portable CD-r/rw cd player i just brought some CD-RW (RW stands for rewritable) and i can just copy the music back on my computer and re burn it with new music. also since i have Nero burnin rom i can burn program docs pictures plus still listen to music with my Sony cd player i got it around 80 bucks now i saw it in the newspaper for 50

ipods are good. the best in there category. lets face it, who consistenly listens to 10,000 songs? granted i have close to a 1000 cd's i can guarantee you i havent listened to half of them in years.

but like someone said above you cant beat it as a hard drive that plays music. i have booted from my ipod a few times to transfer shit and it has worked effortlessly. seriously guys Apple makes the best hardware on the market. you cant go wrong.

i think we hear so much stuff about the ipod because they are the best selling and best players out. what kind of problems happen to the others?

i also find it funny how everyone gets mad about that battery thing as if EVERY single ipod battery automatically dies after the warranty is up. check the new macworld on what they have done to help consumers out on this. cmon now i work on cars everyday for a living and that would be like me saying...." oh no i dont want to buy that honda civic because it the one of the most reliable, easiest to maintain, gas sipping car out, but they had a problem on early 90's honda's occasionally with long crank times or no starts after the car has been baking in the sun due to bad solder joints in the main relay. so i wont ever buy that car."