Madrid train blast

Vlad

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only consolation for those who survived - and it is not likely to ease their suffering much - is that three more bombs, apparently timed to detonate as emergency services arrived at the scene of the first wave of explosions, were discovered by police and destroyed in controlled explosions.

Taken from this article. I read that, and was shocked. Its one thing to kill hundreds of innocent civilians, but to have more explosives set to go off when the paramedics arrive... I'm really at a loss for words.

Re: Re: What about ETA?!

Originally posted by Tesseract

And all that 'associated with al-quida" shit is just bogus...in inter-goverment relationships you see the US selling weapons to Iraq just years ago, israelis offering protection to turkey, russians digging other countries nuclear waste in their soil....and you expect terrorist groups to not being linked at eachother? where the fuck you think they buy from.

thats all, all coins have two sides.

not enough people realize how interconnected everything is.

when [american] people think bin laden, they don't also think 'CIA trained', which they should..

when americans say 'why is the u.s. even in haiti?' they don't realize that the american government loved aristide, then kidnapped him when shit got outta control

or that america installed saddam hussein

(this is why i get fury fucking us when i hear people like Dickwad Bremer saying that hussein brutalized the iraqii people for 30 years...which would mean he started immediately after being handed the reigns by the U.S.)

this shit goes on and on and on.

i too am disgusted by the cycle of violence being perpetuated in, now, almost every part of the world..

is this the beginning of the end or something????

..........GNOMETOYS....

yes!!!

Bush has already started undermining the government of oil-rich VENEZUELA

(and don't forget about the covert marine ops in Haiti)

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Not only because they kill people to make their point, but because most of them are not open to other peoples ideas and they want to make everyone like them. With them it is either their way or death, that is fucked up.

Sounds awfully familiar.

This shit sucks.

RIP

Purported Qaeda Letter Claims Spain Bombings

39 minutes ago

DUBAI (Reuters) - A letter purporting to come from Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network claimed responsibility for train bombings in Spain on Thursday, calling them strikes against "crusaders," a London-based Arabic newspaper said.

The Spanish government has said Basque separatists were the main suspect in the bombings of four trains early on Thursday that killed 190 people.

But the country's interior minister held open the possibility of a militant Islamist link on Thursday evening when he told a newspaper conference that a suspect van had been found containing detonators and an Arabic-language tape. He said, however, militant Basque separatists remained chief suspects.

The London-based al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper faxed to Reuters' Dubai bureau a copy of a letter purporting to come from the "Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades." The group aligns itself to al Qaeda, blamed by Washington for September 2001 attacks on the United States.

"We have succeeded in infiltrating the heart of crusader Europe and struck one of the bases of the crusader alliance," said the letter which called the attacks "Operation Death Trains."

There was no way of authenticating the letter.

The newspaper received similar letters from the same brigade claiming responsibility on behalf of al Qaeda for a November bombing of two synagogues in Turkey and the August bombing of the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad.

Spain backed the United States in its invasion of Iraq, drawing the opprobrium of militant Islamist groups.

Arab Paper Gets Spain Bombing Claim

By MAAMOUN YOUSSEF

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - The Arabic newspaper Al-Quds al-Arabi said Thursday it had received a claim of responsibility for the Madrid train bombings issued in the name of al-Qaida.

The five-page e-mail claim, signed by the shadowy Brigade of Abu Hafs al-Masri, was received at the paper's London offices. It said the brigade's ``death squad'' had penetrated ``one of the pillars of the crusade alliance, Spain,'' and carried out what it called Operation Death Trains.

``This is part of settling old accounts with Spain, the crusader, and America's ally in its war against Islam,'' the claim said.

Referring to Spain's Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, the statement asked: ``Aznar, where is America? Who will protect you, Britain, Japan, Italy and others from us?''

The newspaper faxed the claim to The Associated Press office in Cairo.

The statement warned the United States that a major strike is approaching.

``We announce the good news for the Muslims in the world that the strike of the black wind of death, the expected strike against America, is now at its final stage - 90 percent ready - and it is coming soon, by God's will,'' the claim said.

