My, my, graffiti artists sure are progressive.

Seym1has2no3fiends

Originally posted by Seym1has2no3fiends:

exactly. That's all I'm saying. I'm just mad to see stupid words like "dishrag wearers" and "sand niggers" on the graffiti board. Does opposing hate make me close-minded?? Whatever, mrlonelyheart. Sorry about the draft comment, but otherwise, no further apologies.

alright...time for chill mode -let's all hold hands now. I understand why you got mad about the racism -that got me mad too. what I was objecting to was that you were equating capitalism with racism.. and the shit about how writers should all follow some particular ideology or way of thinking -as an opponent of bigotry and closed-mindedness, you should be just as offended at such stereotyping.

also, if writers were super-capitalist, there wouldn't be so many crews. A crew like AWR would try to monopolize all of the good writers and buy out smaller crews. Kids wouldn't get schooled by better writers if "only the strong survived". But I see where you could think that.

that doesn't make sense. There are tons of businesses out there, whether it be a small business trying to get over, or mcdonalds. graff is more capitalistic than you realize. when you paint it's most likely out of some kind of self interest -doesn't matter that money isn't involved...you're earning respect, happiness, fame, whatever. and those aren't distributed equally. i don't think we writers are as rebellious as we think...after all, america loves its outlaws.

mr.mac..ngciatopdscb...all rights reserved.

[This message has been edited by Mr.LonelyHeart (edited 09-13-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest dukeofyork

fuck graff being all about innercity struggling youth or all about hip hop or blah blah blah...graff is what you make of it.

it makes me happy, and thats one thing i KNOW about it.

Originally posted by dukeofyork:

fuck graff being all about innercity struggling youth or all about hip hop or blah blah blah...graff is what you make of it.

it makes me happy, and thats one thing i KNOW about it.

right on...same here

(in fact, why the hell am i on here when i could be painting..fucking computer is addictive....must..get...away!...)

When I say it's an attack on capitalism I mean the actual ACT OF GRAFFITI is an attack on capitalism. The bullshit competition attitude that often comes along with it isn't.

I'm not saying that every writer must be a super-conscious anti-capitalist, but I can't help but laugh at the fucks going on about how patriotic they are and the BULLSHIT "love it or leave it" attitude they have, when if they REALLY love this country and what it stands for, they should just go join the mililtary or start a fucking business or something!!! Do you honestly think that the state and the pigs LIKE graffiti?! ?! ?! That makes no sense. Saying that graffiti is an act in support of capitalism is a fucking joke unless you have some dumb super-competitive attitude, "rival crews" can still be fuckin friends. These people sound as fucking stupid as Rush Limbaugh or Newt Ginrich, it's a fucking joke!

Originally posted by Mr.LonelyHeart:

think about it, we're constantly advertising ourselves, and breaking whatever laws it takes to succeed.

Ok, that made no sense! We're advertising ourselves for people to SEE, it doesn't involve any market relation (well unless you're doing legals and getting paid and whatnot but I don't dig that shit anyway)! We're breaking laws but once again they're PROPERTY LAWS! If we were "capitalists" the laws we'd be breaking would be laws on hiring illegal immigrants and paying them 2 bucks an hour and making them do our graffiti for us!

Archived