SK8 OR DIZZIE

duh-rye-won

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I skated for about 13 years. I used to get flow boards from H-Street back in '91 and early '92(I rode a lot of Eric Koston boards after he left to ride for 101),then Planet Earth flow in '94...and then finally flow boards from New Deal(through a shop I rode for) from 'early '96 to around the time I got hurt(late '99)...and had to stop for almost a year because of an ACL problem(I'm 29).......my knees are still fucked up......but I can still cruise around and shit---I still have some stuff on lock....even after not skating for a long time. I like skating switch now more than ever....it's kinda of funny....because it seems easier now to do that rather than ride normal these days....haha....weird. I still love it though.......just cruising around is so much fun-it's a great feeling.

Originally posted by bute

best part of it all is i work part time in a skate shop and get all my product, clothing and shoes cost price. yeah yeah.

Which one ? Hook a brother up with some prod.. :lol:

The best pair of shoes i ownder where a set of es creager's.. boo yah! i owned three pairs of them. hot diggity :ballcap:

Originally posted by ounceaddict

when I was little rollerbladers were the shit. there was this team of rollerbladers that performed in the local mall and did some cool shit, my parents were with me so I asked them to get me some blades. I had the time of my life growing up. I also got a skateboard later on, and man did I have fun with it. I wonder why I quit...oh yeah, faggots hijacked it just like faggots hijacked underground hip hop, graffiti, and DJing. fucking faggots, they fuck everything up!

Oh... that's what happened, DAMMIT! I WANT MY SCENES BACK!!!! I can't wait for this shit to go out of style.

Maybe we should start new fake scenes to expedite the process so they got something else to rip off.

Originally posted by krie

Which one ? Hook a brother up with some prod.. :lol:

The best pair of shoes i ownder where a set of es creager's.. boo yah! i owned three pairs of them. hot diggity :ballcap:

yeah bute, you're in melbourne aren't you? holla at a brother.

i had a pair of creager's and they were dope. lasted for a long time. really well designed shoes. it's a pity he was dropped by es not long after they came out. boo! at least they're still making sal's and eccel's though

bute's from perth. i spotted a pair of creager's recently, but being out of work i could not afford them. bah. i had two pairs of the red/blue and one pair of the black/grey/red .

• 3 weeks later...

still skating...15 plus years deep into it. Still can't beat the feeling of just pushing, or an ollie, no comply. Good to see a few old cats still rollin'...duffy kills it!!!! since the plan b backside lip in the rain..to the new transwolrd are you all right vid....still pro for THINK....good stuff.

gonna go push today..

hang loose

useless wodden toys

well i know that the was another skate thread here a while ago

and i posted pictures up there

dare i repeat them? yes.. i do dare

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/365125/photos/221505.JPG'>

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/365125/photos/221503.JPG'>

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/312629/photos/221533.JPG'>

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/312629/photos/221535.JPG'> paul rogriguez with his biggest fan.. haha

there were more..

but now they are MIA

girl demo in twsassen skate park.. aug/sept '03

i MADE BGL props in thrasher

i'm so proud

holy shit. weird.

I just bought my first board in five and more than a half years about five days ago.

Ive skated twice with it, and I gotta say for being outta commish that long I wasnt as akward as I thought. Like I quit said skating gwas huge for me too, dont know why I quit...and now im trying to get to the park/street every chance I can.

peaople should post up some flicks.

Originally posted by yoink

oh and on another note im about to get the flip dvd the local store has one and its not too pricey!

good purchase. brand new parts from nearly everyone (except chalmers and glifberg). salabanzi's and appleyard's parts are insano in the braino. prepare to be wowed by geoff rowley's first trick. it's fucking bullshit. the guy has no fear

my childhood was skateboarding.i wasnt that good but still it was all about having fun. just yesterday i noticed the weather was kind of nice so i take my little brothers old board out(i do not currently own a skateboard). brings back memories.im thinking about getting back into it because i need the excersise and i remember how much of a blast i used to have doing it.

Originally posted by NOBODY

my childhood was skateboarding.i wasnt that good but still it was all about having fun. just yesterday i noticed the weather was kind of nice so i take my little brothers old board out(i do not currently own a skateboard). brings back memories.im thinking about getting back into it because i need the excersise and i remember how much of a blast i used to have doing it.

word!

i stopped street skating when i reached a plateau. i could do a handful of tricks consistently but couldn't learn new shit to save my life. i still have a board and i cruise around a lot, sometimes just to the corner store and back, but it feels good to carve down the hill every once in a while.

I still skate.. in fact im going on 8 or 9 years at this point, but im still not great.. fact im still far from good. On the upside tho there is a gnarly pool by my house that ive been skating just about everyday .. its great.

(If you in LA and you want info on a clean pool feel free to IM me, ill let you in on the spot.)

Originally posted by High Priest

(If you in LA and you want info on a clean pool feel free to IM me, ill let you in on the spot.)

if it's still undiscovered (by pros that is), maybe you should call up your favorite board company and give them the address in exchange for a box of free shit.

getting back into the groove and listening to that sweet sounds as you roll across pavement=great fucking feeling

nailing tricks you havent even thought of in 6 years and rolling out clean=great fucking feeling CUBED. Just got back from the local park...feels like I havent even left;)

Archived