I just saw the most violent seen in a movie todate.

CRAMPS

Guest imported_Tesseract

The rape scene is just raw,

protect your girl over seeing it if you wanna get laid the following week...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by CinchedWaist

Mams,

it definitely isn't for everyone.

I can see how people would put it in the garbage category.

I dunno... I didn't mind the topic, the violence, the sexuality, or anything like that... I just thought it was badly acted, badly written, badly shot, etc, and didn't seem to be headed for improvement. Maybe I'll give it another shot some other time.

The thing that attracts me the most about "Irreversible" is how it was shot and the sound production. Heard some pretty nifty stuff about it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

The thing with "Irreversible" is that its going backwards and the camera is shaky as fuck in those last(first) horrible moments of the rapes and beatdowns gradually as it moves into the past it gets steady and soft....That trick really serves well the concept of the director, Belucci is dope and so is Kassel....in terms of technical ish its a good movie...my only objection is that i find to play with shock way to much without having something equally shockin and true to state( the only movie that did that to me was reqiuem for a dream)...its definatelly worth an watch but in my opinion its puts you in a bigger trouble for what it offers.

And i repeat cause i've been burned...leave kids and women behind

Originally posted by Tesseract

The rape scene is just raw,

protect your girl over seeing it if you wanna get laid the following week...

i think my boyfriend was more affected by the movie than i was.

Said it bothered him for days after.

My tolerance to violence and the such is quite high.

just don't let me see any animal abuse and i'll be ok.

I also think I was so prepared for the violence that when it happened

I was like "oh."

Guest BROWNer

yea, i might have actually rented this, but due to this threads

descriptions of extreme violence, i will now pass altogether.

me and ese will go watch mary poppins instead.

If you don't have emotional problems, ithink it's a very interesting flick to watch in many aspects. first the acting is just nuts cuz if those scene gave the creeps to so many people is cuz the emotion transmited by kassel and bellucci is flawless. Second, it's totally the opposit of most hollywood production, they show the human nature as it really is, sometimes good and taughtfull sometimes mean, heartless and egocentric........even for the main charater.(vincent kassel)

Archived