The effect the internet has had on graffiti

Clay-Burner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's given a voice to people that would not otherwise be heard. on the other hand, we find out what a bunch of assholes we all are and all start hating each other.

it also gives a place where shit can be shared around the world and never get buffed. on the other hand, it let's people who aren't up and only paint pussy spots a place to pretend they're gangsters and kings.

print that.

:)

with all things, everything has a positive and a negative.

the internet has allowed me to see graffiti from across the globe - graffiti that i will probably never see in my lifetime. i got to travel to some places bcuz of a graffiti-related event that was posted on the internet, which allowed me to connect with many people and keep in touch with them thru email.

on the other hand, the internet has made it easier to bite styles these days. it has exposed graffiti to a level where it's accessible to parents and police and toy writers. kids can order graffiti supplies online and never have to leave their homes to obtain these products. they can post a pic of their piece and get props w/o having to put in any real work.

this is all i can come up with for now.

well i think internet exposed graffiti nationwide, it is a good way to look at graffiti from different places that you would never go. Ive made many writer friends off of the internet that have helped me with some hard times and what not. But the internet sites expose graffiti to everyone, kids look up graffiti and find a site and think its the cool thing to do. Too lazy to finish..peace

I think it was a cool idea but went totally wrong. It's terrible because as mentioned above these newjacks and toys think there kings because of posting online... People get there egos way too high when in the real world there a nothing to anybody.

that's my 2 cents

the positive note-

*there is a means for people who otherwise might not ever talk to writers in different areas a place to meet and exchange thoughts and ideas

*a gigantic database for anyone interested in graf to find out information about it

the negative note-

*there is not as much effort put forth for the individual who wants to learn like many others before him: ie. trial and error

*people from different areas dont have a distinct style from one another, due to this platform able to help one another share techniques and flix

these are just a few thoughts that came from the tip of my dome, things i witness and even find myself doing. all in all i think that it just matters how people tend to use this tool that most of us take for granted. for me this internet forum is a bulletin board for all to see, share event news and help one another, not bash each other because one may be young and inexpierenced, or to slander those thoughts and ideas that some of us writers want to share....

Originally posted by A2BURNER

the positive note-

*there is a means for people who otherwise might not ever talk to writers in different areas a place to meet and exchange thoughts and ideas

*a gigantic database for anyone interested in graf to find out information about it

the negative note-

*there is not as much effort put forth for the individual who wants to learn like many others before him: ie. trial and error

*people from different areas dont have a distinct style from one another, due to this platform able to help one another share techniques and flix

these are just a few thoughts that came from the tip of my dome, things i witness and even find myself doing. all in all i think that it just matters how people tend to use this tool that most of us take for granted. for me this internet forum is a bulletin board for all to see, share event news and help one another, not bash each other because one may be young and inexpierenced, or to slander those thoughts and ideas that some of us writers want to share....

those are also very good points.

oh i gotta get down on this one.,...the internet has given a voice to all the under the radar, never was...toy..cant get up..cant style haters out here....they all luv that they can hide behind a screen name and put all the dirt they want out there and never once give a name...i am 100% sure at least 2 toys on here who talk alot of caca have stood at a wall we have done and watched and jocked..and even brought out blk books for us to sign...dont hide behind the net..be a man..if u hate...give a name and a reason..we can go from there..but why bother even saying this..they never will........

DEMEROCK RSH WALLNUTS

WWW.DEEPINSIDETHEMIND.COM

WWW.WALLNUTSCREW.COM

The internet had absolutely no part in my experience while I was actively writing and I'm personally glad about that because there isn't much I would change about those times. I learned by walking around the city, observing, bombing, and getting schooled by those better than me(which was everybody at first). Making my own mistakes and learning from them. Bombing was much more important to me than piecing, so I didn't really spend a lot of time biting from magazines except for when they had dope throwups or whatever.

But then I didn't grow up with the internet either, and it doesn't mean that people using it now don't have the same experiences. I don't really blame people for using whatever the latest technology is, it's always going to be evolving. I at least had magazines to look at, whereas writers older than me didn't even have that. It's useless to ignore it out of stubborness, because then you just get passed on by.

There's a lot of similarities beween internet forums and graf writing, especially since people use aliases in both. There are talented artists and skilled bombers that work hard to get props in their painting and talented writers who have intelligent posts or else are just funny. On the other hand you have people that just post a lot or flame to get attention, in the same way that there's bombers who just scribble wack shit or dick over other peoples' work. I've been both in both environments, tending more to the latter at first until I grew up a bit.

Positive or negative? Well, I still see graf everywhere, I still see heads at shows...and until it gets to the point where people are just staying indoors and playing video games all the time instead of putting in work, it's a good thing. And if some kid in South Dakota or wherever is exposed to this shit and has a more interesting life as a result than that's a good thing too. Just as long as the respect for the art, the history, and the pioneers remains.

thanks

what up homies, i'm the kid writing the research paper. All your responses have been helpful. Id like to ask a few questions and if anyone can respond to them, or any subject regarding graffiti and the internet please do so and thanks a lot.

What are some of your favorite graf websites and what makes them good? what websites suck and why are they wack? any info on the guys that post pics on 12oz? are they posting their own pics? or flicks that they find on the internet? Have any of you guys been inspired by internet graf? and if anyone can give details on a good/bad experience with the internet and graffiti (i.e. meeting writers/forming crews or getting into beef over some bullshit.) Any other comments on the topic are very helpful thanx.

if you can try to answer in a way that would make for good quotes by making complete answers and using details that would be helpful.

note: i may quote you using your 12oz username in my paper..if you don't want to be quoted just say so.

PZ and thx,

Daver