Madrid train blast

Vlad

Originally posted by villain

Well what do you expect them to do? Amass an army and directly confront us? They aren't stupid.

There is no longer a 1st world/2nd world/3rd world. There is only one world. A world ruled by capital. There is no longer anything to excuse our actions like "holding off the commies". It's just very plain now our exploitation of the world and it's people and resources. And for what? We are not in an arms race anymore. There is no good excuse for our actions anymore.

After world war 2 the united states decided to come out of isolationism and get involved in world affairs again. Heavily involved. Now it is the dominant player. So why keep dominating?

Capitalism defeated communist Idealism but obviously capital doesn't know when to stop. When the war is over. It has taken on a life of it's own. A mind of it's own. All we can hope for now is for people to own up to some ideals within themselves and reign in this capitalism with what little governmental power we have left, before it's too late.

We are in turbulent times. Progress has outsteps the bounds and laws of this world. So are we going to ride this bullet train into hell or are we going to do something about it.

Terrorism is just a symptom of the problem.

Perfectly put.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

What are you, insane? What about September 11th? The majority of Al Qaeda attacks have killed mostly civilians.

innocent civilians were killed BUT they were collateral damage to the intended targets.

Thx 26sidedcube. Good to see people addressing things other than whats on the surface.

dude, things are fucked up, but that gives no one the right to kill innocent people, it gives no one the right to bomb anything. terrorism is not the answer, besides, what was the message behind this attack? trains and train passengers are evil capitalist pig dogs? what? please explain this to me. if i dont like something, i dont go blow it up. it is a pure gutless move in a country such as this. no one is being opressed in spain. no ones territory is being annexed, no one innocent is being killed at the hands of the spanish people.

innocent civilians were killed BUT they were collateral damage to the intended targets.

Thx 26sidedcube. Good to see people addressing things other than whats on the surface.

I'm pretty sure if Bin Laden had a choice to destroy the building with no one in it or destroy it while it's filled to capacity, he'd choose the latter.

Bin Laden wanted to kill as many people as possible in those attacks. It went right along with destroying the building, destroying the airplanes, bringing the economy in a temporary slump, and most importantly the psychological after-effects that linger on for years to come. None of that is "collateral damage". It all works into the hand of the terrorists.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

dude, things are fucked up, but that gives no one the right to kill innocent people, it gives no one the right to bomb anything. terrorism is not the answer, besides, what was the message behind this attack? trains and train passengers are evil capitalist pig dogs? what? please explain this to me. if i dont like something, i dont go blow it up. it is a pure gutless move in a country such as this. no one is being opressed in spain. no ones territory is being annexed, no one innocent is being killed at the hands of the spanish people.

I have no idea what would warrant this attack on spain by their actions RECENTLY. They certainly have a history of colonization and exploitation. But recently I don't know. Which is why I said that it didn't seem like al queda and not politically motivated.

I have no idea what would warrant this attack on spain by their actions RECENTLY. They certainly have a history of colonization and exploitation. But recently I don't know. Which is why I said that it didn't seem like al queda and not politically motivated.

Well, Spain was our staunchest supporter in Iraq next to the United Kingdom. Also I believe Spain and Islam had a history of feuding centuries ago... in fact a large portion of Spain became part of the Islamic Empire centuries back. I doubt any of that has anything to do with the recent bombings though. But it is the closest Western European nation to the Islamic/Arab world.

I'm pretty sure if Bin Laden had a choice to destroy the building with no one in it or destroy it while it's filled to capacity, he'd choose the latter.

Bin Laden wanted to kill as many people as possible in those attacks. It went right along with destroying the building, destroying the airplanes, bringing the economy in a temporary slump, and most importantly the psychological after-effects that linger on for years to come. None of that is "collateral damage". It all works into the hand of the terrorists.

It's the World Trade Center. Of course he wanted to kill SOME of the people in there. Why would he just destroy the buildings? There would just be a change in base of operations.

And I think if people step back and look at their wording, more often than not and by just about everyone, people refer to the killing of INNOCENT people. And the pentagon attacks are hardly ever referred to at all! I think we can see part of the problem just by looking at ourselves. We are implying to ourselves that there are people who deserved that fate. I've seen it everywhere on TV, in the papers. The same thing with the oklahoma city bombings. Much of the emphasis was on the children who had died in the nursury.

We have killed a million people in Iraq over the last ten years. Most of them children! We are the cause of the deaths of millions of people in Sudan. We are occupying their holy land. We have abandoned them. We have played deadly games with them. We have stripped them of all their belongings.