Asked about the claim of responsibility, White House spokesman Sean McCormack said ``we've seen the news reports and we're going to determine what the facts are.''

The message also referred to last year's attack on Italian paramilitary police serving in the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq.

``When we attacked the Italian troops in Nasiriyah and sent you and America's agents an ultimatum to withdraw from the anti-Islam alliance, you did not understand the the message. Now we have made it clear and hope that this time you will understand,'' the statement said.

``We, at the Abu Hafs brigades, have not felt sad for the so-called civilians,'' the statement in an apparent reference to the hundreds of casualties in Thursday's attacks in Madrid.

``Is it OK for you to kill our children, women, old people and youth in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Kashmir? And is it forbidden to us to kill yours?'' the claim asked.

The statement said another al-Qaida squad, Jund al-Quds or Soldiers of Jerusalem, had carried out Tuesday night's attack on a Masonic lodge in Istanbul, Turkey.

``All the Masons would have been killed but there was a technical fault. So because God wished it, only three were killed,'' the statement said.

In the attack, two suicide bombers opened fire in the lodge's dining hall, killing a waiter and wounding five other people. The attackers then detonated rudimentary explosives. One assailant died in the blast while the other was severely wounded.

Originally posted by #^%!#^%:

The statement warned the United States that a major strike is approaching.

``We announce the good news for the Muslims in the world that the strike of the black wind of death, the expected strike against America, is now at its final stage - 90 percent ready - and it is coming soon, by God's will,'' the claim said.

well, we're all fucked.

:( :o

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Yes, yes you are......

But if the war on Iraq is the new motive....they're are a bunch of places at risk.

I am so fucking glad Canada stayed out of that shit....

now dazzle, i know we've had our differences on the board and whatnot, but you got a couch for good ole teaser if he has to fleeola the country on the quick tip right?

;) :D :lol:

Terrible....

I don't think this was al queda though. Doesn't fit with their tactics. Al Quedas beef is not with innocent people and they have plainly stated this which is why they opt for decapitation attacks as cleanly as possible.... and I think they understand that intimidation tactics don't work in countries with strong governmental influence. This seems like a hate crime to me. Could be wrong though.

Originally posted by villain

Terrible....

I don't think this was al queda though. Doesn't fit with their tactics. Al Quedas beef is not with innocent people and they have plainly stated this which is why they opt for decapitation attacks as cleanly as possible.... and I think they understand that intimidation tactics don't work in countries with strong governmental influence. This seems like a hate crime to me. Could be wrong though.

just as in sept 11, al-qaeda doesn't think of civilians as innocent.

they think that because the sapnish government was with the war (even though the people weren't) the people are fair game..

there have been other al-qaeda attacks on innocent people

including in saudi arabia

and africa

from cnn.com (May 13th 2003)

Bergen: No question, attack was al Qaeda

(CNN) -- Suicide bombings Monday night at three housing compounds in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, killed at least 20 people -- including seven Americans, the Saudi Interior Ministry said. Nine bombers also died. Government officials suspect the attacks were conducted by al Qaeda terrorists. (Full story)

CNN terrorism analyst Peter Bergen, author of the best-selling book, "Holy War Inc.: Inside the Secret World of Osama bin Laden," discussed the attacks with CNN's Bill Hemmer.

HEMMER: Peter Bergen has studied al Qaeda for several years. Do these attacks look like the work of al Qaeda to you?

BERGEN: No question about it. Simultaneous attacks, they went into these compounds with shooting, which they did in the U.S. Embassy bombing attacks in eastern Africa in 1998. Then the bombs went off. Also there is some indication that there may have been initial explosions to bring people out and then another explosion to perhaps kill more people. This also happened in the U.S. Embassy attacks in Africa.

Al Qaeda itself said last week in an interview, one of al Qaeda's spokesmen, in an Arabic magazine published in London that they were planning more attacks. And clearly, this is one of those attacks. There's just an absence of other groups that would be capable of carrying out these coordinated attacks.

and from an interview with bin Laden in 2002

link... http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/sout...ript/index.html

Q [interrupting]: How about the killing of innocent civilians?

