Top Ten Worst Hockey Goon Moments

Snow Walker

football is horrendously boring. its like "run for 2 seconds, everyone falls down. spend 3 minutes getting ready to run again."

basketball is more of a "hey we're all 7 feet tall, lets just pretend we need to jump to make a bunch of 2 pointers." run back and forth back and forth back and forth.

and boxing....is all rigged and mind numbingly stupid.

whatever. say what you want. but hockey is faster and more enjoyable to watch than all of the garbage ass sports you mentioned. bye.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

football is horrendously boring. its like "run for 2 seconds, everyone falls down. spend 3 minutes getting ready to run again."

basketball is more of a "hey we're all 7 feet tall, lets just pretend we need to jump to make a bunch of 2 pointers." run back and forth back and forth back and forth.

and boxing....is all rigged and mind numbingly stupid.

whatever. say what you want. but hockey is faster and more enjoyable to watch than all of the garbage ass sports you mentioned. bye.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of "back and forth"... hockey is way more back and forth! They figure skate back and forth on the ice stealing the puck from each other over and over and can go one or two periods without even scoring! Or an entire game for that matter. What's the point?

And let's look at the variety of ways to score. There's only a limited amount of "exciting" ways to score a goal with a hockey puck. Let's see... a "slap-shot", "hitting the puck in the goal", "hitting the puck in the goal real hard" and "hitting the puck in the goal real soft". Oh yeah and all this is done while the goalie somehow gets faked out (who is bigger and wider than the goal itself).

In basketball there's countless ways to do high-flying 360 jams, reverse dunks, behind the back passes, nothing-but-net three pointers, fade-away jumpers, windmill dunks, skyhooks -- I could go on. And it actually takes some skill to steal the ball from a skilled dribbler... not like in hockey where stealing the ball back and forth for an entire period without scoring is the norm.

eh...when I watch basketball all I see is a bunch of people running back and forth. As far as scoring...the only option I see is throwing a ball in a hoop or some guy jumping a couple feet in the air and holding on to the ball with his hand until he puts it in the basket.

I've played both sports...and I'd choose Hockey 364 out of 365 days.

Well, there are more than two blacks in the nhl. Off the top of my head, there is Donald Brashear, Georges Laraque, Anson Carter, Jarome Iginla, Trevor Daley, Anthony Stewart, and Peter Worell, all of whom are good. I’m sure there are more, but I can’t think right now. Grant Fuhr is a Hall of Famer who is technically black.

They were talking about how they rate hockey as a boring sport to watch on PTI ( http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...8&highlight=pti ) and I couldn’t understand why. I can assure you that a great number of Canadians, New Englanders, and New York Staters do not feel that way. Hell, there’s a strong number of hockey fans in Cali too, obviously, considering the attendance records of Anaheim, Kings, and the Sharks.

There are hockey fans, and then there aren’t. Myself, I’m a big fan. In fact, the last book I borrowed from the library was on famous NHLers’ all time favourite games they played in. You have your opinion, and you’re ruining this thread with it. Just appreciate the fact that it’s about a sport, and not about what kind of frilly underwear I’m wearing right now. With the kind of attitude you have, I bet large that you’re not even a real fan of football, basketball, or boxing. *Real athletes are down for whatever.

Lastly, I don’t mind watching figure skating when I’m high sometimes.

Originally posted by kidlugz

what's your deal man? if you don't like a thread, don't read it. simple. some people like hockey.

What's your deal man? If you don't like my replies, don't read them. Simple. Some people hate hockey.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/GnomeToys/Random%20Crap%20Storage/vibrates.gif'>

mike grier-picked up at the washington trade deadline clearance sale!!

roman ndur

tony mckegney

that badass defenseman we had for a year, the name escapes me right now, but he's prolly really good now laSomething

grant fuhr

and that's just the blacks that played for the sabres, that i remember.

^^man, that pick is sick. i remember when it happened, guy lifts off his helmet and all that blood you see on the ice just dumped out of him at once. luckily they had a doctor there because of the tracheotomy factor, or he'da been dead. they showed it again and again on the news, they don't do that anymore if there is blood, broken vertebrae is another story.

Originally posted by 23578

they showed it again and again on the news, they don't do that anymore if there is blood, broken vertebrae is another story.

exactly! i was a little kid watching sports highlights with my dad when i saw that. he was just sitting there bleeding like crazy out of it onto the ice, a ref was standing by him pretty much unable to do anything...gullyy

Originally posted by 23578

that badass defenseman we had for a year, the name escapes me right now, but he's prolly really good now laSomething

no not laSomething dumb ass, Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre.

freightlover, i could be wrong but i think that was a time the powers that be changed the rules for television.

Originally posted by FratGuyJoe

^ hockey only has 3 periods (plus overtime if needed) this is the second time you posted that, which confirms the fact that you don't know shit about hockey. you're just a big hater all around. what's not to like about hockey?

The point is, who cares? I could care less whether or not I knew which brand of jock straps most hockey players prefer.