This was bound to happen sooner or later. And they are going to get at us any and every way they can.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Yes, yes you are......

But if the war on Iraq is the new motive....they're are a bunch of places at risk.

I am so fucking glad Canada stayed out of that shit....

yeah, it's a good thing you guys didn't send in your military. oh, wait...

Guest imported_Europe

The date fits right in: March 11th, excatly two and a half year after September 11th.

3-11

9-11

This situation will be all Im following the next couple of days.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the World Trade Center.

Of course, we know what the name of the building is called. Jesus Christ. You should've further "corrected" me and told me the "airplanes" were UNITED AIRLINES and AMERICAN AIRLINES, and that the "economy in a temporary slump" was specifically the U.S. ECONOMY that would be put in a slump.

Of course he wanted to kill SOME of the people in there. Why would he just destroy the buildings? There would just be a change in base of operations.

I'm just refuting what you said earlier. You made ludicrous claims that al Qaeda didn't target innocent people and that the people who died in the WTC were simply "collateral damage". I said that's not true, that killing innocents is part of al Qaeda's strategy. Then here you are contradicting yourself and saying "of course he wanted to kill some of the people".

And I think if people step back and look at their wording, more often than not and by just about everyone, people refer to the killing of INNOCENT people. And the pentagon attacks are hardly ever referred to at all! I think we can see part of the problem just by looking at ourselves. We are implying to ourselves that there are people who deserved that fate. I've seen it everywhere on TV, in the papers. The same thing with the oklahoma city bombings. Much of the emphasis was on the children who had died in the nursury.

We have killed a million people in Iraq over the last ten years. Most of them children! We are the cause of the deaths of millions of people in Sudan. We are occupying their holy land. We have abandoned them. We have played deadly games with them. We have stripped them of all their belongings.

This was bound to happen sooner or later. And they are going to get at us any and every way they can. [/b]

i know this may not be appropriate, but does anyone else think this quote is hilarious?

Originally posted by !@#$%

...and carried out what it called Operation Death Trains.

sorry, it was just the first thing i saw in the article.

spain was rad. glad i saw it. beautiful place and friendly people. this is a really fucked situation.

R.I.P all who died in the attacks.

i saw a spanish graf tape the other day, and the train system must have been one of the most vulnerable in western europe, wholecars in stations, all that kind of shit, so im not surprised that the train system was chosen as a way to attack.

first turkey then this. shits getting closer and closer to home.

wont be long till theres an attack in London. i wonder how much support the iraq war has generated for terrorism.

Originally posted by suckout

R.I.P all who died in the attacks.

i saw a spanish graf tape the other day, and the train system must have been one of the most vulnerable in western europe, wholecars in stations, all that kind of shit, so im not surprised that the train system was chosen as a way to attack.

first turkey then this. shits getting closer and closer to home.

wont be long till theres an attack in London. i wonder how much support the iraq war has generated for terrorism.

Yeah the Brits seem a little past due for an attack. Not saying it to offend, it's just that the Brits are the strongest US ally so you guys seem like a viable target for them. I don't think you've ever had one on your home soil have you? You guys did get bombed in Saudi Arabia like last year I think.

Guest imported_Europe

This is not going to go away, this will have consequences all over Europe.

And it could have happened any where, as writers, we all know how easy it is to access trains, lines and yards. So this is also a big blow to trainwriting worldwide.

Yeah the Brits seem a little past due for an attack. Not saying it to offend, it's just that the Brits are the strongest US ally so you guys seem like a viable target for them. I don't think you've ever had one on your home soil have you? You guys did get bombed in Saudi Arabia like last year I think.

Yeah plus with the largest Muslim population in the western world...The IRA did their fair share tho

fucking shit, i can't believe this also.

i keep telling my self, god handles dumbasses like that but shit... just shit..

and everyone all over the world was afraid to go on a plane... now its to ride the train......... then next buses... then their own cars.. then bicycles...... then walk outside.......... the be INSIDE..

the victims=r.i.p.

Strange I was admiring the graff on european trains just the night before now that you mention it. From the looks of things it would seem that they were passengers who deposited the bombs and set them off by remote control. Shouldn't be long before they dig up surveillance tapes of the of the people whos bag bombs were disarmed. Then they will have a better idea of who did this.

TheoHuxtable: Okay innocents were killed yes. But that was not their primary purpose. That's all I'm saying.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Tesseract

word to that, its close to impossible to be ETA since they always* warn before the hit and they always* claim responsibility...remember spain was one of the biggest supporters of the war against iraq in europe. I smell something from that direction.