BIN LADEN: The killing of innocent civilians, as America and some intellectuals claim, is really very strange talk. Who said that our children and civilians are not innocent and that shedding their blood is justified? That it is lesser in degree? When we kill their innocents, the entire world from east to west screams at us, and America rallies its allies, agents, and the sons of its agents. Who said that our blood is not blood, but theirs is? Who made this pronouncement? Who has been getting killed in our countries for decades? More than 1 million children, more than 1 million children died in Iraq and others are still dying. Why do we not hear someone screaming or condemning, or even someone's words of consolation or condolence?

How come millions of Muslims are being killed? Where are the experts, the writers, the scholars and the freedom fighters, where are the ones who have an ounce a faith in them? They react only if we kill American civilians, and every day we are being killed, children are being killed in Palestine. We should review the books. Human nature makes people stand with the powerful without noticing it. When they talk about us, they know we won't respond to them. In the past, an Arab king once killed an ordinary Arab man. The people started wondering how come kings have the right to kill people just like that. Then the victim's brother went and killed the king in revenge. People were disappointed with the young man and asked him, "How could you kill a king for your brother?" The man said, "My brother is my king." We consider all our children in Palestine to be kings.

We kill the kings of the infidels, kings of the crusaders, and civilian infidels in exchange for those of our children they kill. This is permissible in law and intellectually.

Q: So what you are saying is that this is a type of reciprocal treatment. They kill our innocents, so we kill their innocents.

BIN LADEN: So we kill their innocents, and I say it is permissible in law and intellectually, because those who spoke on this matter spoke from a juridical perspective.

Q: What is their position?

BIN LADEN: That it is not permissible. They spoke of evidence that the Messenger of God forbade the killing of women and children. This is true.

[break in tape.]

Q: This is exactly what I'm asking about.

BIN LADEN: However, this prohibition of the killing of children and innocents is not absolute. It is not absolute. There are other texts that restrict it.

I agree that the Prophet Mohammed forbade the killing of babies and women. That is true, but this is not absolute. There is a saying, "If the infidels killed women and children on purpose, we shouldn't shy way from treating them in the same way to stop them from doing it again." The men that God helped [attack, on September 11] did not intend to kill babies; they intended to destroy the strongest military power in the world, to attack the Pentagon that houses more than 64,000 employees, a military center that houses the strength and the military intelligence.

Q: How about the twin towers?

BIN LADEN: The towers are an economic power and not a children's school. Those that were there are men that supported the biggest economic power in the world. They have to review their books. We will do as they do. If they kill our women and our innocent people, we will kill their women and their innocent people until they stop.

Q: Media organizations as well as intelligence information says that you run a big network in some 40 to 50 countries. There is information that al Qaeda is very influential and powerful and it is behind attacks and Islamic foundations and terrorist organizations. How much is al Qaeda dependent on Osama Bin Laden?

BIN LADEN: This has nothing to do with this poor servant of God, nor with the al Qaeda organization. We are the children of an Islamic nation whose leader is Mohammed.

We have one religion, one God, one book, one prophet, one nation. Our book teaches us to be brothers of a faith. All the Muslims are brothers. The name "al Qaeda" was established a long time ago by mere chance. The late Abu Ebeida El-Banashiri established the training camps for our mujahedeen against Russia's terrorism. We used to call the training camp al Qaeda [meaning "the base" in English]. And the name stayed. We speak about the conscience of the nation; we are the sons of the nation. We brothers in Islam from the Middle East, Philippines, Malaysia, India, Pakistan and as far as Mauritania.

Those men who sacrificed themselves in New York and Washington, they are the spokesmen of the nation's conscience. They are the nation's conscience that saw they have to avenge against the oppression.

Not all terrorism is cursed; some terrorism is blessed. A thief, a criminal, for example feels terrorized by the police. So, do we say to the policeman, "You are a terrorist"? No. Police terrorism against criminals is a blessed terrorism because it will prevent the criminal from repeating his deed. America and Israel exercise the condemned terrorism. We practice the good terrorism which stops them from killing our children in Palestine and elsewhere.

this whole situation is getting way out of hand.

what do you guys think is going to have to happen for it all to stop?

what do you think they will try to attack in the U.S. if there is another attack? which landmarks or targets do you think they'll go for?

