So are you guys okay? (FB's advice thread 2004)

fatbastard

FB,

Dilemma.

1) once in a life time job contract over seas with many bonus's ie. appartment etc

or

2) girl ive fallen in love with, thus being truely happy for the first time in my life. (she wont come with me o.s.)

best regards. Mr jones

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will hate me for this.

I know a lot of people will tell you otherwise but, there will be plenty more girls in your life....but not many more opportunities like the one you mentioned, think about all the things that can happen to you overseas? and if this girl really cared about you she would move with you...

Did you also consider the fact that maybe after dating her a while she wont be all you thought she was and the two of you could break up after you got overthe fairytale aspect of the relationship? then you would be cut. So i say, get to this new city and explore the wonerful opportunities that come your way..

either way, you will do what your heart tells you, so my advice is rather insignificant.

Re: You will hate me for this.

Originally posted by fatbastard

I know a lot of people will tell you otherwise but, there will be plenty more girls in your life....but not many more opportunities like the one you mentioned, think about all the things that can happen to you overseas? and if this girl really cared about you she would move with you...

Did you also consider the fact that maybe after dating her a while she wont be all you thought she was and the two of you could break up after you got overthe fairytale aspect of the relationship? then you would be cut. So i say, get to this new city and explore the wonerful opportunities that come your way..

either way, you will do what your heart tells you, so my advice is rather insignificant.

Its good to have an outsiders unbiased opinion(not just some mates saying "fuck the hoe" all the time), so thanks a mill. You are right, i would be cut up should it not work out down the line knowing what i sacrificed. Guess i can keep tryin to persuade her in the meantime.....cheers again! Mr Jones

should i go back to school and get my degree?

i probably already know the answer to this. but here are my issues:

i have made it to my late 20's without a degree. i have 5+ years of solid work experience and on occasion if my schedule allows it, i take classes to learn and upgrade my job-related skills. i make pretty good money, enjoy my job, and i have excellent credit.

i really don't want to go back to school simply because i don't think i can pass all the general ed prerequisites. i hate math and all the classes you have to take just to get that out of the way. i also can't stand the younger people in community college or state university that worry more about fashion, cell phone ringtones and friends, than education. it is distracting to me. i cannot bring myself back to that environment.

i am comfortable in an art school because they don't require so much math and the environment is definitely more creative and the students are somewhat older and mature like me. unfortunately, art school is out of my price league. i dropped out a long time ago to work so that my parents wouldn't have to stress out. i have been working eversince.

but at the same time, i feel somewhat inferior without this paper degree; you are judged by it and it determines whether you get the job or not. but i also see many college graduates who come out of college with a low chance of getting a job due to lack of work experience.

thanks in advance fatbastard.

Fatbastard....

Dude, my gf and i are in the middle of some weird times. I don't know whether she wants a break or not. One minute she loves me, the next she says she wants space.

Basically, I am reluctant to invest all of my emotional energy into the relationship if she's just going to take a leave of absence. At the same time, i don't wanna act so disinterested that she thinks I have lost interest as well. I think i should just play it cool, play it by ear and just deal with each day as it comes.....whaddaya think?

Originally posted by Devilush

^^i would say play it day by day (sorry to steal the thunder oh mighty fatbastard). she seems a lil bit confused. havent you guys been going out the same length as me and hubby? we went through this as well.

yeah we have. almost five years.

Long time listener, first time caller.(In forum terms)

Anyway, fatbastard, readin' all your brilliant advice, I knew I needed some of that. Here's my question.

There's this girl who I really really fancy. I mean, I can't stop thinkin about her. She's like my neighbour(About a minutes walk) and we're in a load of the same classes in school. I always want to talk to her, but she alway's seems to be with a group of her friends so I find it hard. I'm better at talkin to people one on one.

Anyway, I was gettin on fairly well with her around valentines day and I gave her this sketch I did of her name(she didn't and still doesn't know I write) and some poetry I wrote(soppy, I know!). She really liked it, but didn't want to get with me over the next few days. One of her friends told me she thinks this girl does fancy me but she's just shy. I'm not so sure, but, like I said, I can't stop thinkin about her.

I didn't plan on her findin out the card was from me, but she guessed. So, what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Archived