Alltogether, this is fuckin insane, rest in peace people.

the spaniards are still putting this on the ETA. the al qaeda spin is out and everyone else is blaming al qaeda, but not the spanish government. hmm?

If terrorists REALLY wanted to fuck us all over they would just have to put anthrax or a single milligram of plutonium in the resevoirs....

water supplies are hard to fuck with because whatever contaminent was applied would be incredibly diluted..(that's why a small amount of contaminants are already present in drinking water, like lead and arsenic)

radioactive materials are disposed of right down the drain all the time.

and plutonium is tough to come by.

i may not work for the CIA, but i am a scientist, and i'm informed.

do not forget, while their agenda may be political, it is to turn politics into, and be governed by, religious fanatacism

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by BROWNer

the spaniards are still putting this on the ETA. the al qaeda spin is out and everyone else is blaming al qaeda, but not the spanish government. hmm?

i'll second the hmm

from...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3504950.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 12 March, 2004, 16:10 GMT

Spain casts wide net for bombers

Madrid - and many other cities - came to a standstill for the silence

Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar says all possible angles will be investigated to catch those responsible for the Madrid bomb blasts.

At least 198 people died and 1,400 were wounded in the bomb attacks on commuter trains on Thursday morning.

"No line of investigation will be ruled out," Mr Aznar said, just before Spaniards held a five-minute silence.

Clues found so far seem to implicate either the militant Basque separatist group Eta or Islamic radicals.

The BBC's Danny Wood in Madrid says the deathtoll is set to rise, as hospital staff are trying to save the lives of more than 100 people with serious injuries.

Spain is observing three days of official mourning for those who died in bombings, the worst in Europe for 15 years.

Flags are at half-mast and schools and other public institutions have closed. Political parties have halted campaigning for Sunday's general election.

Cities across Spain came to a standstill at midday to mark an official period of silence for the victims.

Spanish press blame Eta

Large demonstrations against terrorism are planned for Friday evening and vigils and protests have already been held all over Spain, including in the city of Bilbao in the Basque heartland.

The Italian and French prime ministers, Silvio Berlusconi and Jean-Pierre Raffarin, and EU chief Romano Prodi are flying in to attend the rallies, which will begin at 1900 local time (1800GMT).

Italy - a supporter of the US-led war in Iraq along with Spain - has increased security in case the attacks were linked to opponents of the invasion.

France has also raised its own security level and Portugal has boosted checks along its border with Spain.

Conflicting evidence

Spanish Foreign Minister Ana Palacio earlier said everything appeared to implicate Eta in the attacks, with "very strong clues" and "very strong precedents" backing that view.

The group has previously targeted the Spanish railway system and two Eta suspects were arrested last month driving a truck loaded with more than 500kg of explosives headed for Madrid.

But on Thursday the interior minister said a stolen van had been found near the route of the trains containing detonators and a recording of Koranic verses - possibly indicating Islamic militant involvement.

A message purportedly from the Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades was also sent to a UK-based Arabic newspaper saying it had attacked "America's ally in its war against Islam" on behalf of al-Qaeda.

Spanish editorial writers are demanding answers before voters go to the polls, because the culprits' identity might influence people's choice of party.

The ruling Popular Party campaigned on a hardline stance against Eta, but it also defied popular opposition by supporting the US-led war against Iraq - which may have triggered an attack by al-Qaeda.

Mr Aznar, who survived an Eta car bombing in 1995, is due to step down after a new government is formed.

He said no fanatical minority - whether religious or ethnic - that was driven by murderous impulses would be allowed to threaten Spain's democracy.

Originally posted by Europe

ETA has now officicially denied any involment with yesterdays bombings...

Check out www.farsta.tk for a spanish train update

Yo the European train scene is the shit! One of the reasons why that's next on my list of destinations. It's just like NYC in the 70's and 80's before The Great Buff. In L.A. we got somewhat of a new subway and above-ground rail system but there ain't shit on them! It'd be nice to get a train writing culture started out here but it's probably too strict out here and too hard to get into the yards. I got a list of all the addresses to all the MTA bus and train yards in L.A. if anybody needs em, come holla.

``Is it OK for you to kill our children, women, old people and youth in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Kashmir? And is it forbidden to us to kill yours?'' the claim asked.

has everyone missed the point, or what? an eye for an eye. if one western civilian was to be killed for every islamic civilian killed by westerners, the number of bombings would be much higher.

not saying that killing innocent people is justified...im just saying that its EQUALLY unjustified on both sides.

like seeking said, every coin has two sides....choosing to look at only one is ignorant.

Archived