Re: Re: Re: What about ETA?!

Horrible. My sympathy to the families and friends

who will suffer because of this.

Originally posted by !@#$%

is this the beginning of the end or something????

Not to sound too knee-jerk, but this is exactly

what my friend and I were talking about last

night. Verbatim.

Sure, there's always been war and conflict and

innocent lives being lost but it's never been as

easy as it is right now to completely wipe-out

hundreds (this attack) if not millions (nuclear/

chem warfare) of people with a single attack.

I shit you not.. it must have been only a few

hours before this actually took place I was

saying that it seems the rate that shit's been

hitting the fan is starting to seem exponential.

I think we might just get to see the end, not

to get any hopes up.

Originally posted by Æ°

The superpower of the world is making an attempt to invoke armageddon.

Yeah, it's not human nature and the entire world

in general not being able to work with one another.

Nah...

It's the US. Just the US, because had Canada,

Germany, or China came to be the controller

of the majority of the world's money we'd all

be holding hands and linking continents in an

international koom-by-ah circle.

Well !@#$% Do you work for the CIA or something?

I said it wasn't likely al queda. They are probably a 90% political and 10% religious fanatics. But mostly politically motivated. Of course they come from strong tribal backgrounds and have with them strong codes of honor. They are not exactly metrosexuals. So yes I can see how they would think we owe them innocent blood, as he stated there himself. Fanatical terrorism I suppose would have been more likely to happen in Spain because it is a long contested land between muslim/christian faiths. Not only that but I'm sure al queda would not like what it saw as a betrayal by spain which dishonors their code as well.

Isn't that bombing you are refering to in saudi arabia also the one where bremer barely escaped with his life? Besides there was probably strong religious motivation for that as well because al queda cannot stand the mere thought of american troops in the holy land.

Another thing to consider is that terrorists of all creeds and kinds could be motivated by al queda whether related or not and it is far too easy to blame al queda for everything these days. This is a strong scapegoat for any organization working beyond the spectacle.

Teaser: If we want to stop this madness we have to stop aggressions obviously. And being the bigger man we should step down first since they ARE technically on the defensive. And our buddies isreal as well need to chill the fuck out with their empire building.

True... it's easy these days for a handful of individuals to cause mass destruction. That's why it's so much more important for us to live in a global village. Big brother cannot track and trap all the terrorists. They can lay and wait in hiding for decades, they will get their revenge. We must make peace. We cannot have the all seeing eye of the illuminati control all the chaotic variations and possibilities it must be done on a localized personal individual and subjective level. We must feel a part of these greater forces that influence the way the world turns. Or else feel denied and bitter.

i hope every one i know in madrid is ok. i hope anyone here who has family there is ok. rest in peace.

this is such a stupid act of terrorism, spainish people are just not waring infadels like these punk asses think. its so sad it happened to such a beautiful culture and country. sad to happen to any country and culture. i dont know about you guys, but im fucking tired of this infadel calling, not showing your face pussy ass terrorism shit.

Well what do you expect them to do? Amass an army and directly confront us? They aren't stupid.

There is no longer a 1st world/2nd world/3rd world. There is only one world. A world ruled by capital. There is no longer anything to excuse our actions like "holding off the commies". It's just very plain now our exploitation of the world and it's people and resources. And for what? We are not in an arms race anymore. There is no good excuse for our actions anymore.

After world war 2 the united states decided to come out of isolationism and get involved in world affairs again. Heavily involved. Now it is the dominant player. So why keep dominating?

Capitalism defeated communist Idealism but obviously capital doesn't know when to stop. When the war is over. It has taken on a life of it's own. A mind of it's own. All we can hope for now is for people to own up to some ideals within themselves and reign in this capitalism with what little governmental power we have left, before it's too late.

We are in turbulent times. Progress has outsteps the bounds and laws of this world. So are we going to ride this bullet train into hell or are we going to do something about it.

Terrorism is just a symptom of the problem.

Originally posted by villain

Terrible....

What are you, insane? What about September 11th? The majority of Al Qaeda attacks have killed mostly civilians.

Archived